Bahamas Fly-Out Roll Call

Which island do you prefer? Which Dates?

• Andros

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Abacos

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Exumas

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • North Eleuthera

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Cat Island

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • 3/11-3/18, or any dates between

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other destinations/dates… comment in thread

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I put myself and my wife down on the spreadsheet. I would really enjoy getting to know more pilots! I love flying here in Puerto Rico, and there are great people here, but I dont speak fluent spanish and all the social events are in spanish. so I lose out on some of the camaraderie.

I put myself and my wife down on the spreadsheet. I would really enjoy getting to know more pilots! I love flying here in Puerto Rico, and there are great people here, but I dont speak fluent spanish and all the social events are in spanish. so I lose out on some of the camaraderie.
That's awesome! I have a buddy down there that flies out of TJIG

I won't be able to knock off work for a week in back to back months, and the trip in May (which could possibly be to the Bahamas) is sort of a bigger deal.

Sue and I have made many Bahama runs, and think it’s a great potential POA flyin idea. I’ll let those of you with more restrictive schedules pick dates and location(s). Odds are good we could make it. That of course assumes no objection to the seismic shift in average age this would cause.

Sue and I have made many Bahama runs, and think it’s a great potential POA flyin idea. I’ll let those of you with more restrictive schedules pick dates and location(s). Odds are good we could make it. That of course assumes no objection to the seismic shift in average age this would cause.

Lance, what about suggested locations?

I would like to (even flying all the way out from Las Vegas), but a lot of things would have to line up for it to happen.

Right now I am having trouble planning anything more than 4 weeks away.

Exumas or Abacos?

I’d have some interest. I’ve always liked talking to the Bahamas table at Oshkosh.

question, would anyone prefer a wed/thur - sunday instead of a mon - fri?

just throwing that day combo out there..
For those of us from further, we probably need a day minimum on each side of the trip. Is customs open on weekends? Maybe even a Friday-Tuesday

For those of us from further, we probably need a day minimum on each side of the trip. Is customs open on weekends? Maybe even a Friday-Tuesday
The ones of interest "Customs/AOE's" are all open 7 days a week, hours of operation varies for which airport you use for customs..

The ones of interest "Customs/AOE's" are all open 7 days a week, hours of operation varies for which airport you use for customs..

Also, some customs locations are cash only for the fees. Make sure you have small bills to pay exact amount, because they will tell you they “don’t have any change in US currency”.

question, would anyone prefer a wed/thur - sunday instead of a mon - fri?

just throwing that day combo out there..
I’m open to anything, but it would probably limit our rental options. A lot of them are 7 night minimum. Some are 5 night, just have to find 5 nights that work with everyone

Exumas or Abacos?
My main experience is at Andros, Eleuthera and Nassau. No chance I’d go to Nassau on my own dime. Other than that I’d prefer not to influence the dates or island. If this comes off, I and others who’ve done this can coach the novices. Virtually all forms can be filled out in advance, the exact amount of cash you’ll need for arrival and departure will be known and squirreled away, the joys of EApis can be conquered, etc. With a little planning and forethought this is not a difficult trip from a flying standpoint . Now working out dates and lodging ain’t going to be like Gaston’s or Rough River.
C44C341D-B9AD-4292-9CEE-C9A6DA152EB7.jpeg 12B0E06C-C8CA-482B-8B9B-A1A8E4D86535.jpeg

Also, some customs locations are cash only for the fees. Make sure you have small bills to pay exact amount, because they will tell you they “don’t have any change in US currency”.

With this crew, may need some extra cash for the officials in order to leave, if you know what I mean!

If this is not an appropriate post, moderator’s please delete…

My wife and I flew our RV-10 to the Bahamas in June. We had a blast. The planning was fun, although challenging (to be sure we got everything just right). The good news for us was the Covid testing and health visa requirements were eliminated the week before we left!

We went to the Out Islands of Eleuthera, Exuma and Long Island. Weather was a slight issue after we arrived, but we had no problem changing our plans as needed, although we had to skip Cat Island…keep that in mind…

Anyway, the point of this post is we have two ‘approved’ manually activated life vests for sale. Worn a grand total of 6.1 hours each. In perfect condition. Would love to see them go to a POA member for your Bahamas trip!

Revere ComfortMax (and they are indeed very comfortable) Navy blue. Purchased from AC Spruce (in May) for $109.95 plus tax and shipping (it appears right now they are out of stock)

Price $85.00 each plus shipping. Prefer to sell both together. Email tomrv4@me.com. Pics available.

Thanks,
Tom

Also, if @German guy and @Skywalker ever grace us with their presence again, they’d probably have some good input, although it’d be in german so it might not make any sense to us.

Haha, I'm not sure the 'not making sense to us' thing has much to do with my native language, since even other German speakers usually have no idea of what I'm talking about. :oops::D

We LOVE Long Island and will be there over the Christmas Holidays. This being said, we love it because there is absolutely nothing going on. Beaches, a few road side restaurants and bars as well as some friends, that we made over the last years. That's it and also kind of the point. This however also means that it's probably not the best destination for a POA fly-in.

Exumas or Eleuthera are IMHO the best destinations for a trip like this, since both offer some basic tourism infrastructure, while still maintaining the simple Bahamas feel.

This being said, @Skywalker and I already have too many plans for the upcoming winter. :(

We LOVE Long Island and will be there over the Christmas Holidays. This being said, we love it because there is absolutely nothing going on. Beaches, a few road side restaurants and bars as well as some friends, that we made over the last years. That's it and also kind of the point. This however also means that it's probably not the best destination for a POA fly-in.
Considering I’ve only attended Rough River and Gaston’s fly-ins (soon to attend 6Y9), this might perfectly describe existing flyins.

Interested. Even a push to February as Kaiser noted, it's cold up here. And on the other hand, mid-March you are in the thick of spring break travel where everything happens to cost a bit, or a lot, more.

I’ve done a trip to cat island in a twin,havnt tried it in a single,could be interested.

Potentially interested depending on where the dates settle vis-a-vis work responsibilities. My wife & I have talked about a Bahamas trip for half a decade, and learning the ropes as part of a group seems ideal.

I just thought of something.........if ktup comes out with his own clothing line, would it be considered tuperwear?

I just thought of something.........if ktup comes out with his own clothing line, would it be considered tuperwear?
Yes, but you'd have to say it "tooperwear" like Tupelo.

Hi folks. I just renewed my AVEMCO insurance for next year. Then I got a letter saying the coverage area had changed and the Bahanas were no longer covered. Before you go you should verify you are still covered. Hope this helps.

Hi folks. I just renewed my AVEMCO insurance for next year. Then I got a letter saying the coverage area had changed and the Bahanas were no longer covered. Before you go you should verify you are still covered. Hope this helps.
I’m covered in the US, Mexico, Canada, and the Bahamas. Global Aerospace

Back