alrighty then, who's buying it??

bush flying on the tube

Sounds like more of that mile high business

1a.jpg

Last edited:
Wonder what they’re going to show up with at RR, if they do……..

OTOH, Maybe they bought the DAB Sauce factory.

Cheers

Wonder what they’re going to show up with at RR, if they do……..

OTOH, Maybe they bought the DAB Sauce factory.

Cheers
If they don’t have a plane by then, there’s a handful of us that will give them a lift.

The DiHavilland DHC2 would be an awesome plane for bush and mile high service!
Bush and mile high tend to go together anyway if ya know what I mean…:ihih:

Wasn’t there an episode or two when they flew a pressurized/AC’d twin and commented how nice it was with AC?
Jaime does frequently complain about “boob sweat”…..and they do frequent the South.
I see a plane upgrade coming, but what flavor?

Doubt career or home changes…..where else could they possibly have this much time to travel, and apparent built in childcare?

well, whoever buys that plane will need to change the tail number...otherwise they'd be getting random calls on the radio all the time..."like your videos" or "is Jamie with you" or "are you filming today"

seems to me the only reasons to sell the hangar would be
relocating
new plane won't fit
new plane already comes with a hangar
not flying anymore
I can't think of anything else.

This is pretty much where I was at, but my whole post was deemed wrong by NRG. I'm still thinking new plane, that needs a new hangar or already has a hangar. NRG confirmed he's still flying, of course, NRG may just be guessing, this is the internet.

Lot's of questions, but that's how you build suspense and interest on Youtube.

I hope he keeps flying, I hope it's a sweeter airplane and I hope all is well.

@Jim K, as for your non pilot friends, we all know why they watch, and they don’t even notice she’s sitting in a plane. :)
I mean I'm not in the market for a 310 and definitely not a hangar in IL, but if I cashed out all the equity in the house I could pay those prices...

If she's included in the deal ;)

This is pretty much where I was at, but my whole post was deemed wrong by NRG. I'm still thinking new plane, that needs a new hangar or already has a hangar. NRG confirmed he's still flying, of course, NRG may just be guessing, this is the internet.

Lot's of questions, but that's how you build suspense and interest on Youtube.

I hope he keeps flying, I hope it's a sweeter airplane and I hope all is well.
I'm not guessing. It's not my story to tell so you'll have to hear it from Kevin himself.

Sorry guys. Didn’t mean to be so cryptic…just tried to keep it short and announce the plane/hangar sale. Not certain where the future will take us right now.

Someone mentioned Kerosene and I wish! For now going to fly my buddies 340 on occasion and hope he does upgrade to a TBM soon (he’s considering).

No cryptocurrency here. I can’t get behind something I struggle to have faith/understanding in. That said a coworker turned 20K initial investment into 1.6M this year on a flyer so I reckon I’m the fool. :)

No the YouTube channel isn’t for sale. We still have tons of videos to edit and plan to continue with aviation in the future. Besides, it would be like selling the rights to your personal family photo album at this point.

We moved closer to work 8 months ago and the off grid reference was even though it’s only 5 acres in the burbs, there’s no TV/internet here and I’m hopeful starlink gets us through. We do plan on moving to the rural Carolinas but that’s not till retirement.

Thanks for the offers on rides to rough river! Hopefully I’ll have some wings (or access) to some then. If not we may be reaching out.

Reference the prices, our hangar is the only one for sale at ARR right now. My friends sold last week for 105 and wasn’t nearly as nice/upgraded so we decided on 115 initial asking. Our 310 isn’t the most expensive listed and is probably the best upgraded/maintained sold in a long time. While it’s no brand new Baron, you can have more room and similar speed/load carrying for about 20% the price. :)

Keep flying Kevin, don't let it slip away, you'll be sorry if you do. Even if you have to go back to piston singles, lol. I still love the way you fly.

Bitcoin is still in its infancy. My son was hot on it in high school years ago, I was set to put $50k in then, I think they were around a couple hundred a coin. A "financial advisor" talked me out of it. He's working on a bitcoin wallet for Block (Square) now. He's still investing in it.

