End of my cable problems

Do you think I got my IA without being able to read and comprehend? Thanks for the insult.
If So, why not answer the question.? you are welcome.

If you walk into my shop and hand me a cable and tell me to build you a new one, why can't I do that ?
You possibly can. You can fabricate some parts, per (in accordance with) a number of references, including, manufacturers engineering drawings, SRM's , etc. You can even use "sample part" but if you do you better be able to prove that the components (cable for example) is the same spec as origional, which could include an eddy current test. Boeing has such test in their NDT manual and I've done it several times over the years.

You build up (fabricate) the cable.

You hand the cable to the owner, along with a logbook sticker, describing only the work you performed, reference, signature and cert#.

You bill him for labor, for the repair + parts.

Did it matter if you did the work in his hangar or your basement, no. And someone else will sign for removal, installation, and rig/adjust of cable.

Last edited:
Cause you don't any 'Made in China' stickers? :dunno:
You build up (fabricate) the cable.

You hand the cable to the owner, along with a logbook sticker, describing only the work you performed, reference, signature and cert#.

You bill him for labor, for the repair + parts.
How do I know where they will use the cable?
You call me and tell me you need a cable built, I tell you to bring the parts by the shop I'll swage it and you carry it away.

If I as the owner, send Tom a length of cable, the fittings and drawing and he uses his equipment to create the assembly, would it count as 'owner manufactured part'?

If I as the owner, send Tom a length of cable, the fittings and drawing and he uses his equipment to create the assembly, would it count as 'owner manufactured part'?
It would :)

Do you think I got my IA without being able to read and comprehend? Thanks for the insult.
I'm wondering how you got an IA with out knowing this.

You fabricate, using parts that were manufactured under PMA.
I missed your point the first time around but re-reading, you are correct, all parts in a cable assembly are manufactured as AN or MS standard parts. All I do is assemble them. But that does not mean I can manufacturer certified aircraft parts with out a PMA to do so. The Cable assemblies I make will be owner supplied parts that the installer will declare airworthiness.

Had Bob Richardson been around, he could have swaged that cable with his teeth!!

Man, you new mechanics are softies!!

I'm wondering how you got an IA with out knowing this.

Tom:
I know the effing answers. I won't get into a discussion with you about it because no matter what I say you will say I'm wrong or don't know what I'm talking about. Your crap gets old after a while.

Tom:
I know the effing answers. I won't get into a discussion with you about it because no matter what I say you will say I'm wrong or don't know what I'm talking about. Your crap gets old after a while.

KISS, should simply answer the questions.

Had Bob Richardson been around, he could have swaged that cable with his teeth!!

Man, you new mechanics are softies!!
What happened to Bob.? said like I've not heard from him :)

bacon cooking.jpe

I was gonna use that popcorn image but I'd rather enjoy some bacon instead. Get 'em Norman!

I used to think that pilots were bad about turning any thread into a penis measuring contest. APC has taught me that we have *nothing* on aircraft mechanics.

What happened to Bob.? said like I've not heard from him :)
Bob (Swage) passed in 1990. He owned University Swaging in Ballard, and a B-17 at Boeing Field.

http://www.warbirdregistry.org/b17registry/b17-4229782.html

b17-4229782-3.jpg

Bob's B-17 on low pass at BFI.

I used to think that pilots were bad about turning any thread into a penis measuring contest. APC has taught me that we have *nothing* on aircraft mechanics.
no worries....Tom got a new toy and he wanted to show everyone. :wonderwoman:

i think tom was the one hit by the prop during his famous tdc leak-down test not his client!

Back