Gaston's Fly In 2015 - October 8-11th

Name.................Tail Number...Model...............Arr/Dep......Sat BBQ, #.......Side dish?
Troy & Teresa W......N5423S........Cessna TR182........Thu/Sun......Yes, 2...........BRISKET! MEAT!
Lance & Sue F........N57039........Mooney M20J.........Fri/Sun......Yes, 2...........Hors d'oevres
Spike Cutler.........N7892R........Beechcraft Bonanza..Thurs/Sun....Yes!, 1..........?
Mike Farlow..........N55WB.........Cessna 182P.........Thur/Sun.....Yes, 1...........Will contribute something
Bryan Turner.........N25MV.........Cirrus SR22.........Fri/Sat......Yes, 2 (I think).Homebrew and some sort of meat.
Brian (maybe norene).N4550V........Beechcraft -35. ....Sat..........Yes, 1 (maybe 2).veggie meat?
Tim................. N5057D........C182A ..... ........Fri/Sun......Yes, 1........ ..Choc Mocha Ice Cream
Jimmie/Kate J....... N14728....... Super Viking....... Thur/Sun.... Yes,3........... bacon wrapped shrimp?
Kent & Kelsey ...... N97ST ....... Mooney M20R ....... Fri/Sun .... Yes, 2 ......... Consult my personal chef.
Jesse..........Who the hell knows....Airplane..........Depends......Yes, 2...........Crown

Code:
Name.................Tail Number...Model...............Arr/Dep......Sat BBQ, #.......Side dish?
Troy & Teresa W......N5423S........Cessna TR182........Thu/Sun......Yes, 2...........BRISKET! MEAT!
Lance & Sue F........N57039........Mooney M20J.........Fri/Sun......Yes, 2...........Hors d'oevres
Spike Cutler.........N7892R........Beechcraft Bonanza..Thurs/Sun....Yes!, 1..........?
Mike Farlow..........N55WB.........Cessna 182P.........Thur/Sun.....Yes, 1...........Will contribute something 
Bryan Turner.........N25MV.........Cirrus SR22.........Fri/Sat......Yes, 2 (I think).Homebrew and some sort of meat. 
Brian (maybe norene).N4550V........Beechcraft -35. ....Sat..........Yes, 1 (maybe 2).veggie meat?
Tim................. N5057D........C182A ..... ........Fri/Sun......Yes, 1........ ..Choc Mocha Ice Cream
Jimmie/Kate J....... N14728....... Super Viking....... Thur/Sun.... Yes,3........... bacon wrapped shrimp?
Kent & Kelsey ...... N97ST ....... Mooney M20R ....... Fri/Sun .... Yes, 2 ......... Consult my personal chef.
Jesse..........Who the hell knows....Airplane..........Depends......Yes, 2...........Crown
Dana (plus one?).....N64287........C172................Fri/Sun......Yes,2...........Homebrew, bacon

Code:
Dana (plus one?).....N64287........C172................Fri/Sun......Yes,2...........Homebrew, bacon

What are you planning on homebrewing??
I am selecting my supplies next week.
I was looking at a Franziskaner clone because it is heat tolerant and somewhat foolproof.

Code:

I can never remember how to add to the list.

What are you planning on homebrewing??
I am selecting my supplies next week.
I was looking at a Franziskaner clone because it is heat tolerant and somewhat foolproof.

Oshkosh kinda cleaned me out :D

So, probably start my overdue Oktoberfest, while running a second batch, rye pale ale with some crazy hops (azacca or something like that) I picked up. Repitch the first into a Czech lager, and the second into an ESB. This supposes work cooperates on all counts, trip and brewing. :dunno: About twice I have tried to hit Gastons unsuccessfully, so hopefully third time is the charm. In theory, the first two will make the trip.

Franzisk is a good call and damn refreshing. Never tried brewing it though. Looking forward to trying it if that is the way you go.

I can never remember how to add to the list.

Took me about 6 rounds of previewing and adding or removing periods. You can probably just shotgun it in and someone will likely tidy it few more times before October as people add and drop.

I just made my cabin reservation.... So far solo, so have spots open for others.

NOTICE: There is only one cabin left in the pool area where Troy, Spike, and others are in. Plenty of other cabins are available, but the pool area is "closer to the activities" and will save lots of walking back and forth.

SUNSHADES:

Last year, we used my large pop-up shade because Troy drove his truck and he graciously offered to transport it to and from our event.

This year, since we're both flying, we won't have my shade. So who can plan on bringing what so we can lounge comfortably in the shade?

Troy: On your list, add a column for tail#'s so we know who's who when we hear them on the radio.

I'll be in N55WB, same as last year.

And for folks in the DFW area, I currently have a seat open.

SUNSHADES:

Last year, we used my large pop-up shade because Troy drove his truck and he graciously offered to transport it to and from our event.

This year, since we're both flying, we won't have my shade. So who can plan on bringing what so we can lounge comfortably in the shade?

Your shade won't fit in the 182?!?

I see no experimental's on the list what up with that? No way we can let that happen.:)

Your shade won't fit in the 182?!?

You know the ol saying with a 182.......

If you can get the door closed, you can haul it.

Trying to get in one of those shades is like trying to get a round peg in a square hole.

