Daily Pic

df224c3995a88c32cc8d8af5ebecae99.jpg

b722139d83b404fd85c26e121af1a5f7.jpg

Screaming around the sky this afternoon!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went back to Clearview for a replacement mug.
clearview.jpg

I went looking for Santa this morning but I must have missed him. I couldn't sleep so I got up early and looked at the weather. Looked like a window early this morning with 10K high ceilings before the heavy rain arrives. A small light rain storm was chasing me away from my airport this morning and had moved through by the time I came back an hour later.
IMG_3788.HEIC

That is rain to my south.
IMG_3790.HEIC

IMG_3791.HEIC

I was the only aircraft in the area, this Xmas morning.

Last edited:
Most epic flight I've piloted thus far. We had to transition NYC airspace today and got the "Skyline route", basically following the Hudson north to south at 2,000 ft. So many more photos were taken on what felt like 5 minutes of flying.

4c9b5f2d-9267-4d78-bf10-dacee1c83e43.JPG12ce3958-9302-421a-84d1-3e9d44c90ecb.JPG36c02004-039a-4f66-a79d-0118473340ec.JPG

Awesome pics! You probably already know this, but there's a procedure to fly roughly that corridor pretty much whenever you want VFR at about 1000'.

Awesome pics! You probably already know this, but there's a procedure to fly roughly that corridor pretty much whenever you want VFR at about 1000'.

Yup, I know the uncontrolled VFR corridor. Took the mandatory FAA online course and test last night just in case they wouldn't clear us into the class B. I didn't really want to go that low though, especially with all that traffic in that corridor at lower altitudes. In those few minutes we were over the Hudson, there were at least 10 other aircraft in both directions below us.

A busy year for me. 600 hours of flying and I’ve been out on leave from the end of August until now. Lots of ocean crossings and only had to endure ATL 3 times:). Last flight was August 19th FCO-JFK

Longest flight: JFK-ACC (5,111 miles) - 11:18
Shortest flight: BER-AMS (371 miles) - 2:11. This wasn’t scheduled. We had a maintenance issue.

View attachment 123305
It is really great to watch your career develop! Congratulations!

Abram Finkelstein
N685AS

Here are a few recent pictures that I took and a couple that people took of me landing.

IMG_0629.jpegIMG_0630.jpegIMG_0628.jpeg
Passing over the House of the Mouse while turning Final for the Visual Runway 7 at KORL.

IMG_0625.jpegIMG_0624.jpegJust found these last two online and thought they were cool!

Abram Finkelstein
N685AS

So I am driving out to the airport yesterday after work and the interstate is all backed up. I could see a building that had damage off the side of the road but could not see any thing else. I got through it with a small delay and decided to fly over it see what is going on?
The driver of this semi truck was having a bad day it appears. He bounced off the building with the red roof.
IMG_3903.JPG

So I got to see this sweet Howard land!

View attachment 124282

It was a small amount of comfort for having to hold short for 16 minutes (Yes I’m still sour about it).
Nice Howard. I had the same experience departing last week. Tower told the Seminole in front of me to give way to the Mooney (that's right!) and the student in the seminole ignored the instruction. And then we waited while I am sure many very detailed instructions were exchanged with both engines turning. And then we waited. So I piped up with Mooney 8CC, holding short, number 2, we'll be ready for our release when (ever) we make it to the runway. And waited. Finally tower nudged the Seminole and they got rolling, with them still requesting a delay on the runway, sheesh.

Nice Howard. I had the same experience departing last week. Tower told the Seminole in front of me to give way to the Mooney (that's right!) and the student in the seminole ignored the instruction. And then we waited while I am sure many very detailed instructions were exchanged with both engines turning. And then we waited. So I piped up with Mooney 8CC, holding short, number 2, we'll be ready for our release when (ever) we make it to the runway. And waited. Finally tower nudged the Seminole and they got rolling, with them still requesting a delay on the runway, sheesh.
The 310 that took off in front of us got at least 1 touch and go done in the first half of our waiting period. So at least 8 VFRs land including the Howard. Once we did get the take off clearance, tower asked us to expedite :rolleyes2:

5dc87174ae37771a25e50aaf38be9890.jpg

We have finally gotten this guy out of Houston! He's on his way to Monroe LA then Joneboro Arkansas to Sturgis KY
I'm flying down to pick him up in Sturgis.

I'll have him over night then fly him to his new family in Chicago tomorrow

5dc87174ae37771a25e50aaf38be9890.jpg

We have finally gotten this guy out of Houston! He's on his way to Monroe LA then Joneboro Arkansas to Sturgis KY
I'm flying down to pick him up in Sturgis.

I'll have him over night then fly him to his new family in Chicago tomorrow

He won’t miss the balmy Houston weather, that’s for sure.

Back