the "not worthy of it's own thread" thread

For some. :mad2:
Actually…. I’m taking Tues and Wed off as well. Wife - whose a teacher - is on break next week and I’ve snagged the club’s Skylane to take us to Jekyll island for a few. It will be the first X Country using my new IFR ticket without a CFII in the right seat! Bonus -if I get my requested route it will be my first time in Bravo as well.

I found myself "missing" the Raptor videos the other day... o_O

so, this exists...

View attachment 104845

"4 interest free payments of $5".....
20nraa.jpg

Three day weekend!!!!

Odd how celebrating the great contributions of Washington and Lincoln to our freedoms and very existence of a nation ……………has turned into getting a Monday off and having great deals on mattresses.
Just like most of the Holidays. When Armistice Day, now Veterans Day, was created, the Veterans lobbied for and got that it would stay November 11, just for this reason.

Reactions: WDD
I ordered fancy new wingtips for my plane in January. They called me and told me they were ready the day after my engine crapped the bed. So today I drove to Wisconsin, like a peasant, and picked them up.

Have I mentioned how much I hate driving?
IMG_20220222_132624993_HDR.jpg

I ordered fancy new wingtips for my plane in January. They called me and for me they were ready the day after my engine crapped the bed. So today I drove to Wisconsin, like a peasant, and picked them up.
Did you see the nice 180 on amphibs at BUU while you were there? If you get bored this summer, come get your ASES with me ;)

I ordered fancy new wingtips for my plane in January. They called me and told me they were ready the day after my engine crapped the bed. So today I drove to Wisconsin, like a peasant, and picked them up.

View attachment 104860

Shipping or renting an other plane to fetch them not an option?

View attachment 104860
Why did you drive through Chicago?

Shipping or renting an other plane to fetch them not an option?
They are flipping huge. Roughly 5'x2.5'x1'. A pa32 is about the only plane that will actually carry them. Shipping was going to be $500. Picking them up seemed like a fun mission when I ordered them. If I knew @Mtns2Skies was based there I would've seen if he could stash 'em in a corner until I got my plane back.

Why did you drive through Chicago?
Because I love it so much. Also because Google told me to, and we all know what happens when you disobey Google. It sent me home through Rockford. The Chicago route actually was about 30m faster. Traffic wasn't terrible when I went through midday.

Oh lord, I thought you were joking about driving to KBUU - that’s my cheap fuel stop now that my tanks don’t leak. Well, if you ever do that trick again, drop a line and @kaiser, @mandm, @Radar Contact, @Terry M - 3CK (Chicago) will meet you for a beer and bite.
Yeah, I saw the sign for the Kenosha airport, and figured I drove right through your 'hood. I got home about 20:30 as it was though, so no time to stop. 4 hours in the semi hauling corn this morning, then 8hr round trip to WI. Long day.

Yeah, I saw the sign for the Kenosha airport, and figured I drove right through your 'hood. I got home about 20:30 as it was though, so no time to stop. 4 hours in the semi hauling corn this morning, then 8hr round trip to WI. Long day.
I really need to meet up with the rest of the midwest gang, and specifically you, @NealRomeoGolf, and @cowman since we're the relative smell-inois mid-staters (I'm probably forgetting others). Between us all a ride should not be far away for AOG missions like this or safety pilot duties. I'm AOG right now too with my prop at the shop down in Louisville. I did the 8 hour roundtrip drive 3 weeks ago but at least I got to stop at a nice Indiana gun shop on the way home. Sadly I did not stop for fireworks at Sheltons. $$ for airplane beat out $$ for fireworks...this time.

After only flying one hour all of January, I more than made up for it in February. Now at 26.5 YTD.
Nice! I have something like 40 ytd which is completely ludicrous… especially since I haven’t flown in 6 days and I’m deep in withdrawal.

In other news, I have approval for this years first long long XC family vaca in March. I’m super excited.

rookies...

let me know when it passes a decade

(>-{

I had a dream last night. At Rough River, @SixPapaCharlie was letting me fly his comanche with @EdFred sitting in the right seat. During the runup, the governor shaft let go and coated the windshield in oil. So we got got out & pulled the engine off. Then @eman1200 showed up and told us the chicken was ready.

I think maybe I need to spend less time on here.

I had a dream last night. At Rough River, @SixPapaCharlie was letting me fly his comanche with @EdFred sitting in the right seat. During the runup, the governor shaft let go and coated the windshield in oil. So we got got out & pulled the engine off. Then @eman1200 showed up and told us the chicken was ready.

I think maybe I need to spend less time on here.

how was the chicken?

Finally got coerced into watching star wars ep. 9 tonight. It was a flaming pile of garbage. Which was better than I expected.

Last edited:
Finally got coerced into watching star wars ep. 9 tonight. It was a flaming pile of garbage. Which was better then I expected.
I don’t think I’ve seen that one. We’re about to get Disney + so we can watch all of these Star Wars episodes as they were meant to… in numerical order

I don’t think I’ve seen that one. We’re about to get Disney + so we can watch all of these Star Wars episodes as they were meant to… in numerical order
:D
After episode 8, I didn't even want to see it. I was prepared to never watch anything star wars again 8 was so bad. 9 was arguably the best of the Disney trilogy, which isn't saying much.

I've been pushing to cancel dis+, but that's about all the kids watch. There an Australian kid's cartoon on there...."Bluey".... friggin hilarious. I sit down and watch it with them it's so good. It's one of those rare shows that everyone from the toddlers to the adults can enjoy.

after watching Rogue One, I had zero interest in watching any additional star wars episodes.

Jury duty.

I feel bad for the folks that have to be judged by 6 or 12 folks that don't know how to get out of jury duty.

In my small part of the world we take turns for jury duty. March is my month. Usually one day a week. Of course I get assigned to a month that has three 7 day weeks and two 4 day weeks. The 4 day week counts as a full week, so I have 5 days where I have to go in to sit through jury selection. I should not complain, I guess. Jury duty only happens one month every three years.

Why is it that drivers signal a lane change *after* they are already half-way into the lane?

Why is it that drivers signal a lane change *after* they are already half-way into the lane?
Maybe someone taught them that. Not until halfway into the lane, but don't signal until you begin the change. That's what some Drivers Ed Instructor told my Daughter. I explained to her signaling is not about what you are doing. Other drivers can see what you are doing. It's about signaling what you are going to do.

Around here, if you signal it gives others a heads up that you intend to change lanes - and gives them a head start in blocking you.

Back