alrighty then, who's buying it??

Holy smokes. He mentioned he was thinking about selling, but I didn't think he was serious.

@Radar Contact hope you won't be a stranger. If you need a ride to rough river let me know; I got plenty of space.

Is that a lot of money for a C-310?
Prices have been trending up and 771BC is among the best cared-for in the fleet. The paint also is gorgeous. I stopped by to give @Radar Contact a hard time about it at Oshkosh but he really did a great job with the design and the execution is second to none. That plane's ramp appeal is the polar opposite of "just another 310."

@Radar Contact hope you won't be a stranger. If you need a ride to rough river let me know; I got plenty of space.
Same here, and dibs. I could use some tips on better operating my 310. :)

I just saw that video drop while at lunch.... very upsetting. I've always said when watching their vids...what a sweet set up they have with that plane and all the upgrades and that super sweet hangar set-up!
When I first saw it I thought upgrading to a different bird....but selling the hangar, that means relocating no doubt. But why relocate without 771BC??? the suspense is killing me!

....@Radar Contact I have really enjoyed your videos in that awesome bird. If I were in a different place in my life I'd be seriously wanting the plane. Sure is nice..... the hangar though...as sweet as it is....Chicago...no thanks

Ok, let’s debate. “Most Recognizable Cessna 310”
Kevin’s N771BC or Sky King’s Songbird?
Who's Sky King?

Okay, I know who Sky King was, but not until I became a pilot. I've had three friends who are not pilots tell me they watch 310 Pilot. I'm quite certain none of them had seen an episode of Sky King, because they were under 80.

Well shoot between this and Malibu Flyer selling trip-4DT what am I gonna watch - Nikos Wings?? Pfffft.

Just kidding, I like Niko too.

Well shoot between this and Malibu Flyer selling trip-4DT what am I gonna watch - Nikos Wings?? Pfffft.

Malibu Pilot sold? I liked that airplane, did he get something else?

I'm no longer a Niko fan.

I guess I'm butt hurt lol. Niko put some d-bag political stuff in a video after Jan. 6th, I don't watch his videos for that crap, some started commenting on it, he didn't like the comments and got pretty nasty. I've seen enough stupid IRL, so I just unsubbed and moved on. I understand from others he's since pulled the video down, but f him. Pretty much it. Hopefully he's back to just showing flying stuff.

Question from prospective buyers: Has there been any of that Mile high business in there?

images

there will always be the Wagner production...

Man, I just hope it's not Bitcoin...

Sorry to see this - love your videos. If the opportunity is something that gets us better videos, please let us know quickly and put us out of our misery.

Stay well and Merry Christmas.

Since this is a youtube cliff hanger I feel the need to speculate where this is headed.

Since this is the internet, we know the plane and where the hangar is located, it's easy to find asking prices.

Airplane, $330,000.00
Hangar $115,000.00

Total sale prices $445,000.00

Airplanes and hangars are hot right now, so I doubt they will have any trouble getting asking price for both. The bigger question is what is their equity in both. That's a complete guess. They could outright own both, or they could be highly leveraged. I have no idea. So I'm going to play it safe and estimate that they will clear about $200,000 for both. I went a little less than half since they have been doing upgrades, that is a sweet airplane. If I were a more experienced pilot, it would be mine... but I digress.

So from here we have to guess what is next. This is more of a gray area, but I think we can make some educated guesses. They both have great careers with ATC, making good money, great benefits and pensions. Kevin could be going into an airline job, but I think that is unlikely. For a couple reasons, first is the ATC gig is a good one, he goes home after work, it's not a nomadic existence. Second is any pro flying job would probably involve a pay cut, he has a family so I doubt he would do that. I also think that if he had taken another job, like a flying job, he would still keep his personal airplane, since he has experienced the GA life and travels pretty regularly.

So I'm thinking he has an opportunity to own/partner in a more capable aircraft. If that's true, the next guess is what airplane?

I'm doubting its another piston twin. He could gain another 50 knots probably with avgas, and pressurization, like Jerry, but I'm not sure he would make that jump, since what he has now fits pretty well to the flying he does. Plus I think the lure of burning kerosene is probably strong.

