A&P and parts

Didn't matter to me, you want me to order the parts? give me your C/C numbers

:confused:I'm not sure what you are suggesting. :confused:

You'd get a check, C/C number, or cash from me when I pay the bill anyway. The bill should contain the price of your labor, parts, and a reasonable margin for profit and overhead.

You'd get a check, C/C number, or cash from me when I pay the bill anyway. The bill should contain the price of your labor, parts, and a reasonable margin for profit and overhead.

If I were Tom I would do exactly what he is suggesting. Why float the cost of expensive parts and risk the owner never pays you a damn thing. Much better to make the owner pay for the parts when they're ordered.

A larger shop? Sure. They can afford the risk and float and it's more efficient and easier for them to just order them.

An independent guy? Doesn't make much sense...plus complicates things from a sales tax perspective pretty heavily depending on your state.

may work for you. but A&Ps find out the hard way that they have dead beat customers. and don't tell me about leans, the A&P never gets paid.

I make a list every year what he should think about, every year he hands me unopened boxes with most of the stuff we talked about the year before.

Works good for me.

Just to let every body know, I'd buy any part my customers need on my C/C. I would't have them as customers if I couldn't trust them to pay their bills.

But until you earn that trust, give me your C/C numbers or buy the stuff your self.

Back