End of my cable problems

As we turn the corner on this thread, here is a question for the group.

Can I legally build cable assemblies for your certified aircraft?

Did something similar except I was told to take the parts out behind the base and dump them in the swamp. They were a pick up truck load of 8-10" cast iron fittings that we had inherited from a contractor on base when we took over what they had been doing. Damn stuff is probably still there unless the swamp dried up. Yup, a couple stripes and an E7 tells to do it, you did it.
You did as you were told. you didn't remove government property from the government property. Had you taken the stuff home you could have been prosecuted as a thief. But misappropriation of government property is still in effect.

Ahh well, my story is it's in storage, where the boss told me to put it, and most likely still there, on base property. A little swamp and snake infested, but it's there. :D

Plus it was probably 45-47 years ago, maybe statue of limitations applies? :rofl:

Are they guaranteed seaworthy?
To work on a boat requires what, anybody can work on a boat and many do that have no idea of what they are doing. I have seen 40' yacht's so messed up by do it yourself types and then sold to some unsuspecting smuck. As for a marine surveyor anybody can claim to be a expert marine surveyor with all sorts of letters of standing behind their name.

To work on a boat requires what, anybody can work on a boat and many do that have no idea of what they are doing. I have seen 40' yacht's so messed up by do it yourself types and then sold to some unsuspecting smuck. As for a marine surveyor anybody can claim to be a expert marine surveyor with all sorts of letters of standing behind their name.
no different than working on a Long-EZ....:stirpot:

As we turn the corner on this thread, here is a question for the group.

Can I legally build cable assemblies for your certified aircraft?
No one seems to want to venture a guess :)

Many years ago, I got a call from the airline caterer. They had inadvertently allowed a case of airline-owned filet mignons to thaw and couldn't use them within the shelf life and it was illegal to refreeze them What to do? I called the inflight services boss and was told to "dispose of them properly."

I can tell you that airline steaks are great when cooked over a charcoal fire. They lasted all summer.

so....what parts can an IA manufacture?
It's a case of who can legally make them..

Can I manufacture cable assemblies with part numbers for your aircraft and sell them to you? pretty obvious question ---- > Yes or NO ?

Many years ago, I got a call from the airline caterer. They had inadvertently allowed a case of airline-owned filet mignons to thaw and couldn't use them within the shelf life and it was illegal to refreeze them What to do? I called the inflight services boss and was told to "dispose of them properly."

I can tell you that airline steaks are great when cooked over a charcoal fire. They lasted all summer.
How you dispose of garbage is your prerogative, but remember you are what you eat :)

It's a case of who can legally make them..

Can I manufacture cable assemblies with part numbers for your aircraft and sell them to you? pretty obvious question ---- > Yes or NO ?
you should know this....Tom. :eek:

"Manufacture" is a specific term. No one can "manufacture" without PMA. We've been here before.
that's true, so how can the cables I make be used on certified aircraft?

I'm pretty sure Tom knows the answer, he's asking if WE know the answer.
You betcha, as aircraft owners you should know what parts can and can't be used on your aircraft.

You fabricate, using parts that were manufactured under PMA.
Then you should talk to Nisley Manufacturing in Loomis Ca about fabrication, they just got fined for that.

so....do tell us how you're going into the cable manufacturing bidness? :D
That easy. Can you as an owner provide parts? Can I make repairs to cable assemblies?
When you as an owner hands your A&P a cable, who declares airworthiness?

If you walk into my shop and hand me a cable and tell me to build you a new one, why can't I do that ?

Back