Cash for plane

Yes he and most of those people were alive on the 30s. He said interest doesn't amount to much these days Anyway. He had a large portfolio so his cash wasn't a big part of it. He carried lots of cash also as long as I knew him. Don't think I ever saw him use a credit card although, I'm sure he must have. Have seen him buy a new car with cash out of his pocket though. Big smile on dealers face!

Seems strange that nobody brings up the possibility of a scam and being shot for the money in your pocket. People have been shot for a lot less money than $49K

Yes he and most of those people were alive on the 30s. He said interest doesn't amount to much these days Anyway. He had a large portfolio so his cash wasn't a big part of it. He carried lots of cash also as long as I knew him. Don't think I ever saw him use a credit card although, I'm sure he must have. Have seen him buy a new car with cash out of his pocket though. Big smile on dealers face!
That is the only way we buy a car. "How will you be financing?" I won't. "Uhhhh, let me go get my boss." Okay.

Do you really believe it would be where they could see it. Jeeeze

Don't have to see it. The drug dog will sniff out the cocaine residue on the bills. Then they tear your car apart till they find it.

Of course.

You mean stolen.

And if you think civil fortitude/theft and for profit policing is about "criminals" I got a bridge to sell you.

Even as a law abiding guy, I'm more likely to be killed and robed by someone who works for the government than some "gangbanger" or "terrorist".

?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course.

You mean stolen.

And if you think civil fortitude/theft and for profit policing is about "criminals" I got a bridge to sell you.

Even as a law abiding guy, I'm more likely to be killed and robed by someone who works for the government than some "gangbanger" or "terrorist".
Agreed

Can we have a little common sense ? how would you get here with he cash in hand? if you didn't travel with it. would you expect the podunk bank to have that mush cash on deposit?

Several years ago I was in the ATM business. I would go through about 80-100K per week in 20 dollar bills. A holiday week or weekend would be easily 110 - 130K. I had to ALWAYS order money at least two days in advance. Not sure if that was because they simply didn't carry that much cash at the branch or if it was in all 20's but we definitely had to order it. And yup I've had hundreds of CTR's done on me - thats' the official form they use when you withdraw over 10K in cash.

But with Civil Forfeiture and the way the cash-grab cops are nowadays I would simply insist on a wire transfer. If the guy had to have cash it would be at my branch with the understanding that once the teller handed him the cash it was his cash and that was my plane. Any cash grabbing after that falls on his shoulders, not mine. Nowadays travelling with that much cash - even to say Vegas is crazy. The feds can't wait to snag it from you...

Who's going to eat the merchant fee?

That's a couple bucks on a 49k

As for cash, we would have a much better country if everyone worked only in cash/trade/barter, no paper trails, etc.

There is some truth to this statement, but there is also some truth in saying that loans are good as long as people use them to benefit them financially instead of trying to impress the neighbors.

Of course.

You mean stolen.

The Government is ripping us off everyday and we don't do anything about it, we are too busy wondering what the Kardashians are doing or defending the labels we got as children.....Geez!! I guess I got a Tin hat like James!!

I would pay in 20's, just to **** him off.
That's 2450 bills, still fits into a paper lunch sack. and if new wouldn't have any dope smell for the dogs to clue on.
but as Brian has said, this could be a scam, and you might get killed over it.

That's 2450 bills, still fits into a paper lunch sack. and if new wouldn't have any dope smell for the dogs to clue on.
but as Brian has said, this could be a scam, and you might get killed over it.

Oh no, don't need "dope" for the dogs to "alert", the police just give them hand signals, just a dog a pony show to crap all over the constitution and steal your money.

Check this out, aside from the numerous other criminal actions of these cops, go to 3 min in and you'll see the dog trick.

Frankly I have more respect for the normal thief, at least there is no illusion as to what they are.

Reminds me of a vehicle inspection I went through when I was a young Ensign driving on base. They had a dog sniffing through my car. Dog started to go ape****. And a few seconds later came up with a wadded up McDonald's wrapper. Inspection ended at that point.

Being one of those rich IA's you owners are always whining about, there may be that much in the safe in my basement.

Crap! I just looked and there's only 48.5.
Where'd the 50 cents come from?

Ron Wanttaja

Pay cash? Yes, but you won't get it at the auction. If you advertise a cash only auction for such a high dollar value, I'm not coming for safety concerns. That's a really big target for any unscrupulous person who is listening.

