alrighty then, who's buying it??

I quit flying because of life issues at one point. My dreams of commercial flight decks demolished. 15 years later, 12 brand new dirt bikes trashed, I got back into flying on a personal level.

Whatever trajectory life takes you, at some point, homeostasis occurs. The quicker you find it, the quicker you can return to your zen.

No cryptocurrency here. I can’t get behind something I struggle to have faith/understanding in. That said a coworker turned 20K initial investment into 1.6M this year on a flyer so I reckon I’m the fool. :)
Crypto was a significant contribution to my plane and I still don't fully understand it.

seems to me the only reasons to sell the hangar would be
relocating
new plane won't fit
new plane already comes with a hangar
not flying anymore
I can't think of anything else.
Divorce???

Crypto was a significant contribution to my plane and I still don't fully understand it.
Mine was years of hard work.
Now the boat on the other hand, has come courtesy of a well-timed investment in DWAC.

One of their first videos was to St Louis a few years ago. I have been following since. Had not flown since 94 with kids and office. They woke me up. Gave me joy and confidence. Bought my Warrior and fully credit Kevin and Jamie for getting me back. Forever grateful.
Congrats on the warrior and getting back up! We’ve really enjoyed sharing our aviation travels and the community has been wonderful. We’ll still be flying around just somewhat limited till we can retire with only 4 days off a month from work for the foreseeable future. Makes hobbies tough. :(

just somewhat limited till we can retire with only 4 days off a month from work for the foreseeable future. Makes hobbies tough. :(

I assume the fact that you're at work all the time combined with historic highs on airplane values resulted in the sale?

I assume the fact that you're at work all the time combined with historic highs on airplane values resulted in the sale?
Those are the main two factors. I can’t stand to see that plane just sit in the hangar for the next 8 1/2 years till I retire. It’s meant to travel far and fast. Wish we had more qualified people but unfortunately I can’t speak further on that in a public forum considering my employer.

My buddies 340 will open up new experiences for me with pressurization and I’m looking forward to that until I get closer to retirement and buy back in.

Considering how much effort I put into upgrading the 310 to make it my perfect plane, this decision was not easy.

Those are the main two factors. I can’t stand to see that plane just sit in the hangar for the next 8 1/2 years till I retire. It’s meant to travel far and fast. Wish we had more qualified people but unfortunately I can’t speak further on that in a public forum considering my employer.

My buddies 340 will open up new experiences for me with pressurization and I’m looking forward to that until I get closer to retirement and buy back in.

Considering how much effort I put into upgrading the 310 to make it my perfect plane, this decision was not easy.

I get it, I last flew September 29th, because of, well, life. It is what it is, but I hope to remedy this soon and it won't be the plane that's going away. Good luck to the both of you, and hopefully you won't go nuts with all of the hours you're having to put in.

Since this is a youtube cliff hanger I feel the need to speculate where this is headed.

Since this is the internet, we know the plane and where the hangar is located, it's easy to find asking prices.

Airplane, $330,000.00
Hangar $115,000.00

Total sale prices $445,000.00

Airplanes and hangars are hot right now, so I doubt they will have any trouble getting asking price for both. The bigger question is what is their equity in both. That's a complete guess. They could outright own both, or they could be highly leveraged. I have no idea. So I'm going to play it safe and estimate that they will clear about $200,000 for both. I went a little less than half since they have been doing upgrades, that is a sweet airplane. If I were a more experienced pilot, it would be mine... but I digress.

So from here we have to guess what is next. This is more of a gray area, but I think we can make some educated guesses. They both have great careers with ATC, making good money, great benefits and pensions. Kevin could be going into an airline job, but I think that is unlikely. For a couple reasons, first is the ATC gig is a good one, he goes home after work, it's not a nomadic existence. Second is any pro flying job would probably involve a pay cut, he has a family so I doubt he would do that. I also think that if he had taken another job, like a flying job, he would still keep his personal airplane, since he has experienced the GA life and travels pretty regularly.

So I'm thinking he has an opportunity to own/partner in a more capable aircraft. If that's true, the next guess is what airplane?

I'm doubting its another piston twin. He could gain another 50 knots probably with avgas, and pressurization, like Jerry, but I'm not sure he would make that jump, since what he has now fits pretty well to the flying he does. Plus I think the lure of burning kerosene is probably strong.