I see no experimental's on the list what up with that? No way we can let that happen.:)

...countin' on you to ensure that it doesn't! I've always wanted a ride in a 10! :yes:

I rode in that 10. For a short time it was the 2nd fastest plane I had been in.
Then Tim taught me how to calculate TAS in the cirrus. Cirrus has been a dog ever since and his tweetybird is now back to number one the fastest list.:)

I don't have any shade but I week try and fit some extra chairs

We aren't committing, but would like to make it. Leslie has commitments in the office until early Friday afternoon, and would then need to make it to the plane and fly on down. We don't plan to book a cabin at this point, so would need a last minute cabin share or availability.
IF we come,
N284M
Cherokee 235
Fri/Sun
Yes for Sat BBQ
no idea what we'll bring

So in a twist of schedules....

Mrs. 6PC bailed due to scheduling issues.
There was a negotiation and my saint of a wife is keeping the kids.

I believe KenJr is planning on driving/flying up from Georgetown to my place.
I also believe David White and his lady are flying into DFW.

This is all subject to change if anyone finds better offers or has schedule issues but it looks like at this point the 4 of us are flying down together.

I just checked and it looks like we have beverage service on our flight and a hefty useful load. How much does a keg weigh?
Also we're gonna need to pee when we land.

Technically your flying up. Also You might want to read up on the Hobbs Act before heading up there.

Especially if you "fly down". That's the long way around. 3M0 is north of DFW!

Great minds.

DFW
Elevation: 607 ft. / 185.0 m (surveyed)

3M0
Elevation: 479 ft. / 146.0 m (surveyed)

Just sayin'

:D

Smart Ass.

I believe KenJr is planning on driving/flying up from Georgetown to my place.
I also believe David White and his lady are flying into DFW.

Keep coordinating with me on items like this. Especially since we are departing from the same airport.

So far, It's just me and the Skylane. So we might work on who's riding up with whom and such.

Bryan...

We also need to hit that craft beer mart you told me about here in Denton. Bring some of the better, "You'd never think to try this but it's goooood!" items.

A few folks did that last year and I had a chance to try some really interesting and good brews.

Keep coordinating with me on items like this. Especially since we are departing from the same airport.

So far, It's just me and the Skylane. So we might work on who's riding up with whom and such.

Aren't you flying down Thursday?
I am only going to be able to get out there Fri - Sun

David mentioned going as early as possible so he may want to touch base w/ you if you are doing Thur- Sun.

Troy: On your list, add a column for tail#'s so we know who's who when we hear them on the radio.

?? I believe that's the second column on the list. What I should have had is a column for where your flight originates from, so we can give a "longest journey" award. I guess we'll just have to figure it out over dinner and beers.

Updated list:

Spike Cutler.........N7892R........Beechcraft Bonanza..Thurs/Sun....Yes, 1...........?
Jimmie/Kate J....... N14728....... Super Viking....... Thur/Sun.... Yes, 3.......... bacon wrapped shrimp?
Jesse..........Who the hell knows..Airplane............Depends......Yes, 2...........Crown
Dana (plus one?).....N64287........C172................Fri/Sun......Yes, 2...........Homebrew, bacon
Greg and Sharon B....N3934V........Cessna 170..........Thu/Sun......Yes, 2...........Whatever is needed
Grant & Leslie.......N284M.........Cherokee 235........Fri/Sun......Yes, 2...........(might make it, tentative)

Spike, Mike, Greg and Sharon, Kent and Kelsie, or anybody else that is attending Saturday dinner but doesn't know what to bring....

It looks like SIDE DISHES appropriate to BBQ are needed. Rolls and butter, slaw, beans, BBQ sauce, pickles and onions, sodas, dessert, etc.

Teresa and I will bring lots of paper plates, silverware, Solo cups (with a fat Sharpie for writing names), napkins, etc.

Spike, Mike, Greg and Sharon, Kent and Kelsie, or anybody else that is attending Saturday dinner but doesn't know what to bring....

It looks like SIDE DISHES appropriate to BBQ are needed. Rolls and butter, slaw, beans, BBQ sauce, pickles and onions, sodas, dessert, etc.

Teresa and I will bring lots of paper plates, silverware, Solo cups (with a fat Sharpie for writing names), napkins, etc.

We can always grab one of the resort's vehicles and do a foraging trip into town.

I usually do that for some breakfast and snack items. And liquor store.

So once we know what we're missing, we can make a run to town for it.

I will pass that on to the SO. Getting a ride off campus at Gaston's would be most helpful.

Did someone say Cole Slaw?....awww no. Lock the thread before it jumps off the rails!

Well cooked Pulled Pork BBQ + Cole Slaw + 2 slices Texas Toast = one yummy sammich

"Devil 21, IP inbound, cleared weapons hot."

You know the ol saying with a 182.......

If you can get the door closed, you can haul it.

Trying to get in one of those shades is like trying to get a round peg in a square hole.

Take the back seat out. ;)

We badly want to come this year, but we just got a request to attend an important event in the lives of two of our best, and one of our oldest, friends in the world that may make the vacation time for Gastons impossible.

Actually it does make it impossible without figuring out how to get compromising photos of the boss. I just met a guy who owns a PI firm who lives in my neighborhood. I'll see what he can do.

Quitting my job has come to mind more than once as a reasonable solution.

Put us on the list its official we are going.
Tim and Susan arriving Friday departing Sunday.

Last edited:
Back