Damn Cat

Tom-D

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
OK, I've caught the neighbor's cat crapping in our solarium grow trays for the 4th time. yes I've caught and returned the cat3 times before. there are leash laws in Oak Harbor that include cats.
I have the cat in a live trap now, my next action should be?

I like the motion activated water sprayer in one of those links best.

Cats on leashes. heehee

1. Take the cat to it's owner.
2. Ask which Realtor they used to buy their house.
3. Hire said Realtor
here it comes....
4. Include "Cat friendly neighborhood" in your MLS listing

OK, I've caught the neighbor's cat crapping in our solarium grow trays for the 4th time. yes I've caught and returned the cat3 times before. there are leash laws in Oak Harbor that include cats.
I have the cat in a live trap now, my next action should be?

You send the neighbour a ransom note.
Use bad printing - more terrifying than neat handwriting.
The last line should make it clear "the cat gets it" if they don't meet your demands by the deadline. :devil:

Get a dog.
Been wanting to do that, but ?///

I think in the morning I'll take the cat to the local shelter (it's a no kill) and turn the cat over.
They will know who to call, the cat has a colar then the neighbor will be required to bail the cat out, plus a fine. $$$$$ maybe they will get the idea.

I was considering posting a picture of a gun as a funny.

But knowing Tom-D's propensity for lashing out for no reason, I decided against it.

DON'T KILL THE CAT.
I would never kill the cat... he's just doing what's natural. the owner on the other hand. should control their animals.

No kill shelter and bail money is a great idea for the owner.

Or just quit luring the cat over with that can of tuna in a live trap ;)

Or light off a pack of Black Cats, close enough to scare it.

I am actually hoping for the couple stray cats I've seen to set up shop for a while to thin out the chipmunks around here. Saw a cat run thru the yard yesterday with one in its mouth. Trapped over 50 chipmunks last summer and I gave up.

No kill shelter and bail money is a great idea for the owner.

Or just quit luring the cat over with that can of tuna in a live trap ;)

Or light off a pack of Black Cats, close enough to scare it.

I am actually hoping for the couple stray cats I've seen to set up shop for a while to thin out the chipmunks around here. Saw a cat run thru the yard yesterday with one in its mouth. Trapped over 50 chipmunks last summer and I gave up.
We set the traps for the feral cats, this is a by product.
I as hoping the coyotes would return, they had the cats cleaned up. but they left when the food dried up. now we have feral cat problem again.

that's kinda been done, I've taken the cat back to them 3 times already with warnings.

In my Kidnapping 101 college course they taught us to never send back the whole cat. If they are playing games, stalling for time or you think they are trying to trace your phone location hang up quick and send them just one ear. ;)

G/ma's tomato jungle, It gets way too hot in the solarium during the day, so we must open it to vent. then the cats come in if we are away.

Attachments

• 20161002_140826.jpg
    20161002_140826.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
In my Kidnapping 101 college course they taught us to never send back the whole cat. If they are playing games, stalling for time or you think they are trying to trace your phone location hang up quick and send them just one ear. ;)
I had thought about shaving the cat before turning it loose.

Snip off the collar and drop the beast at animal control.

To deter it, get a couple of empty clear plastic bottles, full them half to 3/4 full, put caps on and lay them on their side on your flower beds

I happen to like cats, but don't necessarily like some of their natural behaviors. They can be very difficult to keep indoors once theyve had a taste of freedom. Cats are beneficial in keeping the rodent population in check. I'd let the cat go and figure out a way to deter the unwanted activity. How about providing it a real catbox, or get screens on the windows?

Last edited:
Cats rock! I love the hell out of them. Amazing creatures. You treat that animal with care and google up the myriad of ways/products to repel them humanely.

I would never kill the cat... he's just doing what's natural. the owner on the other hand. should control their animals.
I forget what the rule is... but cat owners aren't held to the same standard as dog owners since dogs can generally be controlled and cats generally give you the middle finger.

You could just put up a screen to prevent it from getting in.

Sounds like it just really wants to go for a ride in your plane - like out of state. :)

Last edited:
Uh oh, here comes the crying cat guy.....

Tom, you seem to be well versed in the FARs.

So what do the Feline Annihilation Regs say?

:D

go to the Chinese junk store(Walmart) and get a red Ryder BB gun, shoot cat in butt.
It won't kill it but will leave an impression with the lil feller.

I have been smacking all the ferel cats for over a year, they now mostly avoid our property. They will knock my neighbors garbage over every time but not ours.

You need to fortify this greenhouse a little, lots of other things can get in if a cat can, other things which will cause much more damage to the veggies.

I wouldn't do childish stuff, don't drop the cat off at a shelter, don't shoot it, etc, you don't need the potential blow back, which again could be much worse than a little kitty turd in some potting soil.

Go get a screen, or kiddy gate from wallyworld or Amazon, or like others said, get a dog.

Or get a cat of your own. A big ol' tomcat with claws, and feed your cat in the garden area. They don't like to poop where they eat.

Or get a cat of your own. A big ol' tomcat with claws, and feed your cat in the garden area. They don't like to poop where they eat.

That would work

Especially with a Maine coon, heck it'd also probably keep dogs away :)

Not much of a cat person, but Maine coons are pretty cool... for a cat.

maine-coon-cats-2__605.jpg

I forget what the rule is... but cat owners aren't held to the same standard as dog owners since dogs can generally be controlled and cats generally give you the middle finger.

Dogs always come back home. Cat gets tired of you, it just moves in with the neighbour...

Been wanting to do that, but ?///

I think in the morning I'll take the cat to the local shelter (it's a no kill) and turn the cat over.
They will know who to call, the cat has a colar then the neighbor will be required to bail the cat out, plus a fine. $$$$$ maybe they will get the idea.

if its like most shelters I've seen, it'll cost you $50 bucks to "Drop it off"

Back