Air Wagner..... He’s baaaaackk.

I just have to say... I’m loving his Bel Aire project!

Nothing worth saving this one for I guess.

I don’t understand why with the very nice panel he has he has just a CO sticker rather than a real detector.

Just search Jerry Wagner on YouTube and his videos appear.

Well "not exactly" (as the old commercial goes). There is one video currently on his site and it's the one linked above (or that's the only one I could find).

oh well, that was a nice short lived little break from shtty JW videos and shtty JW threads where everyone discusses how awful a pilot he is, then you know, that one guy chimes in and is like "oh, he's the greatest pilot evarrrr" and like everyone rolls their eyes because they all know he's actually jerry and like not one person on the planet truly thinks he's a good pilot and the only person who would actually say he's a good pilot is jerry himself. like, those were the good old days.....

Well "not exactly" (as the old commercial goes). There is one video currently on his site and it's the one linked above (or that's the only one I could find).

He deleted all his other videos, or probably more accurately, made them private.

That's where the rub is. I'm not saying this because I think he's a bad dude; quite the contrary. From everything I've seen and heard he seems likeable and pleasant. However when you're the butt of the joke in Pt 135 recurrent ground schools as an example of what not to do that may be a "Here's your sign" moment. That's where I first heard about Jerry and "secondary minimums".

They say you start with a bag of luck and experience; Mr. Wagner is one awful lucky fellow.

I'm sure Jerry is nice guy. He'd also be fired on the spot at my outfit and even our union would wash their hands when watching some of his 1900fpm over the runway videos.

All the bashing aside, there really is one thing I have always wondered about. Why aren't the AUN-OAK and OAK-AUN IFR routes he gets all the time, including the approaches, saved in the catalog?

Not always and not this one, but sometimes he acts like SAC-SUNOL is a big surprise.

Last edited:
Damn man, that’s almost, and I mean ALMOST, a Sac worthy stream of consciousness rant! Nice!

All the bashing aside, there really is one thing I have always wondered about. Why aren't the AUN-OAK and OAK-AUN IFR routes he gets all the time, including the approaches, saved in the catalog?

Not always and not this one, but sometimes he acts like SAC-SUNOL is a big surprise.

I did out and backs from OAK around middle and NorCal a couple week ago and after the first day it was pretty obvious what they do. I was really hoping I'd hear him so I could ask where the videos went.

he is posting virtually every flight he takes now 4 or 5 videos last 3 days.. turns off comments.. so his fans cant applaud him which I think probably hurts him a little.. same ole Auburn to Oakland and back.

he is posting virtually every flight he takes now 4 or 5 videos last 3 days.. turns off comments.. so his fans cant applaud him which I think probably hurts him a little.. same ole Auburn to Oakland and back.
Same script for each flight or different dialogue?

Same script for each flight or different dialogue?

same MO it appears.. and its hard to tell on the video one landing at Auburn he clearly flew through a bit of visible moisture while calling airport in sight. I just glanced at them and fast forward to the last 2 minutes.

same MO it appears.. and its hard to tell on the video one landing at Auburn he clearly flew through a bit of visible moisture while calling airport in sight. I just glanced at them and fast forward to the last 2 minutes.
Long thread on reddit about his recent IFR flight, some picky criticisms, some valid... apparently he also executed the published hold backwards.

Forget I said haters gonna hate. Embarrassed I even “said” that. But you know what I mean
Yup...we know what you mean. You mean it’s acceptable for you to make a post specifically for criticizing others, but no one else is allowed to criticize.

Thanks Air Wagner for being a good teacher and making instrument flying fun. Since I’m a new instrument pilot, his videos help me to keep my instrument mind sharper when I’m not flying.

Uh... You might not want to use Jerry as a role model for instrument flying. :rolleyes:

People are free to criticize anyone IMO, I just think it is easy to do these days. But I’m old school. If you put yourself out there for everyone to see, expect some criticism. Feel free to express your opinion, that’s what I’m doing I hope in a polite way. Admit I don’t have time to read the 24 pages of this post, so maybe there is a dynamic discussion here, just expressing my appreciation for ifr content. Signing off of this one.

Barry, Jerry, what’s the difference?

Moderators, I’ve deleted my reference to people who criticize, do what you will with the rest. Lesson learned for me.

The incorrect hold, the direct to FAF after and cancelling IFR while in the layer... that was interesting.

Hmmm, someone comes in bucking the trend, then fizzles away. If you get challenged, back up what you say, it's pretty simple....... or run away.

Hahaha! Not running away! but just not wanting to waste my time on drama, which this thread is evidently completely full of I now see. one thing I have just learned now is to read more of a thread before you post in it, this is a caustic one. I do support people having opinions and many here may or may not be justified, not me to judge. Anyhow I’m still learning this great world of flying, and old enough to learn something from everyone, even if it’s not what to do.

I do support people having opinions
That he programmed and flew a hold south when he was instructed to hold west is an opinion? How about that he turned left when the procedure says to turn right, is that an opinion too?

Jerry seems like a nice guy, is probably a pretty good stick, but has some definite issues with flying IFR and some judgement issues. He is not a good example for IFR pilots, the reasons are detailed throughout the thread. The problem is that if Jerry ends up in a smoking hole, or worse, takes someone with him or worst of all, hurts innocent people on the ground due to some of his unsafe antics, it's very bad for general aviation. No one is perfect, but some of the things Jerry has unwittingly caught on video are ridiculous.

Nope that hold doesn’t look like an opinion. After reading a little of this thread I start to see why it is 24 pages long. We all need to follow safe flying by the book, even experienced ones. Good night all.

Admit I don’t have time to read the 24 pages of this post, so maybe there is a dynamic discussion here, just expressing my appreciation for ifr content. Signing off of this one.

Instead of reading the whole thing, skim for the multitude of CFIs and CFIIs comments on Jerry’s performance.

There’s a reason we call them *minimum* standards... to acquire a certificate...

It’s not about “opinions”. It’s about standards.

He doesn’t meet the minimum standards for his certificate, regularly and repetitively.

...He doesn’t meet the minimum standards for his certificate, regularly and repetitively.

that...OR, the entire online aviation community just picked someone entirely at random to haze for absolutely no reason whatsoever, and in reality that one guy, 1120A is right, that he's really a great pilot and everyone else on the internet is wrong. that's probably what happened.

that...OR, the entire online aviation community just picked someone entirely at random to haze for absolutely no reason whatsoever, and in reality that one guy, 1120A is right, that he's really a great pilot and everyone else on the internet is wrong. that's probably what happened.

Our new flying overlord.

Why subtweet lies about me? At least tag me. I've not expressed much of a view on Jerry's abilities, ADM or otherwise - I've simply said people have taken their criticism too far. He does regularly work with a MEI who doesn't have a problem with his flying and actually flies with him instead of cherry picking a couple videos, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Back