Airline Employee Gets Jail...

Wow,guess after your refused entrance ,you should rethink your next move. Doesn’t mention what he did for a job with the airline.

He said he wanted to go to pharmacy school. Is that what thugs call a meth lab these days?

We might have a huge lack of appreciation for the TSA's task here on POA, but does anyone think for a minute they will be able to (or should be able to) bluff or bluster their way past security?! Douche.

We might have a huge lack of appreciation for the TSA's task here on POA, but does anyone think for a minute they will be able to (or should be able to) bluff or bluster their way past security?! Douche.

Doesn't work terribly well. I still have no respect for the average TSA drone, but you don't pull what this idiot pulled and expect to get away with it.

Wow, really makes you wonder how someone keeps all of that bottled up long enough to get through the hiring process.

It wasn’t a pilot.
That doesn’t make it okay, just correcting previous statements.

He said he wanted to go to pharmacy school. Is that what thugs call a meth lab these days?
Sounds like he was convicted under 49 U.S.C. § 46503. Don't think he'll be going to pharmacy school now. I think even pharmacy techs have ethics requirements that would make it difficult to get through their credentialing program with a felony conviction.

A few years ago I was detained in Charlotte over a couple of electronic cigarettes that they found in my carry on. These dead serious idiots were baffled. They detained me while they passed my batteries from one clueless individual with an xray machine, to the next clueless idiot with another xray machine. It was 20-30 minutes of full bloom ignorance. Never asked me one question, simply made me stand there getting more and more ****ed off. The only answer to my questioning was, "I hope that is not what we think it is." It was all I could do to hold it in. And yes, I wrote a letter of complaint. Probably put me on a list somewhere. Oh well, obviously didn't matter anyhow. Hell, the folks at StLouis gave me less hassle when I brought home a very fragile antique mantel clock in my carry on.

I used to travel quite extensively throughout the US, and I got to know the system pretty well, where you'd get a hassle, where it was an efficient well run operation, and Charlotte was always pretty screwed up. Why do we continue to grant power and authority to idiots? In this case we know only what the media has told us, but this poor guy was obviously ****ed off at the way he was being treated, and now he's in jail. There's a difference between ignorance and stupidity, and you can't fix stupid, yet we continue to allow the stupids to guard the chicken house.

A few years ago I was detained in Charlotte over a couple of electronic cigarettes that they found in my carry on. These dead serious idiots were baffled. They detained me while they passed my batteries from one clueless individual with an xray machine, to the next clueless idiot with another xray machine. It was 20-30 minutes of full bloom ignorance. Never asked me one question, simply made me stand there getting more and more ****ed off. The only answer to my questioning was, "I hope that is not what we think it is." It was all I could do to hold it in. And yes, I wrote a letter of complaint. Probably put me on a list somewhere. Oh well, obviously didn't matter anyhow. Hell, the folks at StLouis gave me less hassle when I brought home a very fragile antique mantel clock in my carry on.
You oughta try carrying a couple of harmonicas in your carry on sometime. ;)

I used to travel quite extensively throughout the US, and I got to know the system pretty well, where you'd get a hassle, where it was an efficient well run operation, and Charlotte was always pretty screwed up. Why do we continue to grant power and authority to idiots? In this case we know only what the media has told us, but this poor guy was obviously ****ed off at the way he was being treated, and now he's in jail. There's a difference between ignorance and stupidity, and you can't fix stupid, yet we continue to allow the stupids to guard the chicken house.

Yes, TSA does not hire rocket scientists. Sometimes I even wonder if some of them could successfully work at Taco Bell. And as someone who flies out of CLT frequently, I think the ones here are some of the worst ones that I’ve seen. But in this case, the airline employee was clearly out of line and did not want to comply with the rules. He seemed to believe that being an airline employee confers privileges that it does not. He was wrong.

I have a little sympathy for the guy. I always assumed an employee would have a shortcut around security instead of having to go through the line with the general population. If I had to deal with that every day I'd be pretty angry too. I mean yelling and making a bunch of threats is never a good way to get what you want especially with security/law enforcement obviously but I can see why he'd be mad. Jail time seems excessive.

I have a little sympathy for the guy. I always assumed an employee would have a shortcut around security instead of having to go through the line with the general population. If I had to deal with that every day I'd be pretty angry too. I mean yelling and making a bunch of threats is never a good way to get what you want especially with security/law enforcement obviously but I can see why he'd be mad. Jail time seems excessive.

At DEN there actually is a security bypass between the main TSA areas. Airport ops/pilots/some employees/TSA could use it to get through almost instantly. There's a set of turnstiles inside a small room with one table and a TSA agent who checks credentials/badges/fingerprints/etc depending on who you are and it releases you into the end of the TSA checkpoint.

The rank and file employees (McDonalds etc) had to park their cars in a separate lot and go through an off-site TSA checkpoint to be taken by bus from there directly to their concourse (secure area to secure area) so it wasn't through the regular TSA lines we use.

It's a big violation for someone to go through when they are not supposed to. Pilots going through with hawaiian shirts got violated trying to bypass TSA just to get to their gate faster while not on the clock. And some employees did raise hell at the off-site TSA area for inane reasons and I'd have to check the cameras and send the cops over to sort it out.

There is a bypass if you are working in the terminal or on the ramp and have your airport SIDA badge. However if you are flying as a pax, you must go through TSA just like everyone else.

There is a bypass if you are working in the terminal or on the ramp and have your airport SIDA badge. However if you are flying as a pax, you must go through TSA just like everyone else.
Pilots can use KCM even when flying for pleasure (and not traveling international).

sub'd to this thread
o.png
So?

On some forums you need to post to a thread in order to follow it (get notifications when someone posts). On this forum, you can click on "watch thread" at the top of the page.
I guess I had never seen or at least noticed anyone just announce that they were subscribing to a thread before without making an actual comment regarding the subject at hand. Usually if you are interested in a thread, you participate in it. And as you noted, you can just click on the “watch thread” link. Heck even I knew that though I’m more likely to click the link next to it.

On vBulletin, there's an option to subscribe in the thread tools. So, I don't think a "request post" has needed to be done for a decade or three.

I guess I had never seen or at least noticed anyone just announce that they were subscribing to a thread before without making an actual comment regarding the subject at hand. Usually if you are interested in a thread, you participate in it. And as you noted, you can just click on the “watch thread” link. Heck even I knew that though I’m more likely to click the link next to it.
I've seen people post "following" in threads on this forum and others. It doesn't happen too often.

Wow, really makes you wonder how someone keeps all of that bottled up long enough to get through the hiring process.

It seems like he was having an "episode". His repeated attempts after being rebuffed kinda point to a person losing it, losing touch with reality. It could be that he was okay for the interviews, or even at work, and kind of lost it. Maybe something changed, or he developed a brain tumor, or was on meds and stopped taking them. Any number of things.

Back