Daily Pic

eclipse at the hangar.

IMG_4250.jpeg
My wife and I flew right before and it was too bumpy for her. I wanted to get a glimpse of the packed highway and park which we did. There was a lot of people who didn’t make it to their preferred viewing spot. Traffic has been terrible today. We found refuge at the airport and and a great place to view it.

IMG_4242.jpeg
It doesn’t look dark in this picture but the hangar lights came on as did the airport beacon.

IMG_4260.jpeg

IMG_4256.jpeg

Last edited:
Here in Carolina we only got a partial eclispe. Here's the best I could do with an iPhone and some cheap viewing glasses. It actually looked much clearer in person:

1712641872182.png

do y'all seriously not know how to use a browser that blocks ads?

I originally mistyped that as 'ass', but why would you want to block that?

Visiting my plane today.

Attachments

• IMG_5515.jpeg
    IMG_5515.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 50
It was either this or work today. This won.

4f52ee1f47cbac89cdbe9cee13699da2.jpg

where'd you go? Ocean beach? Stinson?
I'm on 28th ave in teh sunset-feel free to hit be up for a beer at Java Beach if you go to Ocean beach...

@IK04 we’re fortunate to have so much open space in the Bay Area. I’ve run the ridge line from Pt Reyes NS to highway 17- in segments, of course- with the only gap being the the SF watershed closed to foot traffic.
You’re a mtn biker?

@IK04 we’re fortunate to have so much open space in the Bay Area. I’ve run the ridge line from Pt Reyes NS to highway 17- in segments, of course- with the only gap being the the SF watershed closed to foot traffic.
You’re a mtn biker?
Oh yeah, I practically lived in the coastal mountains and rode the whole length of Skyline, usually climbing Highway 9 from Saratoga and spent lots of time on the South side by Guadalupe Reservoir. On the other side of the bay, I rode up to the Lick observatory on Mount Hamilton. By the time I started flying out of RHV, I knew my way around most of the South Valley.

Wow, beautiful snowy mountains. I always forget that most of the country is still cold this time of year.

Back