Damn Cat

OK, I've caught the neighbor's cat crapping in our solarium grow trays for the 4th time. yes I've caught and returned the cat3 times before. there are leash laws in Oak Harbor that include cats.
I have the cat in a live trap now, my next action should be?

Repeat Shcrödinger's experiment?

The Oak Harbor marina has a flock of about 100 Canadian geese that live on the marina, they do a great job of keeping the homeless transient people from living there.
we like that.:)

Canadian geese? :confused2:

Call I.N.S. :lol:

put brick into trap with cat shake violently for one minute. repeat every 10 minutes for one hr empty into cat owners trash can (less brick it may be needed again). solved my problem Oh if you need a brick I'll send it to you. Never had to use it again. you can leave it in the trash along with the cat..

We have had a number of bad post reports in this thread regarding animal abuse. The offenders will be warned (not that they probably care), but it is almost impossible to clean up the posts plus responses without leaving a large hole in the thread. So I'll leave it as an example. The MC does not condone posts about animal abuse. Gentle humor is OK. Posts regarding anti-freeze and bricks are not.

Think of the suggestions of violence that would ensue if it was tom's neighbor's tree that was encroaching on his property! Kill it! Cut off the limbs! Hehehe.

I will admit, many years ago, I confiscated a neighbors live trap, with my cat in it.

I borrowed a trap to catch a feral cat terrorizing the neighborhood. First I caught our own pet. She was pretty much a princess in demeanor, and she was flat out p-zzed to be trapped. She didn't speak to me until dinner time....

Next night we caught and relocated the feral cat. Man was he nasty!

-Skip

My response to my neighbor when / if they challenge will simply be " comply, you've been told several times. "

Aiiight tom.

Look, I'm not a cat guy, not my scene.

That said, my mom lives in WA (not near you) and she has a cat, she loves that little chit.

Now if she called me, sobbing about something bad happening to mr kitty, well I'd have no choice but to do a little looking into it, and being it was my mom, despite you not knowing about my existence, I'd have to set a precedence about the matter, I'd serve that chit onto your door 10 fold, if I didn't know which out of say 3 people were dumb enough to do it, well shock and awe on all 3, call it 5 fold over 3 folks, you'd never be able to prove anything, but it you'd know where it came from, and as an elderly man it would prove more than your tolerance.

I'll say it loud and clear, I got no dog in this cat fight, but I'd strongly sugguest you don't screw with your neighbors pets.

-out

Aiiight tom.

That said, my mom lives in WA (not near you) and she has a cat, she loves that little chit.

Now if she called me, sobbing about something bad happening to mr kitty, well I'd have no choice but to do a little looking into it, and being it was my mom, despite you not knowing about my existence, I'd have to set a precedence about the matter, I'd serve that chit onto your door 10 fold, if I didn't know which out of say 3 people were dumb enough to do it, well shock and awe on all 3, call it 5 fold over 3 folks, you'd never be able to prove anything, but it you'd know where it came from, and as an elderly man it would prove more than your tolerance.

I'll say it loud and clear, I got no dog in this cat fight, but I'd strongly sugguest you don't screw with your neighbors pets.

-out

And all that for a cat. Sounds stupid.

And all that for a cat. Sounds stupid.

For me, as an outsider, it isn't someone messing with a feline, it's someone messing with my mom. Not sure if that makes sense to you, but no matter how I felt about the stupid cat, causing discomfort with my mom, it would require a responce.

Aiiight tom.

-out
Tell me what I did that was so Freaking bad. I took a cat off the streets and made certain it didn't get ran over, plus it got properly fed. and cared for that it was not getting at home. and the owners got a lesson in why they should not allow their animals to run loose.
I don't know where you got the idea that I harmed the cat. or ever would, i guess you missed the part that this was the 4th time I've caught the cat, and the third time I returned it to its owner. would your folks allow this to happen?
If this cat was your folk's I hope I'd never see it. But it ain't, it is pretty much on it's own most of the time.
And OBTW 2 can play your games.

For me, as an outsider, it isn't someone messing with a feline, it's someone messing with my mom. Not sure if that makes sense to you, but no matter how I felt about the stupid cat, causing discomfort with my mom, it would require a responce.
Let's hope your MoM wouldn't be running the streets like this cat.

Dude, just use that cat away spray, or better yet, fortify your green house.

