Daily Pic

eclipse at the hangar.

IMG_4250.jpeg
My wife and I flew right before and it was too bumpy for her. I wanted to get a glimpse of the packed highway and park which we did. There was a lot of people who didn’t make it to their preferred viewing spot. Traffic has been terrible today. We found refuge at the airport and and a great place to view it.

IMG_4242.jpeg
It doesn’t look dark in this picture but the hangar lights came on as did the airport beacon.

IMG_4260.jpeg

IMG_4256.jpeg

Last edited:
Here in Carolina we only got a partial eclispe. Here's the best I could do with an iPhone and some cheap viewing glasses. It actually looked much clearer in person:

1712641872182.png

do y'all seriously not know how to use a browser that blocks ads?

I originally mistyped that as 'ass', but why would you want to block that?

Visiting my plane today.

Attachments

• IMG_5515.jpeg
    IMG_5515.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 52
It was either this or work today. This won.

4f52ee1f47cbac89cdbe9cee13699da2.jpg

where'd you go? Ocean beach? Stinson?
I'm on 28th ave in teh sunset-feel free to hit be up for a beer at Java Beach if you go to Ocean beach...

@IK04 we’re fortunate to have so much open space in the Bay Area. I’ve run the ridge line from Pt Reyes NS to highway 17- in segments, of course- with the only gap being the the SF watershed closed to foot traffic.
You’re a mtn biker?

@IK04 we’re fortunate to have so much open space in the Bay Area. I’ve run the ridge line from Pt Reyes NS to highway 17- in segments, of course- with the only gap being the the SF watershed closed to foot traffic.
You’re a mtn biker?
Oh yeah, I practically lived in the coastal mountains and rode the whole length of Skyline, usually climbing Highway 9 from Saratoga and spent lots of time on the South side by Guadalupe Reservoir. On the other side of the bay, I rode up to the Lick observatory on Mount Hamilton. By the time I started flying out of RHV, I knew my way around most of the South Valley.

Wow, beautiful snowy mountains. I always forget that most of the country is still cold this time of year.

Another one of my favorite go to places is Pagliai's Pizza in Princeton Ky.

Beautiful short flight yesterday. Landed back at Hopkinsville just before the storms came through.

IMG_2065.JPGIMG_2067.JPG

Back