Daily Pic

a85020696c22b281f12ae9102d576b34.jpg

Completed Pilots N Paws flight this morning. Brought this husky to meet his new family at KPWK

Getting ready to head back to KEYE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

421244402_400366182570629_1551255544597062439_n.jpeg

I thought I'd take a break from IR training and knock the rust off by practicing some maneuvers. Didn't know the guy sitting beside me would be snapping photos, now I can't hide from that 250 FPM descent. Rookie move. :fingerwag:

IMG_9426.GIF
The Fisher Celebrity is pretty much ready to go, just awaiting the spring thaw. It does appear my DIY smoke system needs a little more work, though.

Last edited:
A little different view for Arizona -- a cloudy morning for a local sightseeing flight west of Phoenix.

You might have seen the national TV ads recently for United Airlines' "Aviate" academy. It's based at my home field GYR (Goodyear AZ), having taken over the facilities and Cirrus SR20 trainer fleet from the former Lufthansa school here. Some of the older Cirri still wear their old Lufthansa paint jobs. Aviate uses the fleet callsign "Varney xxx", remembering Varney Air Lines (1926-1934), United's earliest predecessor company. Here, Varney 832 departs from runway 3 at GYR.

I flew last night and landed right before sunset. Went back this morning and took off before sunrise. OMG what difference from 12 hours earlier. The radio yesterday was painful to listen to since everyone was practicing at their airport. This morning none, zilch! I guess nobody gets up early on Sundays?
Smooth flying while I watched it get light out this morning.
IMG_4006.HEIC

IMG_4008.HEIC

I think? When the sun starts to rise it is melting off the frost causing mist early in the day. In a hour or so it will mostly be burned off and it'll be clear.
IMG_4011.HEIC

IMG_4514.jpegIMG_4513.jpeg

Finally got the 1st 1.7 of 2024 in the books. Just out goofing around Cape Cod with no place to go with that headwind.

Looks exciting! Getting closer.
90% of the work is prep that no one see's. The unsung hero's.
Damn that is a lot of work.
Take lot's of pictures!!!!
Congratulations on getting it done.

Last edited:
IMG_4076.HEIC

It was LIFR this morning and was breaking up around noon is when I got up. Broken clouds were from 2200-2500. So once I was clear of the bravo I climbed to 3500 and here I am. It is bumpy and gusty down low and as you know anytime you get close to clouds there is turbulence even with these small potatoes.
IMG_4078.HEIC

Mechanic is making so much money he even buys the SnapOn work lights, lol.
Probably not because he is making so much money.
More so since he needs quality tools that work when he needs them and the snap on dealer comes to his shop once a week and would provide service verses the mechanic running up to home depot and waiting at the service counter to return his broken light. I can call my tool dealers and they will come to my shop within a hour or so if I need something right away. I can keep working instead of running up to the hardware store.

Probably not because he is making so much money.
More so since he needs quality tools that work when he needs them and the snap on dealer comes to his shop once a week and would provide service verses the mechanic running up to home depot and waiting at the service counter to return his broken light. I can call my tool dealers and they will come to my shop within a hour or so if I need something right away. I can keep working instead of running up to the hardware store.
Lol he could probably buy 4 Rigid or Kobalt lights for that one SnapOn.

Back