So what plane? Well, $200,000 might get a share in a Cirrus Jet with a few other partners. That seems to fit the bill here, since that is probably the least costly path to a jet, unless you find a run out business jet. It's relatively cheap to run, probably somewhere around $800 to $1,000 per hour with out capital costs. But, that is still a lot of cabbage, even for two well paid ATC employees. So I don't know.

The other plane is an older TBM 700 ( or maybe a newer one) with a partner. Again, operating costs are probably close to the Cirrus jet and performance is close.

Of course maybe one of them is the beneficiary of a trust fund that they have matured into and now can start spending. If that's the case, maybe we'll see a Premier jet, or Citation. Who knows?
Anyways, I think the new plane scenario is probably the best fit here. What airplane? Who knows, looks like we'll have to wait for the video. Whatever it is, I hope it works out well for them.
Maybe consider a Xanax.

24dfda745d19fdb704ce5e8a8973529f.jpg

Was a lease back or adding partners not feasible? I understand it’s just as hard sharing your dream. Then again adding partners might not make the best financial sense given the seller’s market and incredible brand premium you’ll get from this sale.

Kevin, I've gotta say...I'm still feeling a bit...well, I'm mourning for your loss. I've never owned, always rented...and between moving for work, and just life, I have gone through several rusty pilot periods in my life...only to spend a bunch of money to get back in the saddle again. This last time has been by far my longest at basically 17 years, but a couple of years ago...just before this Covid madness, I started working with an instructor again and that's when I found your channel. I really enjoyed listening to you and Jamie work the radio. Was really helping me to get back into it. I really grew into loving to live vicariously through you two on your trips.... I kept thinking...now this is a guy who has life figured out....a sweet traveling plane, awesome hangar, a wife that flies with you, and opportunity to go places. I have really admired how well you have fixed up your 310 and I have enjoyed living vicariously.
But now I know that you are in fact, just a mere mortal pilot with life getting in the way just like the rest of us.
Seriously though... I have enjoyed watching your channel...and my only hope is that you stay proficient and current!

Kevin, I've gotta say...I'm still feeling a bit...well, I'm mourning for your loss. I've never owned, always rented...and between moving for work, and just life, I have gone through several rusty pilot periods in my life...only to spend a bunch of money to get back in the saddle again. This last time has been by far my longest at basically 17 years, but a couple of years ago...just before this Covid madness, I started working with an instructor again and that's when I found your channel. I really enjoyed listening to you and Jamie work the radio. Was really helping me to get back into it. I really grew into loving to live vicariously through you two on your trips.... I kept thinking...now this is a guy who has life figured out....a sweet traveling plane, awesome hangar, a wife that flies with you, and opportunity to go places. I have really admired how well you have fixed up your 310 and I have enjoyed living vicariously.
But now I know that you are in fact, just a mere mortal pilot with life getting in the way just like the rest of us.
Seriously though... I have enjoyed watching your channel...and my only hope is that you stay proficient and current!

buy his plane, bruh!

Thread hijack

How did you decide between a fast single vs the 310?

useful load but most of the time in the videos, its just yall?

Thread hijack

How did you decide between a fast single vs the 310?

useful load but most of the time in the videos, its just yall?
A Mooney Ovation briefly entered the mind. Wanted 6 seat, 180kt cruise, 1000 nm range and the safety of the second engine (yes, I know twins are 28 times more likely to provide deathly crashes :rolleyes:).

While we don’t always use the 1700lbs useful load…I like the flexibility.

I don't think I deserve all the credit for starting this thread, but let me know when you're thinking of selling your next plane, I'll hook you up again! :happydance: :cheers:
Hopefully he’s paying you handsomely for marketing

Both sales pending!! :)

As a life long Michigan fan, Maybe it’s pending on THE Game! Honestly I really don’t hate Georgia,,,,, not yet anyway. But I’m a big fan of your channel! Truly hope you guys keep it going! But from now till December 31st I don’t dig the colors on that 310!

Good luck with the sale. Love the videos. Would be awesome to see some aircraft comparison content with the c340 vs the c310.

A lot of crypto is a ponzi scheme, bitcoin is different from most in that there is no one investor, creating a new coin, letting it get popular, then creating more coin to cash in. There only will ever be 24 million bitcoin.

