Bahamas Fly-Out Roll Call

Which island do you prefer? Which Dates?

• Andros

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Abacos

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Exumas

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • North Eleuthera

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Cat Island

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • 3/11-3/18, or any dates between

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other destinations/dates… comment in thread

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Passport shipped and annual done today. Put me down for next year.

Same for us... back home
and eventful day coming out of MYEF this morning..
Got some good IMC

13.2 hours here..
Enjoyed our time, like Simtech said "new life long friends".. definitely doing it again.

Enroute from MYEF to Ft. Pierce
20230319_092253-3024x2268.jpg 20230319_092543-3024x2268.jpg 20230319_101335-3024x2268.jpg 20230319_104216-3024x2268.jpg

Ft. Pierce to N. Myrtle at 9,000 ft.
20230319_122548-3024x2268.jpg
20230319_123952-3024x2268.jpg 20230319_140709-2268x3024.jpg

Dang, glad you all had fun! Im definitely interested in next year. The plane wasnt even done with annual this year, so I wouldnt have made it anyway... We might do Punta Cana for a few nights in june just to get out of PR.

Dang, glad you all had fun! Im definitely interested in next year. The plane wasnt even done with annual this year, so I wouldnt have made it anyway... We might do Punta Cana for a few nights in june just to get out of PR.
Make sure to do your annual early next year!

I feel like a giant wuss, living in Tampa for 20 years and never had the guts to make this trip.

Does going in a group reduce the weird noises your engine makes over water?

I’m interested but have more scheduling challenges than last year. So I’d like to keep my ear to the ground. Last year was a blast.

I feel like a giant wuss, living in Tampa for 20 years and never had the guts to make this trip.

Honestly, I was more nervous on the return than on the way down. If you’re concerned, just follow the ships below you - that’s where you’d glide to.

Following
Anyone know about bringing dogs ?

Nope it doesn’t. Haha
Funny thing was my wife and I flew from north MS to lake okeechobee and all was good. As soon as we left and got over open water I hear a loud boom in the plane. I freaked for a second and scanned all gauges and all was fine. My wife said the popcorn bag came from together. I mean it had to wait till that moment. The prior 3 hours it couldn’t have went?.

Correct. I have processed them myself both in person in the Bahamas and from the states.

From the states it is around $70 by the time you send the paperwork FedEx. It also takes about a month or so if they don't misplace the paperwork.

In person from the Bahamas it took me 6 days from the time I hand delivered the permit request until they had it back in their office.

Correct. I have processed them myself both in person in the Bahamas and from the states.

From the states it is around $70 by the time you send the paperwork FedEx. It also takes about a month or so if they don't misplace the paperwork.

In person from the Bahamas it took me 6 days from the time I hand delivered the permit request until they had it back in their office.
I'll bet you've been waiting years for someone to ask that question.

My wife has been bugging me to take her on this trip for years. One of these days I’ve got to give it a go.

My wife has been bugging me to take her on this trip for years. One of these days I’ve got to give it a go.
A trip I want to do this year for sure!

A trip for Florida-based pilots would be easier to organize. An easy day trip for most of us, though more of a haul from the panhandle. Instead of a $100 hamburger, it's a $200 fried conch platter.

A trip for Florida-based pilots would be easier to organize. An easy day trip for most of us, though more of a haul from the panhandle. Instead of a $100 hamburger, it's a $200 fried conch platter.
We’ve flown down to Marathon and Key West for lunch. I think I’d want to make a Bahamas trip at least a weekend.

If timing would work out, I’d be down with flying from IND. My parents are down at PGD and the flight down is always fun

I would be interested in going on a future trip you all might have planned coming up to the Bahamas. I fly out of KGIF, maybe 1.5hr to grand Bahama passing over west palm.

Back