Butter in coffee

TheGolfPilot

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Golfpilot
Last night a bunch of friends were raving about how butter in their coffee is some sort of life changing experience. So this morning I pulled a long espresso shot over a lump of butter and I don't really know what to think. Anybody here do that?

I believe that coffee should be ordered in 4 words or fewer. (1) Coffee. (2) Large. (3) Black. I'll give you 4 so that you can get it candied up with cream and sugar even though it's wrong and you should use your 4th to say, "please." If you're in line behind someone who's picking up double-vanity-frappa-caramely-machhiochistic-extra-hot-with-ices for the office (one text at a time) you can use "dammit" as #4.

Nauga,
feeling benevolent

Last edited:
I guess butter is just salted cream that has been churned. It doesn't sound good to me, but like the posters above, I like coffee black with no additives.

It's probably just somebody that wants cream that's heavier than heavy cream? :idea:

Just a pinch between your cheek and gum.
"Dip coffee please."
"Drip?"
"No, DIP."

If the hipsters get wind of this we'll never hear the end of it.

Nauga,
who thinks this would be a perfect time for @overdrive148's vibrating avatar.

"Dip coffee please."
"Drip?"
"No, DIP."

If the hipsters get wind of this we'll never hear the end of it.

Nauga,
who thinks this would be a perfect time for @overdrive148's vibrating avatar.
You know, dipping instant coffee has kept me awake more than once...

When Joe Walsh penned that line almost 40 years ago, I thought he was referring to a different 'ine.

I remember the line from TV commercials for Skoal. I think Joe Walsh copied that line from the commercial, tongue-in-cheek as his lyrics usually were.

Probably so.

I think Skoal used "gum and cheek" in the late 60's, but by the time Walt Garrison did his commercial in the mid 70's it changed to "cheek and gum."

What about Irish cream?
1310428232779.png

( :D )

Nauga,
who only puts coffee in his coffee

I guess butter is just salted cream that has been churned. It doesn't sound good to me, but like the posters above, I like coffee black with no additives.

Not all butter is salted.

Butter goes on biscuits, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob and used in the skillet to make scrambled eggs. It makes food better. Nothing can make coffee better.

Yea it's not a cake or a milkshake.
Butter goes in cakes. Starbucks sells coffee flavored milkshakes. Once you put butter in it it's now a coffee cake

Wondering if you mean that as "Coffee is perfect the way it is and adding anything will detract from that perfection" or "Coffee is so revolting that it's beyond help."

LOL. I was wondering the same thing though I vote for the latter.

Butter in tea has good effects if u have cold, it's a form of Tibetan tea, and it had to be leaf tea and real butter

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I prefer my coffee unadulterated, but I did try the butter thing early on as part of a low-carb diet. It wasn't horrid, but I still prefer my coffee straight.

Unless its cappuccino, of course, in which case I let my creativity run free.

Rich

Yes, but unsalted (sweet) butter. I use Kerry Gold grass fed, did I say UNsalted? Plain old regular salted butter, yuck!

Wondering if you mean that as "Coffee is perfect the way it is and adding anything will detract from that perfection" or "Coffee is so revolting that it's beyond help."
For me it's both. I have an on-again-off-again love-hate relationship with coffee.

I don't really like the taste of coffee, other than in the sugar-buttered coffee flavored candies. But butter in my coffee? Sounds like a prison answer to smuggling anal lube. I'll pass.

I prefer my coffee unadulterated [...] Unless its cappuccino, of course, in which case I let my creativity run free.
If I may, a summary: "I drink my coffee black...unless I put stuff in it." :D

Really, :D:D:D

Nauga,
master of the obvious

Sorry, I'm a tea drinker, so I can't help.
No, I don't put butter in my tea.
Only on my scones.

I'm drinking tea right now. Maybe I'll try some butter. I'll get back to you on how it is.

Other than the fact that there are little bubbles of oil floating on top of the tea, I can't tell much difference. But maybe I didn't use enough.

Other than the fact that there are little bubbles of oil floating on top of the tea, I can't tell much difference. But maybe I didn't use enough.
Maybe you're supposed to go to prison next?

Nauga,
naive to the ways of the butter drinker

Back