There are a dozen coins using that algorithm and about which that statement is true. The only reason bitcoin is more highly valued than any of them is hype.

This house of cards is going to crumble. The only question is who will get hurt.

Man, sounds like you guys are hurting up there in Chicago. Down here at ZKC there are only a few areas that are still on 6day work weeks. I feel like I still don’t get the plane out enough, even with a two day weekend! 10yrs till retirement but it’s gonna get worse soon. Not many controllers here are gonna stay till 56. We have zero trainees in the pipeline right now and sh#t will hit the fan in about 4years when everyone retires.

There are a dozen coins using that algorithm and about which that statement is true. The only reason bitcoin is more highly valued than any of them is hype.

This house of cards is going to crumble. The only question is who will get hurt.

Bitcoin is not centrally controlled and there is a finite number of coins. Most, if not all other crypto has investors who can create more coins at will.
That is the difference.

Time will tell, you do what ever makes sense for you.

Bitcoin is not centrally controlled and there is a finite number of coins. Most, if not all other crypto has investors who can create more coins at will.

There are a dozen coins using the bitcoin algorithm. Those coins are *identical* (literally) to bitcoin except for hype.

And there could be another dozen bitcoin clones tomorrow. *YOU* could create a bitcoin clone by spending a couple days learning how to do it. It would be *identical* to the current bitcoin. It would be finite. It would not be centrally controlled. It would have all the same benefits and liabilities as bitcoin because it would use exactly the same code at bitcoin.

The "scarcity" or "finite" arguments are just so false. It's like saying that there is a finite amount of gold coming from a single mine, while ignoring that atomically identical gold is being extracted from mines all over the world.

Except, it's actually worse than that. Because at least gold has an industrial value independent of the hype of using gold as a value store. And gold isn't found everywhere, while you could start a new bitcoin clone tomorrow and it would cost you nothing to do so.

There are a dozen coins using the bitcoin algorithm. Those coins are *identical* (literally) to bitcoin except for hype.

And there could be another dozen bitcoin clones tomorrow. *YOU* could create a bitcoin clone by spending a couple days learning how to do it. It would be *identical* to the current bitcoin. It would be finite. It would not be centrally controlled. It would have all the same benefits and liabilities as bitcoin because it would use exactly the same code at bitcoin.

The "scarcity" or "finite" arguments are just so false. It's like saying that there is a finite amount of gold coming from a single mine, while ignoring that atomically identical gold is being extracted from mines all over the world.

Except, it's actually worse than that. Because at least gold has an industrial value independent of the hype of using gold as a value store. And gold isn't found everywhere, while you could start a new bitcoin clone tomorrow and it would cost you nothing to do so.

Last post on this hijack, start another thread if you want to get into it more. Pretty much all the "clones" are controlled by their founders, they can add coins at will, there is nothing to stop them. When they create more coins, they are making themselves more wealth, but diluting your coins. Bitcoin is not like this hence the difference, it's set at 24 million coins, and that is all there will ever be. You need to understand this basic point if you are buying crypto.

Pretty much all the "clones" are controlled by their founders, they can add coins at will, there is nothing to stop them.

The clones of bitcoin (as opposed to the many, many other coins out there) are, by definition, capped also. Or, more correctly, are equally as capped as bitcoin. Bitcoin itself is capped by consensus, not technology and could change tomorrow if consensus was reached. Just like bitcoin clones. Or bitcoin could hard fork, just as it has done many times already and just like bitcoin clones. You need to understand this basic point if you are buying crypto.

There is no hard limit on any of this stuff. Just consensus. Just hype. When one of those two fails, the house of cards will tumble.

man... I wish! I could finally finish the multi rating I started so long ago!
but I've still gotta get three kids through college and probably pay for two weddings...

You can do this! I took my first Multi engine dual in August 1990, right after passing my Commercial ASEL checkride. With my engine being out for a major overhaul last year, I decided to (finally) get the rating. Completed my Commercial AMEL add-on rating on July 14, 2021, a mere thirty years and eleven months after I started.

It was truly a bucket list item for me and a matter of personal pride. I just did not want to be facing the end someday, wishing that I had done it.

Anyone have any update to this? It’s been a year.

Back