So what plane? Well, $200,000 might get a share in a Cirrus Jet with a few other partners. That seems to fit the bill here, since that is probably the least costly path to a jet, unless you find a run out business jet. It's relatively cheap to run, probably somewhere around $800 to $1,000 per hour with out capital costs. But, that is still a lot of cabbage, even for two well paid ATC employees. So I don't know.

The other plane is an older TBM 700 ( or maybe a newer one) with a partner. Again, operating costs are probably close to the Cirrus jet and performance is close.

Of course maybe one of them is the beneficiary of a trust fund that they have matured into and now can start spending. If that's the case, maybe we'll see a Premier jet, or Citation. Who knows?
Anyways, I think the new plane scenario is probably the best fit here. What airplane? Who knows, looks like we'll have to wait for the video. Whatever it is, I hope it works out well for them.

Since this is a youtube cliff hanger I feel the need to speculate where this is headed.

Since this is the internet, we know the plane and where the hangar is located, it's easy to find asking prices.

Airplane, $330,000.00
Hangar $115,000.00

Total sale prices $445,000.00

Airplanes and hangars are hot right now, so I doubt they will have any trouble getting asking price for both. The bigger question is what is their equity in both. That's a complete guess. They could outright own both, or they could be highly leveraged. I have no idea. So I'm going to play it safe and estimate that they will clear about $200,000 for both. I went a little less than half since they have been doing upgrades, that is a sweet airplane. If I were a more experienced pilot, it would be mine... but I digress.

So from here we have to guess what is next. This is more of a gray area, but I think we can make some educated guesses. They both have great careers with ATC, making good money, great benefits and pensions. Kevin could be going into an airline job, but I think that is unlikely. For a couple reasons, first is the ATC gig is a good one, he goes home after work, it's not a nomadic existence. Second is any pro flying job would probably involve a pay cut, he has a family so I doubt he would do that. I also think that if he had taken another job, like a flying job, he would still keep his personal airplane, since he has experienced the GA life and travels pretty regularly.

So I'm thinking he has an opportunity to own/partner in a more capable aircraft. If that's true, the next guess is what airplane?

I'm doubting its another piston twin. He could gain another 50 knots probably with avgas, and pressurization, like Jerry, but I'm not sure he would make that jump, since what he has now fits pretty well to the flying he does. Plus I think the lure of burning kerosene is probably strong.

So what plane? Well, $200,000 might get a share in a Cirrus Jet with a few other partners. That seems to fit the bill here, since that is probably the least costly path to a jet, unless you find a run out business jet. It's relatively cheap to run, probably somewhere around $800 to $1,000 per hour with out capital costs. But, that is still a lot of cabbage, even for two well paid ATC employees. So I don't know.

The other plane is an older TBM 700 ( or maybe a newer one) with a partner. Again, operating costs are probably close to the Cirrus jet and performance is close.

Of course maybe one of them is the beneficiary of a trust fund that they have matured into and now can start spending. If that's the case, maybe we'll see a Premier jet, or Citation. Who knows?
Anyways, I think the new plane scenario is probably the best fit here. What airplane? Who knows, looks like we'll have to wait for the video. Whatever it is, I hope it works out well for them.
Wrong. :)

Who's Sky King?

Okay, I know who Sky King was, but not until I became a pilot. I've had three friends who are not pilots tell me they watch 310 Pilot. I'm quite certain none of them had seen an episode of Sky King, because they were under 80.

Under 80? Heck, I'm under 70 (barely) and I used to watch Sky King when it was on the first time around. That was a looooong time before I became a pilot.

I didn’t realize they were BOTH controllers. Is he also Chicago TRACON?

He didn’t look that happy in the video and she looked like she was playing upbeat.

I hope y’all are right that it’s good news.

I thought I read a post about them moving "off grid" out to the country somewhere?

I thought I read a post about them moving "off grid" out to the country somewhere?
So clearly something with soft field capabilities…. Like an MU-2!

Back