Bahamas Fly-Out Roll Call

Which island do you prefer? Which Dates?

• Andros

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Abacos

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Exumas

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • North Eleuthera

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Cat Island

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • 3/11-3/18, or any dates between

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other destinations/dates… comment in thread

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Should we seek out an area where there could be a resort or groups of smaller available units so that the financial risk is less? Instead of 1 place for 16 of us - 8 places with 2 each?
Maybe. It’d definitely cost more, but yea, less risk

so unfortunately, we just bid on vacation time at work and I was unable to get this week off, so I will have to bow out of consideration. Good luck with the planning and execution of the trip! it sounds like it will be a great time

Any flex on that week? I’ve got a conference to attend.

Just found this thread. Definitely Interested!

Just found this thread. Definitely Interested!
You're welcome to join in. At this point, I'm thinking multiple houses of 2-4 couples may be better, so we aren't all tied together financially. We'll work out details as we get closer

I officially have an eAPIS account!!!
giphy.gif

I just saw this thread and realized I was tagged in it way back in the beginning.

I am happy to share information on flying over. There are two pretty good FB groups that are a wealth of info. I am an admin on Flying the Bahamas group. There is also Bahamas Pilots Association group. Both are great.

The Marsh timeframe can be hit or miss with weather moving off of Florida but overall it is a great time to be in the Bahamas.

Now that the hurricane passed, I'm headed back to my place on GTC the 19th for 10 days or so.

Feel free to ask any questions.

I’m in Eleuthera at the moment. The AirBnb I mentioned above is literally across from MYEM. The owner also rents cars which makes it easy. This place has 3 units and can sleep 6 couples but they own more.

Next time I’m packing a cooler of frozen steaks as you can bring frozen/canned meat and veggies. Cars are about $600 week and they are past their prime. This is a nice location as we are 7 miles from Governors Harbor

For me I just have to decide if I’m ready to do LSA across that much water but it sure is a bucket list trip.

I’m in Eleuthera at the moment. The AirBnb I mentioned above is literally across from MYEM. The owner also rents cars which makes it easy. This place has 3 units and can sleep 6 couples but they own more.

Next time I’m packing a cooler of frozen steaks as you can bring frozen/canned meat and veggies. Cars are about $600 week and they are past their prime. This is a nice location as we are 7 miles from Governors Harbor

For me I just have to decide if I’m ready to do LSA across that much water but it sure is a bucket list trip.
Dave how do like Eleuthra? How is the customs there? What is the fuel price?

5B1757DF-B8E6-440A-BA47-507143D50042.jpeg 428051A3-9A91-4770-841F-31FE7CB4DAB7.jpeg
Dave how do like Eleuthra? How is the customs there? What is the fuel price?
Customs was a breeze, didn’t fly here GA but will check on fuel prices as field is walking distance.

Eleuthera itself is very low key compared to other islands. It’s not touristy which is what we prefer. This is the beach we have been going to that is 1mile off 33 at MYEM. We have had it to ourselves so far. Some good restaurants and people are super friendly!

Last edited:
Dumb question… I have a GTX330ES… with the ADB-B requirements I take it the Extended Squitter meets the requirements for flying into the Bahamas? I had trouble finding the terminology verbatim.

Dumb question… I have a GTX330ES… with the ADB-B requirements I take it the Extended Squitter meets the requirements for flying into the Bahamas? I had trouble finding the terminology verbatim.
No adsb reqs in the Bahamas

In! My caveats are that I still need to procure an aero plane

Me and @N4984R are talking about moving it to mid-late May. Is that better or worse for you?
Same with a negative trend
- sailing (racing) season will be firing up
- Bahamas in May? Wouldn’t it be too warm?

Me and @N4984R are talking about moving it to mid-late May. Is that better or worse for you?
Weather any better mid May or other reasons for the change from mid March?
We are still planning to go 11 -18th. Some Island hopping in mind.
Great 2023 for all!

- Bahamas in May? Wouldn’t it be too warm?

Average temp is 73-86. Getting warm, but oceans moderate temperature swings. Even in August, the average high is only 90. That isn't to say it can't get hotter, but it would be above average.

How about February? This weather is killing me and I don't know how much more I can take it.

I’m back open again for 3/11-18. Exumas or wherever else is fine with me
Sounds good! I probably have to leave mid week for a commitment I’ve been roped into that Fri, Sat, Sun. Exumas look nice and affordable that week too.

I’ve booked my faithful club P28R. I need to buy a customs sticker and figure out the PFD situation.

uh, what happened to the twin you were going to pick me up in??

Back