The real question is what would it take for anyone to actually get 50k in cash on hand. Your bank isn't going to have it themselves or want to give it to you.

My wife bought a 172 last year. She went to the bank and asked for 65000$. They told her they would have to order it and could have it the next week. She worked out a wire transfer with seller

Some people seriously have a screw loose. More likely to get killed by the police than a "gangbanger?" Something tells me those folks haven't spent too much time around actual gangbangers. I'm sure there is a protest nearby that will welcome you with open arms.

To stay on topic, I'd be very hesitant to pay cash for a plane. It would make me think the seller was up to something, but I've always been the cautious type.

I've done a lot of buying and selling of unique cars, tractors, other bigger ticket stuff over the years. Cash transactions are probably the most common way this is done, buyer hands the seller cash, seller hands the buyer keys and signed title. It's really the most secure way to do it. Although admittedly these transactions are usually only for a couple thousand... not airplane money.

Transporting it is an issue... I'd either opt to take Amtrak where I'm not going to be searched or drive. If driving it's going to be well enough hidden not to be found in a cursory search. I've never heard a police officer ask if I had a large amount of cash with me and I'm not going to point it out. Heck I could wrap it up in a t-shirt and throw it in a duffle bag with the rest of my clothes. Police aren't going to go through your bags unless you seem suspicious somehow. Pretty sad that someone has to hide a completely legal and legitimate transaction from the police for fear they'll take your money though :(

Any of those who are afraid of the dog sniffing your car, don't use the WA ferry system, you will get sniffed every time.

I worked for a bank in college. they easily had 1 mil cash at any given time. having under 100 wouldn't be an issue with having to order more cash.

Some people seriously have a screw loose. More likely to get killed by the police than a "gangbanger?" Something tells me those folks haven't spent too much time around actual gangbangers. I'm sure there is a protest nearby that will welcome you with open arms.

To stay on topic, I'd be very hesitant to pay cash for a plane. It would make me think the seller was up to something, but I've always been the cautious type.

Just my experience from living all over the place, as someone who minds their own and isn't breaking laws, sad but true, when it comes to people coming up to me in a aggressive manner with their hand on a lethal weapon, cops sadly win that survey hands down.

Even in the not so pretty areas of big cities the world around, I've not had a aggressive non police person approach me with much of weapon, much less a firearm.

Plus if a private thug tired to enter my vehicle and steal my stuff, I can defend myself with any means necessary, the initial sign that you're not going to be a victim will scare most off, this was the case on an attempted home invasion that I dealt with a few years back.

If a thug cop decides to enter my vehicle, for no reason, and steal my stuff (see video above I posted, tons more like it on YouTube), I ether have to spread my cheeks and take it, or I can defend myself, but in doing so it'll likley bankrupt me in defending my constitutional rights, and unlike a common criminal they are less likely to be scared off, and it's likley one of us might not go home, and again unlike the private sector thug, you're way more likley to end up having evidence ether show up or disappear when the police are in the wrong.

It's sad when people view a PRIVATE transaction as suspicious, just because the person wants cash, talk about being conditioned.

Just my experience from living all over the place, as someone who minds their own and isn't breaking laws, sad but true, when it comes to people coming up to me in a aggressive manner with their hand on a lethal weapon, cops sadly win that survey hands down.

Even in the not so pretty areas of big cities the world around, I've not had a aggressive non police person approach me with much of weapon, much less a firearm.

Plus if a private thug tired to enter my vehicle and steal my stuff, I can defend myself with any means necessary, the initial sign that you're not going to be a victim will scare most off, this was the case on an attempted home invasion that I dealt with a few years back.

If a thug cop decides to enter my vehicle, for no reason, and steal my stuff (see video above I posted, tons more like it on YouTube), I ether have to spread my cheeks and take it, or I can defend myself, but in doing so it'll likley bankrupt me in defending my constitutional rights, and unlike a common criminal they are less likely to be scared off, and it's likley one of us might not go home, and again unlike the private sector thug, you're way more likley to end up having evidence ether show up or disappear when the police are in the wrong.

It's sad when people view a PRIVATE transaction as suspicious, just because the person wants cash, talk about being conditioned.

Talk is cheap.

There is also another factor to consider. If one withdraws over 10k from their bank the bank is required to report the transaction to the government. This was enacted to catch criminal activity. If the money is found during a police stop and search it may be confiscated.

Perhaps the seller has had a bad experience with a cashiers check. I hear that there have been bogus cashiers checks before.