Oh just so you know, my security cam sounded the alert last night about 23:30 when I looked there were two Coyotes in my drive. So I guess the cat problem in the hood is going to be over soon, So today I pulled the trap. The Coyotes will eat the cats, the bunnies will return, the cats will return and eat the bunnies, then the coyotes will return, the cycle will continue.

Dude, just use that cat away spray, or better yet, fortify your green house.
Why don't you believe the feral cats need to be controlled? or people need to better care for their pets?

How old are you? If a cat can get in so can other animals, fix your house!!!
Do you know what happens when you close up a solarium ? which by the way isn't a way into the house.

It's not feral, if you know it's your neighbor's pet.

Tell me what I did wrong. Why do you believe that I harmed the cat or harmed the neighbor? If I brought your cat back three times would you take care of the problem? After all it is the owner's responsibility to care for their animals. People don't do that and that's why we must have an animal control unit in both the county and the city.

I read this whole stupid thread and now I have an even lower respect for the pilot community than I already did.

To the OP-

You're a mechanic and so I'm sure you're familiar with filters. You need something that lets the air flow freely and yet filters the cat out. Invent this thing and you'll make millions. It's genius I tell you!!!

You might start experimenting with this funny stuff-

s_s-weld-4_0470030awebready.jpg

I'm not sure why they make this incredible material, but it seems perfect for your new invention. Of course you could just go to war with the neighbors and skip the whole thing.

Dave, why should Tom have to fortify his possessions against uncontrolled pets in the neighborhood? Simply keep your animals at your house (like the law says you should), and nobody will have any problems with them. Can't/won't control your pet? Then you shouldn't have one . . .

On my way down town this morning I see that cat crossing the street a couple blocks away from the house.
Between the cars and the coyotes he will not be around long, too bad, because he's a nice cat as far as cats go.

On my way down town this morning I see that cat crossing the street a couple blocks away from the house.
Between the cars and the coyotes he will not be around long, too bad, because he's a nice cat as far as cats go.
Oh....that's horrible. Someone needs to fix that.... :eek:

Dave, why should Tom have to fortify his possessions against uncontrolled pets in the neighborhood? Simply keep your animals at your house (like the law says you should), and nobody will have any problems with them. Can't/won't control your pet? Then you shouldn't have one . . .

Like I said, you can either make a filter that has the side benefit of working on raccoons, possum, skunks, small dogs, squirrels, snakes, rats, mice, birds, etc, and creates harmony in the neighborhood, or go to war with the neighbor on principle. I can guess which way the pilot will likely take.

Like I said, you can either make a filter that has the side benefit of working on raccoons, possum, skunks, small dogs, squirrels, snakes, rats, mice, birds, etc, and creates harmony in the neighborhood, or go to war with the neighbor on principle. I can guess which way the pilot will likely take.
there ain't any "go to war" except in your mind.

None of the animals you mention are a bother, because none will sh-t in out grow trays except the cats.
We leave the solarium open with out screens because we need the bees.

Okay guys. Whether you jest or are serious what you post reflects on your personality. Yeah I'm sensitive on the cat subject cause my 9 yr old Maine Coon had been sick for 3 days earlier this week. X-ray didn't show any abnormalities, for which I am grateful but none the less, he is my roommate and has been for 7 1/2 yrs. My closest relative lives in FL. Didn't know what was bothering him and still don't. If it recurs, it's gonna get expensive cause I will foot the bill for my buddy. He will never become the OP's problem cause he is 100% house cat unless on a leash. Go ahead and rake me over the coals but I just felt a need to say this.

Okay guys. Whether you jest or are serious what you post reflects on your personality. Yeah I'm sensitive on the cat subject cause my 9 yr old Maine Coon had been sick for 3 days earlier this week. X-ray didn't show any abnormalities, for which I am grateful but none the less, he is my roommate and has been for 7 1/2 yrs. My closest relative lives in FL. Didn't know what was bothering him and still don't. If it recurs, it's gonna get expensive cause I will foot the bill for my buddy. He will never become the OP's problem cause he is 100% house cat unless on a leash. Go ahead and rake me over the coals but I just felt a need to say this.
I hope your buddy feels better soon, we know how it feels to loose a pet. (God forbid) They are a member of the family. I really feel sorry for the cat I catch, no one feels for him as you do for yours.

Back