Bahamas Fly-Out Roll Call

Which island do you prefer? Which Dates?

• Andros

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Abacos

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Exumas

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • North Eleuthera

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Cat Island

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • 3/11-3/18, or any dates between

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other destinations/dates… comment in thread

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Similar for me..
KRDU-KOBE(fuel up mains and tips)
KOBE-PBI-BR54V-ZQA-MYEF
thought about clearing in bahamas at freeport.. but we will see..
Filing IFR
I’m thinking about the same re: Freeport. Would give flexibility in case I needed to land short for weather to clear

Let me know if anyone needs help getting the restricted radio operators permit. The FCC website is awful

Let me know if anyone needs help getting the restricted radio operators permit. The FCC website is awful
Actually that would be really helpful. I was going to call them because I can't seem to create an account, the registration link is dead. Any suggestions on alternative ways to get around that would be awesome!

Have you done the station license yet? My club is looking into where it’s filed… might need to renew that one.

one other thing, although I don't really recall anyone ever saying they've needed this, is a Letter of Authorization if the aircraft is not registered in the pilot's name. easy enough to whip up that it'd be silly not to just do it. @k9medic ?

one other thing, although I don't really recall anyone ever saying they've needed this, is a Letter of Authorization if the aircraft is not registered in the pilot's name. easy enough to whip up that it'd be silly not to just do it. @k9medic ?

Yes, you definitely want one, although you probably won’t be asked.

Yeah this one applies to me as I’m taking a club plane.

Can’t remember if it’s been mentioned, but you need a permanent registration card. If it’s a newly purchased airplane still on a temporary, you need to get additional paperwork from the FAA.

I have never, ever (and I repeat ever) been asked for one, and there is also no hard fast rule that I am aware of. As a matter of fact, the only place I have ever seen a "requirement" is in the AOPA guide to the flying in the Bahamas. The C7A form does not have a place for it and that is the only form you fill out (in triplicate) to get into the Bahamas.

Just got back Monday afternoon. Weather was great!

@eman1200 and I responded at the same time, but he’s right. I don’t think it has to be that complicated, just something from the owner that says you had permission to take the airplane out of the country

Way overthinking it. I'll say it again, there is no requirement for any document or letter of authorization but if you are compelled to make one up have some fun with it.

I am thinking something like - Roses are red. Violets are blue. Here is my airplane, from me to you.

Way overthinking it. I'll say it again, there is no requirement for any document or letter of authorization but if you are compelled to make one up have some fun with it.

I am thinking something like - Roses are red. Violets are blue. Here is my airplane, from me to you.
Not disagreeing with you, but i am of the mindset of i rather have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

You will never here me complain about that mindset.

In the Bahamas, we never throw anything out - just in case you need it later. Two is one, one is none. I haver two generators "just in case."

I’m still trying to sort things out at work. I have a trip in the works that I will probably have to either have to do a drop off at the beginning of that week or the pickup at the end of the week. Can you add a “days attending” column so I can try to work it when most people will be there.
done

I’m thinking about the same re: Freeport. Would give flexibility in case I needed to land short for weather to clear

Where would you land short? There is nothing along that general route that I am aware of. I would purposely avoid Freeport myself. If anything, dip a little further south and land in Bimini. KOBE direct MYEF is a good plan and gives you the divert option to Bimini.

May I ask why you would avoid Freeport? That was going to be my POE.

MYEF is an airport of entry. No reason to stop on your way over unless there is something that I am not aware of in your flight plan.

Freeport can be costly when trying to clear through there, plus it adds time to your trip.

Just fly direct and clear when you get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always bring some type of a treat for the folks at MYAT. They work out of an RV at the airport and it’s always appreciated.

Most of the time it’s frozen thin mint Girl Scout cookies.

I haven’t booked a car yet

I’m $ure they can…
@kaiser this you in the middle.. you good for it..
p-diddy-money.gif

Last edited:
$9.52 per gallon for 100LL... well at least its coming down from the $10 it was last mnth.. progress

Yeah, I had great intentions, kinda a buggered up schedule now, me and my craft. I’m up for an annual this month, plus my nose strut needs a rebuild, flat now. I’m sure it will be a most excellent trip.

Back