As one who is selling a plane I am getting tempted to refuse flights in the plane before receiving at least a deposit. There are a lot of tire kickers out there.

An that is why for both planes I have purchased and sold, I used an escrow service.

Seems strange that nobody brings up the possibility of a scam and being shot for the money in your pocket. People have been shot for a lot less money than $49K

Yes, people have been shot over a parking space.

Some people seriously have a screw loose. More likely to get killed by the police than a "gangbanger?" Something tells me those folks haven't spent too much time around actual gangbangers.

Why would I want to hang around gangbangers? Most of my time is spent around people doing positive things for themselves and the community. You become who you hang around!

True! If someone goes into my car and takes my stuff, I wouldn't fight them though. My insurance will pay for whatever they steal, you only have one life cars and "stuff" can be replaced. Most people that steal have no long term plan and they have to keep stealing to survive, they will get caught eventually.

True! If someone goes into my car and takes my stuff, I wouldn't fight them though. My insurance will pay for whatever they steal, you only have one life cars and "stuff" can be replaced. Most people that steal have no long term plan and they have to keep stealing to survive, they will get caught eventually.

That's putting a lot of faith in a scumb bag, how do you know all they want is your stuff? No idea what drugs or mental issues they are on.

Not saying shoot on sight, but I wouldn't be taking a back seat to a scumb bag / nut job trying to make a yet unknown to what extent victim out of me and mine.

Also by just letting that stuff happen, it's a lot like feeding seagulls.

cash for clunkers? :lol:

c7b9d3049a04020abf22bcfdebc8393ex.jpg

Most auto insurance specifically excludes personal items in the vehicle unless you're paying a really stupid amount of money (way higher than you'll statistically ever have stolen in personal property) for a rider.

Most auto insurance specifically excludes personal items in the vehicle unless you're paying a really stupid amount of money (way higher than you'll statistically ever have stolen in personal property) for a rider.

In my situation, I never leave personal items in my car. They break the window to look around that is an insurance claim, they steal the car, insurance claim. No way would I fight someone over my car, even if I saw someone stealing it. It's a thing and it can be replaced. Now, if it were my family, (Wife, kids, mom...etc) that was getting victimized by someone I would gladly give up my life for them without question.

Personally, I have bought my two planes with cashier checks. Much safer. If the buyer is leery of the cashiers check just do the transaction during business hours and let them call the issuing bank to verify the check prior to the handshake and departing ways.

I like to use cash as much as possible too, but not for really large purchases like that. The relatively small expense for going through a bank gives me some security in the deal.

About 10 years ago (fresh out of school), I bought some furniture for our new house using a "same as cash" deal for 24 months. The interest was like 25%... I never intended to have a balance when it was due. I didn't pay a cent for 23 months then wrote a check for the purchase price. A couple years later I went to buy another piece of furniture (same place) and wasn't approved for the "same as cash" deal despite excellent credit. I laughed and told the salesperson it was probably because they gave me an interest free loan for 23 months last time... He laughed and said, "yup, that's how the computers work".

In my situation, I never leave personal items in my car. They break the window to look around that is an insurance claim, they steal the car, insurance claim. No way would I fight someone over my car, even if I saw someone stealing it. It's a thing and it can be replaced. Now, if it were my family, (Wife, kids, mom...etc) that was getting victimized by someone I would gladly give up my life for them without question.

I don't either after three break ins. Was just pointing out the fallacy in the post I quoted. That stuff isn't covered without a rider.

So....someone has to steal the car with me in it for it to be covered? What kind of Auto Insurance do you have?

For personal possessions, probably. The car, no. Are you having reading comprehension difficulties? Personal possessions in most policies aren't covered. You'll have to read yours to see what yours covers but most are boilerplate and not much is covered.

All the cars I've seen stolen were eventually found, stripped of anything of value (usually high dollar auto parts) and left beside some country road somewhere. Sometimes torched.

Even helped put one out one night for someone, whoever's car it was. Saw the thieves light the thing on fire about a half mile off and three of us went over there to put the stupid thing out before it set the dry grass field next to the road on fire.

Most auto insurance doesn't cover collisions with wildlife anymore either. Worth a look at your policy to see. The industry slowly removed that one to pretend to keep rates low while lowering coverage. Not so good for us rural folks.

For personal possessions, probably. The car, no. Are you having reading comprehension difficulties?.

No, I explained a little further up that I don't leave anything of value in the car....go check it out.

Back