Bahamas Fly-Out Roll Call

Which island do you prefer? Which Dates?

• Andros

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Abacos

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Exumas

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • North Eleuthera

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Cat Island

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • 3/11-3/18, or any dates between

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other destinations/dates… comment in thread

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
While i dont mind the shenanigans this thread produces... but bringing it back on topic... :rolleyes:

We need the following..
  • Where ??
  • When ??
Those are the two most important.

While i dont mind the shenanigans this thread produces... but bringing it back on topic... :rolleyes:

We need the following..
  • Where ??
  • When ??
Those are the two most important.
It’s looking like North Eleuthera 3/11-3/18

Last edited:
Erm... my ad blocker is eating up that link. If you have a property ID, I will take a peek.

Erm... my ad blocker is eating up that link. If you have a property ID, I will take a peek.
Just Google “oceanfront villa with commanding views of Elizabeth harbour”. I’m on my phone, so I can’t pull up the ID

wow that's fancy. also, is there any part of the bahamas we don't have to fly over water? because, you know, flying over water and all.....

Just Google “oceanfront villa with commanding views of Elizabeth harbour”. I’m on my phone, so I can’t pull up the ID
Cool, no playboy models lounging around everywhere. I can keep my marriage intact. Let's do this!

ahhh… 5 bedrooms, sleeps 12. Is eman sleeping in a tent on the lawn?
We can find somewhere bigger, but idk how many are seriously committed yet. I know @RDUPilot is staying in his own accommodations, since he’s only staying part of the week

We can find somewhere bigger, but idk how many are seriously committed yet. I know @RDUPilot is staying in his own accommodations, since he’s only staying part of the week

I'm sure you've already thought of this but you know how these things go......someone says they're in then drops out last minute aka theisen style. also, things happen, u know. a place as nice as this.....if just one or two people drop it becomes pretty expensive for the rest of the peeps. guess there's no avoiding that, just a thought. and actually, sleeping in a tent overlooking that water aint a horrible idea. other than the whole sleeping in a tent thing.

I'm sure you've already thought of this but you know how these things go......someone says they're in then drops out last minute aka theisen style. also, things happen, u know. a place as nice as this.....if just one or two people drop it becomes pretty expensive for the rest of the peeps. guess there's no avoiding that, just a thought. and actually, sleeping in a tent overlooking that water aint a horrible idea. other than the whole sleeping in a tent thing.
Get travel insurance?

Get travel insurance?

you're (we're) paying $x for the house. they don't give a shyte if you have one person or 12, they's getting their money. I'm saying if we think we have X people but end up with X-4, at that price it's a big difference per person.

you're (we're) paying $x for the house. they don't give a shyte if you have one person or 12, they's getting their money. I'm saying if we think we have X people but end up with X-4, at that price it's a big difference per person.
That’s why we haven’t booked anything, yet. When should the commitment deadline be? It’s only $3827.38 at the time of booking. The rest is due March 4.

Hey @eman1200 , I’ll back out on a lunch when there is no skin in the game, but if I’ve committed money, you’ll get it if I go or not. That said, haven’t, and can’t, commit to this one this far out. If we go, we’ll see if there’s still room for us or we will get our own accommodations nearby.

Hey @eman1200 , I’ll back out on a lunch when there is no skin in the game, but if I’ve committed money, you’ll get it if I go or not. That said, haven’t, and can’t, commit to this one this far out. If we go, we’ll see if there’s still room for us or we will get our own accommodations nearby.

I have no excuse for bustin your chops (see what I did there?)

Just running the numbers…it is $12660.50, 2532 per room for the week, 361 per night. Pretty nice price for a little paradise. Need to do some figuring out to make it work with Chicago weather.

Wonder if we can work out a day rate so if someone knows they can only do 3 or 4 days, u know?

Ok, so how does this work for everyone 3/11-3/18? It’s 7 miles from the Great Exuma Intl airport. We can rent a 15 pax van for $1320 for the week to get around the island. https://t.vrbo.io/nTTN5M0nptb
@kaiser
@eman1200
@creston
@Wrench978
@Lance F
@N4984R
@RDUPilot
@simtech
@sourdough44
@Dave Anderson
@Dave Theisen
@masloki
@frfly172
@jwyatt
I’m interested. As I’m a renter, my ability to very solidly confirm will be hampered for some time. Are we going to go island hopping as well?

That’s why we haven’t booked anything, yet. When should the commitment deadline be? It’s only $3827.38 at the time of booking. The rest is due March 4.
Have we explored grabbing multiple smaller accommodations? It might hedge the risk of no-shows some.

Just running the numbers…it is $12660.50, 2532 per room for the week, 361 per night. Pretty nice price for a little paradise. Need to do some figuring out to make it work with Chicago weather.
The only way to make it work is by adjusting time - plan 2 days either side of being down there.

One thing... For those of us diagonally across the US from this. Is anyone open to picking up passengers that fly 121 to somewhere convenient? If it's no families, I can see catching a flight to somewhere in Florida and grabbing a seat with someone.

Ok, so how does this work for everyone 3/11-3/18? It’s 7 miles from the Great Exuma Intl airport. We can rent a 15 pax van for $1320 for the week to get around the island. https://t.vrbo.io/nTTN5M0nptb
The place looks great! Sadly it appears we'll need to sit this one out, as my better half doesn't get her spring break until the following week.

If there's how-to sessions or the like held for the group in the preparation phase, though, I wouldn't mind being a fly on the wall -- it's still a destination we'd like to get to.

Both of those places look amazing. I can’t commit yet, but I would think that having people pay up front would minimize the impact or possibility of a no show.

also, if we end up making it, I might be able to take a passenger or 2. It would be a little odd to fly over your destination to get to San Juan, but im game

Both of those places look amazing. I can’t commit yet, but I would think that having people pay up front would minimize the impact or possibility of a no show.

also, if we end up making it, I might be able to take a passenger or 2. It would be a little odd to fly over your destination to get to San Juan, but im game
When is a fair commitment deadline? New Years?

Should we seek out an area where there could be a resort or groups of smaller available units so that the financial risk is less? Instead of 1 place for 16 of us - 8 places with 2 each?

Back