Bahamas Fly-Out Roll Call

Which island do you prefer? Which Dates?

• Andros

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Abacos

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Exumas

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • North Eleuthera

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Cat Island

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • 3/11-3/18, or any dates between

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other destinations/dates… comment in thread

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I have to drop as well. Some interesting developments at work means I cannot take the time off.

It's not no, but no passport or plane, yet. In theory, both will be ready in time.

plane STILL in annual....waiting on the prop. kinda need that, ya know....

When did you order the passport?
Jan 23rd with an expedite, which is listed as 3-5 weeks. I renewed Global Entry on the same day, and GE confirmed, reviewed, issued, mailed and arrived before the passport office acknowledged receipt of the digital application. Who knew there was at least one efficient branch in the federal government?

Jan 23rd with an expedite, which is listed as 3-5 weeks. I renewed Global Entry on the same day, and GE confirmed, reviewed, issued, mailed and arrived before the passport office acknowledged receipt of the digital application. Who knew there was at least one efficient branch in the federal government?
Ha... he said efficient and government in the same sentence .. :D

I once had a critical audit in Brazil where I was notified at a time I had less than 6 months left on my passport. Boss told me to spare no expense but be in Brazil by a certain date. So I spent $650 to hire an expediter. Apparently that level of service gets you your own bag man who flies to DC, reapplies on tour behalf and flies back. Apparently when applying in person, you can get your passport back in a few days. I had mine back in my hand the following week. This company was doing 2-3 trips from Chicago to DC a week with 3-10 passports each trip!

I once had a critical audit in Brazil where I was notified at a time I had less than 6 months left on my passport. Boss told me to spare no expense but be in Brazil by a certain date. So I spent $650 to hire an expediter. Apparently that level of service gets you your own bag man who flies to DC, reapplies on tour behalf and flies back. Apparently when applying in person, you can get your passport back in a few days. I had mine back in my hand the following week. This company was doing 2-3 trips from Chicago to DC a week with 3-10 passports each trip!
I just re-upped our passports late last year. I did mine online and had it in about a week and a half. Teresa's still had her maiden name on it (we haven't been out of the country since our honeymoon), so she had to mail a notarized paper application. Hers arrived the day after mine. I was absolutely floored.

@kaiser
@eman1200
@Dave Theisen
@simtech
@Bjb3013
@RDUPilot
@Dave Anderson
@ChucktheTruck
@Flocker
@TheFB
@flyingcheesehead
@Lance F
@MarkH
@sourdough44
@masloki
@frfly172
@jwyatt
@21541803
@MIFlyer
@Arian

I think I got everyone...

Just trying to get a headcount for all that are going. So far, I have @kaiser, @simtech, @N4984R, @RDUPilot, @21541803, and myself 100% going, with accommodations booked. Who else?
I'm sorry, I'm out. Had to delay plane purchase due to construction at home.

With my plane stuck in Louisiana I don't think there's any way we can make this one. I just hope I get this plane recovered in time for Rough River.

unfortunately I'm officially out due to work sucking a big one

unfortunately I'm officially out due to work sucking a big one
Me flying to the Bahamas now...
39uvt2.jpg

Update: the shop has had my plane since 2/6 and hasn't even begun annual yet though they expect it to begin tomorrow. I'm an unhappy camper about that since I'd been on the schedule for 3 months.
Assuming they do actually start tomorrow -- great -- I'm probably still a go. But I'll have to figure it out as we go and I get reports on the annual progress (or lack thereof).

Ordering a prop tomorrow. Which will arrive first - prop or hoses?

We found the radio station license for the plane and it's valid until 2029! Now I just need a notary for the LOA and I'm good to go!

I rented a van through exumaautorental.com earlier today for the people in our house. Seems like they have the best rates

Back