I'm just glad I'm not the only one that doesn't grasp the crypto fad. How do you buy it? Cash. What do you get when you sell it? Cash. What do you have when you own it? What makes the value increase or decrease? The intuition of others. I'll pass and find something more tangible and less volatile.

Last edited:
I'm just glad I'm not the only one that doesn't grasp the crypto fad. How do you buy it? Cash. What do you get when you sell it? Cash. What do you have when you own it? What makes the value increase or decrease? The intuition of others. I'll pass and find something more tangible and less volatile.

There's a whole system building to facilitate easier transactions. It's coming.

Make me three. I just invested a bunch and agonized over crypto but chose against it. I understand it technically, but I don't understand how it has any value as an investment. Seems too much like a Ponzi scheme to me. As long as people think it has worth, it has worth. Okay.....

Well yes, but all of that is more or less true for most equities.

Make me three. I just invested a bunch and agonized over crypto but chose against it. I understand it technically, but I don't understand how it has any value as an investment. Seems too much like a Ponzi scheme to me. As long as people think it has worth, it has worth. Okay.....

A lot of crypto is a ponzi scheme, bitcoin is different from most in that there is no one investor, creating a new coin, letting it get popular, then creating more coin to cash in. There only will ever be 24 million bitcoin.

Well yes, but all of that is more or less true for most equities.
At least most entities you're investing in, stock price is usually performance based and you own a portion of the company. Except if you buy stock in the Packers. I'll never understand that boondoggle. Buy stock. But you can't sell it to anyone. And you don't really own anything except this piece of paper that says you gave money to a billion dollar entity.

At least most entities you're investing in, stock price is usually performance based and you own a portion of the company. Except if you buy stock in the Packers. I'll never understand that boondoggle. Buy stock. But you can't sell it to anyone. And you don't really own anything except this piece of paper that says you gave money to a billion dollar entity.

It's not a stock, there is no entity other than the coin or fraction of the coin you own. It's similar to the dollar in that it's a tender, but there is no entity printing more of it. The transaction are secure, if done correctly. And it's getting easier to use as the tech advances.

It's quite easy to buy with cash right now. But what can I buy with Bitcoin? Is it backed by anything? It's a made up, get rich quick, money laundering pseudo currency.

There are a lot of people and companies accepting or setting up to accept bitcoin. It's coming, it's going to be an interesting decade to see how it shakes out.

Apologies on the thread drift and my mini rant. Always loved the colors on that plane. Looks like my old Legends car.

Attachments

• download (2).jpeg
    download (2).jpeg
    6.5 KB · Views: 46
There are a lot of people and companies accepting or setting up to accept bitcoin. It's coming, it's going to be an interesting decade to see how it shakes out.
And the IRS is waiting.

Crypto as a currency .. interesting, but iffy. Blockchain as an effective, secure, and reliable ledger .. brilliant. I personally would avoid the former and invest in the latter.

Full disclosure: I ran Bitcoin mining farms and ASIC distribution between 2012-2013/4? … and paid all of my taxes

ok....let me get this straight
one of our own... a fellow pilot & a forum member
is losing a really great plane...one that he has slaved and spent big for, improving it over the last several years. A plane he obviously likes and enjoys and serves him and his family very well.
On top of that he is simultaneously losing a hangar/man cave that most pilots would envy....
and if that isn't bad enough, we are losing a really great youtube channel....well hopefully not completely losing it but certainly losing it's namesake and source of content as it is now.

all of that happening, and we are talking about crypto-bit-something or another?!?!?!?!??? I'm disappointed in you folks

ok....let me get this straight
one of our own... a fellow pilot & a forum member
is losing a really great plane...one that he has slaved and spent big for, improving it over the last several years. A plane he obviously likes and enjoys and serves him and his family very well.
On top of that he is simultaneously losing a hangar/man cave that most pilots would envy....
and if that isn't bad enough, we are losing a really great youtube channel....well hopefully not completely losing it but certainly losing it's namesake and source of content as it is now.

all of that happening, and we are talking about crypto-bit-something or another?!?!?!?!??? I'm disappointed in you folks
Denial. The first stage of processing grief.

Back