the "not worthy of it's own thread" thread

swapped a new microwave for the old busted one and was able to use the existing mounting bracket. di'nt have to remove nuthin, measure nuthin, drill nuthin. even the top bolt holes were in the right spots. mounting it was actually easier than using it. now what to nuke first........

swapped a new microwave for the old busted one and was able to use the existing mounting bracket. di'nt have to remove nuthin, measure nuthin, drill nuthin. even the top bolt holes were in the right spots. mounting it was actually easier than using it. now what to nuke first........

I'm thinking there's a few people wondering what to nuke first right now...or at the very least, what is going to be nuked first.

There's the old light bulb in a glass of water thingy if you're really bored ...

[QUOTE="SkyChaser, post: 3227141, or at the very least, what is going to be nuked first.[/QUOTE]

BACON!!!

I'm thinking there's a few people wondering what to nuke first right now...or at the very least, what is going to be nuked first.
Back in the olden days, when I was in college, they put a microwave in the dorm kitchen (small dorm, cook your own stuff...). A bunch of us stood around looking at it and oohing and awhhhing (microwaves were a big NEW thing back then). Someone said, "What should we cook first?" Someone else said, "I've heard that they are good for baked potatoes." A potato was dutifully fetched and placed in the amazing new device. Then, "How long should we cook it for?" "A baked potato takes about an hour or so." With all the questions answered, the timer was twisted right to the max, and we left - planning on returning in an hour to see how it went.

When we got back, what was left in the microwave was a small lump of charcoal.

There's the old light bulb in a glass of water thingy if you're really bored ...
Not familiar with that one. How does it compare to a CD?

That's just wrong. No one should get off that easy installing a microwave. Balance must be maintained in the karmaverse. You're going to pay for this somewhere down the road.

That's just wrong. No one should get off that easy installing a microwave. Balance must be maintained in the karmaverse. You're going to pay for this somewhere down the road.

Exactly what I was thinking….I did almost get crushed by a semi who wasn’t looking and also blasted thru a stop sign.

Exactly what I was thinking….I did almost get crushed by a semi who wasn’t looking and also blasted thru a stop sign.
I was thinkin more yer walkin down the sidewalk by a high rise apartment building and a guy on the tenth floor who just had a nightmare job of installing a new microwave chucks the old one out the window and smacks you right on the head.

I almost got T boned today from a couple who blasted through a stop sign. They were in a RAV4.

Smokers (cigs)….didn’t think they really existed much anymore. At an outdoor place and just got a big face full of smoke. I didn’t hate it but was surprised.

HOW LONG does a plane sit to get flat tires?

I was at Schaumburg Airport (06C) today, straight west of ORD. Busy GA field with a waiting list for hangars.

30 ish planes on tie downs? On the West ramp there are 10 planes and 3 had flat tires. A warrior with nice paint (no flat tires) hasn’t flown since April 2020 (on Flightaware). I was sort of surprised.

There was a plane on the South ramp I’ve seen all over YouTube.

ETA - that Warrior might have a flat tire too. Low at least.

Last edited:
waiting list for hangars
It’s something like a 5 year wait

Try heading to the north ramp at DPA. There’s loads with flat tires… including a 310R and a Cessna 190/195. Either haven’t moved in 2 years+… I feel like I should find these owners and see if they’ll take something like 20 for them… (doesn’t solve the hangar issue)

World's fastest delivery

email from Bestbuy saying my package will ship soon - timestamp 10:27:24 -0600

email from Bestbuy saying my package was delivered - timestamp 10:27:49 -0600

Let's see Amazon beat that, eh?

Every morning I have to give each cat (2) a half spoonful of plain oatmeal. In separate bowls. In separate rooms.

.7 hours of actual instrument today. I figured it would be fun. It was more fun than I expected. More fun than watching cats... :)

I participated in my first PnP event this weekend. The best part was watching the pilot with the second leg try to shove one of the crates into his shiny TTx. It was a real "square peg" moment. Top loaders win again.

Flew into JWN for the first time. What an adventure! Confusing instructions from tower, 360 on final for opposite direction landing traffic, asked to switch to ground clear of taxiway then back to tower for departing helo traffic then back to ground, marshaled in directly to an outbound Cherokee 6…

love it!

Flew into JWN for the first time. What an adventure! Confusing instructions from tower, 360 on final for opposite direction landing traffic, asked to switch to ground clear of taxiway then back to tower for departing helo traffic then back to ground, marshaled in directly to an outbound Cherokee 6…
I departed MQY yesterday and they were quite alright inbound and outbound. But, I envy you if you did that flight yesterday as you had some nice tailwinds. I stayed at 3000 bumping along in the noon time thermals.

I departed MQY yesterday and they were quite alright inbound and outbound. But, I envy you if you did that flight yesterday as you had some nice tailwinds. I stayed at 3000 bumping along in the noon time thermals.
I came in from KC and had 15 ish right on the tail. KC-Nashville was an easy flight. Even had a nice stop in KPCD for nice $4.25/gal fuel.

Flew with a S Pilot last Sat to do a couple of approaches and a hold to keep current. If it weren't for the shoulder harnesses we'd have been hitting our heads on the ceiling once or twice. Had to grab the panel to steady enough to enter whatnot in the GTN.

All fun.

Last edited:
So for the first time ever, United put one of my bags on the wrong plane (one of three mind you)… la sigh

I have had 7 claims on my insurance for Covid test, out of network, that I never took. Each filed for $400 and United Healthcare paid $75. I did not take any of them. I have not gotten any bills from the places asking for the other $325. I called UH and they at first said that the claims are good. I called again and said it was fraud, we will see what happens.

There was one time I was thrilled when the airline misrouted my luggage. I had two huge, wheeled suitcases of crap for an overseas assignment. I go to the baggage office all sad face and they promise to deliver them in a few hours. Worked out quite nicely.

from the article:

Detroit ranks:
No. 1 in pizza passion
No. 1 for BBQ chicken pizza searches
No. 2 for taco pizza
the most independent pizzerias per capita

clearly the most useless stats in pizza history. WTAF is pizza passion??? c'mon, man!
Pizza passion is how passionate you are for wanting better pizza… like pizza from Chicago

*mic drop*

Back