Gaston's Fly In 2015 - October 8-11th

Put us on the list its official we are going.
Tim and Susan arriving Friday departing Sunday.

Well, damn. Maybe we need to sweet-talk the parents into some babysitting. I was thinking this was going to a predominately testosterone-filled event, but if we've got Teresa and Susan coming, maybe there will be some conversations I can in join with.

Well, damn. Maybe we need to sweet-talk the parents into some babysitting. I was thinking this was going to a predominately testosterone-filled event, but if we've got Teresa and Susan coming, maybe there will be some conversations I can in join with.

I hope you can work it out, the first thing Susie asked is if you were going.

Don't forget Sharon, I'd bet she can out talk all three of you! And David's girlfriend and, who knows, Danielle may come unannounced again this year.

Danielle'd better be there - she has cookie-baking duty!

So who wants to log some dual received while there?

And don't forget Leslie may be there! We've got it in our calendar, but won't be leaving until Friday afternoon. We're not even booking a room ahead of time, COUNTING on the kindness of our friends to put us up if they're "full." I think we'll being a couple of sleeping bags with, just in case.

Hello everyone, this is Javier, I haven't been around here for a looooong time. I'd like to see some of the old faces and some of the new, I'd love to go to Gaston's this October. Most likely we'd drive, so consider my car available for store trips, etc.

Excited to catch up with the group.

Hello everyone, this is Javier, I haven't been around here for a looooong time. I'd like to see some of the old faces and some of the new, I'd love to go to Gaston's this October. Most likely we'd drive, so consider my car available for store trips, etc.

Excited to catch up with the group.

Bring it on! Be glad to see you again and catch up.

Starting to prep for the trip.
If all goes well this will become a couple cases of Oktoberfest. :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• Octoberfest.jpg
    Octoberfest.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 192
I am the only one that saw that and thought, "he's just some house cleaning chemicals shirt of the lab scenes in Breaking Bad."

At this moment, I still have open spots in both cabin and aircraft.

Bryan... We need to meet at the Denton beer mart you told me about and pick out some of the other good but off the general path offerings you say they have.

Can I come in for lunch on Friday?
Having two urchins <4 means my wife won't let me out of the house to spend the night...

Beer is 1/3 through fermentation

attachment.php

Commemorative labels are ordered :)
attachment.php

Attachments

• carboy.jpg
    carboy.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 131
  • gasbeer.png
    gasbeer.png
    264.6 KB · Views: 132
Can I come in for lunch on Friday?
Having two urchins <4 means my wife won't let me out of the house to spend the night...

Bring urchins *and* wife.

I seem to recall you have a very pretty wife.

Ever wonder why people like Bryan? :D

At this rate, we're gonna need a bigger airport.... And advise the restaurant to bring in more staff.

At this rate, we're gonna need a bigger airport.... And advise the restaurant to bring in more staff.

Not even close. We've had WAY more down there at once. Parking are full plus planes on each side of the runway - probably 7-10 on each side of the runway.

The restaurant though, even if they had a staff member for each patron there, they would still be slow.

Ever wonder why people like Bryan? :D

It is really just for the administrative things.
I am punctual, clean, I floss, rarely have noticeable body odor.
Not a lot of bad habits, no knuckle cracking, chewing w/ my mouth open, I never yell "Sterile Cockpit!!" unless I am asking someone to clean it.

The rest of the package is a bit of a Stanly Kubrick film. You keep watching even though you feel you probably shouldn't.

It is really just for the administrative things.
I am punctual, clean, I floss, rarely have noticeable body odor.
Not a lot of bad habits, no knuckle cracking, chewing w/ my mouth open, I never yell "Sterile Cockpit!!" unless I am asking someone to clean it.

The rest of the package is a bit of a Stanly Kubrick film. You keep watching even though you feel you probably shouldn't.

Maybe so, but you wear gay looking socks and sandals! :D:yes:

I think his socks are very manly.

I think his socks are very manly.

Spike we will have to go for a spin in the Cirrus.

I flew with Tim (tecprotb) and the voice came on going "Traffic Traffic"
Imagine a strapping young male masseuse glistening in oil ready to give you a rubdown giving you these alerts. That is how Tim heard it. :)

Tim was like "Who the hell is that?"

Then he explains that he has a hot french woman giving him alerts while I am stuck with "Cirrus Steve" as my traffic announcer.

Now according to Tim, I'm never alone in the plane as I am always accompanied by my gay adviser. :rofl:

Ever since that flight, I have even imagined I hear a slight lisp when I get alerts.

Between Tim, Bryan, Ed, and James A., I think this is gonna be the PoA version of "Whose Line Is It Anyway?"

Troy and Greg will just toss in the improvisation topics from a hat periodically and let you guys just be yourselves while the rest of us fall out of our chairs.

Attachments

• whose-line-is-it-anyway-752x501.png
    whose-line-is-it-anyway-752x501.png
    481.3 KB · Views: 16
I will be on my best behavior since it looks like there will be families present. However I am bringing cards against humanity for after hours

Uh, Cirri aren't approved for spins.

Between Tim, Bryan, Ed, and James A., I think this is gonna be the PoA version of "Whose Line Is It Anyway?"

Troy and Greg will just toss in the improvisation topics from a hat periodically and let you guys just be yourselves while the rest of us fall out of our chairs.

GREAT IDEA! Game on!

And probably a good idea Bryan and I don't submit anything to be drawn from a hat

Can someone post the link to the video Jesse made on the "over the dam" approach? That really helped me and it might be of use to others flying in this year.

Back