Daily Pic

Yes, the Tin Goose for a late breakfast. :) I would say those trails are algae. It looked pretty greenish everywhere...

I was at least consistent. ;) And I thought that I had the name correct.

GA isn't dead yet.

f6c69600ebbc6074b7089bece08e0c0c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet bird Brian! Purchasing something that cool deserves it's own thread with more photos! :)

It will be a while before I have any photos of this aircraft that come close to what the previous owner did when he won the Oshkosh presidents award in 2011.

I figured it was a reasonablely well maintained airplane and I liked it. But i swear I hear a femal voice say "hey little boy, since I'm already naked, why don't we go have some fun?!" every time I open the hangar door.

Breakfast at Big Bear. First flight back there since I did my training in '06...came in from the northeast and used runway 26, where you have to descend over tall pines on approach. A super calm, beautiful day to practice high-elevation ops!

IMG_2159.jpg

I was at Griffiss Airport in Rome, NY (RME) when a gaggle of warbirds showed up, delayed by weather on their way to an airshow (in Maine, I believe). What an experience to be able to wander right up to these gorgeous machines!

View attachment 55806
Yep, air show is in Maine. Up here with the fiance to visit her family. Everyone around here pretty pumped for it. Had the Blue Angels buzz right over us today in Brunswick

I was at Griffiss Airport in Rome, NY (RME) when a gaggle of warbirds showed up, delayed by weather on their way to an airshow (in Maine, I believe). What an experience to be able to wander right up to these gorgeous machines!

View attachment 55806

By far the best display of a swastika I've seen in a long time (3 of the buggers dead).

Then again, I was one of the last to serve as n Berlin before the wall came down.

Something to counter all your fancy aircraft.
I went out to pre-flight one of the Cubs and It was like someone dumped a cloud on me. It was almost an instantaneous change from clear to socked in.
I spent 3 hours waiting for the fog to lift.
20170803_100655.jpg

Back