You ever wonder where they went?

RyanB

Super Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Ryan
A lot of times I’ll do a search for a various topic and come across a lot of necro threads full of users that are no longer active on the board. Having been around here for a number of years, I’ve seen a lot of members come and go. After seeing their usernames again on old threads, I’m always curious what ever happened to them.

I’m sure life just got too busy, or they grew tired of the pedantry, some might’ve passed away.

Makes me wonder what happened to some of our older charter members that used to surface around here.

There's a thread about this somewhere from not long ago. Probably started by the OP too. ;):D

There's a thread about this somewhere from not long ago. Probably started by the OP too. ;):D
Heh. There might be. I have a hard time remembering what’s been discussed and what hasn’t. Might be an early onset of dementia.

Why is it always west not east, South or north....
I get sad when I see a post from Ben or Norm, two who have flown west since I joined POA. I know there have been others as well.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

According to World Wide Words the origin of go westmeaning to die, perish, or disappear is related to the idea of the sunset, as a figurative image of death: Go west seems anciently to be connected with the direction of the setting sun, symbolising the end of the day and so figuratively the end of one's life.

I'm still here. as much as ted tried to get rid of me, I'm still here. in case u were wondering where I was, b.

I'm still here. as much as ted tried to get rid of me, I'm still here. in case u were wondering where I was, b.

Don't let your ego get too big. I haven't tried to get rid of anyone since joining the MC.

I would like to literally but not figuratively fly west. I'm about wore out on this southeast stuff. Just need to find a decent job in WY, MT, or ID where I can make big bucks and not do much.

Ok, the southeast isn't too bad but the areas I mentioned would be a good area to spend the rest of my days.

We have some who've gone west, unfortunately. We also have some who've given up on aviation for one reason or another (priced out of it, personal finances changed). Some lost their medicals and also left for that reason.

And you've got a good number people who left because they got sick of the rif-raf.

Don't let your ego get too big. I haven't tried to get rid of anyone since joining the MC.

Oh, maybe we can have a poll titled, who should Ted drop the big hammer on. Here is a possible list.

1. eman1200
2. eman1200
3. eman1200

Oh, maybe we can have a poll titled, who should Ted drop the big hammer on. Here is a possible list.

1. eman1200
2. eman1200
3. eman1200

it's already been done homie. they set me straight, I've changed my evil ways, I am rehabilitated. oh yeah, and 'boobs'. ok maybe not fully rehabilitated.

1. eman1200
2. eman1200
3. eman1200

Despite popular demand, eman actually has to earn his vacation on his own.

Honestly this place is sooo much better compared to when I first joined (since a few select members left) :) just sayin

Honestly this place is sooo much better compared to when I first joined (since a few select members left) :) just sayin

We’ve been trying.

There have been ups and downs since I joined in 2007, almost 11 years ago. A lot of great members from those days left because of some really bad ones. But that’s not to say those days were the best.

I’d say 2011-2014 were probably the worst years, just based on my recollection.

Just need to find a decent job in WY, MT, or ID where I can make big bucks and not do much.
Don’t do that, we’ll miss you too much at our southeast fly-in’s that we sometimes have.

A lot of times I’ll do a search for a various topic and come across a lot of necro threads full of users that are no longer active on the board.

Permanent bans, over moderation, and removing the spin zone probably accounted for... none of it.

We’ve been trying.

There have been ups and downs since I joined in 2007, almost 11 years ago. A lot of great members from those days left because of some really bad ones. But that’s not to say those days were the best.

I’d say 2011-2014 were probably the worst years, just based on my recollection.
I’d agree with that.

Reactions: Ted
Permanent bans, over moderation, and removing the spin zone probably accounted for... none of it.

wouldn't a permanent ban, by definition, have 'something' to do with those people not being active? :happydance:

When the Spin Zone was active it accounted for roughly a third of the activity on Pilots of America. Was it the best third? Definitely not. It was however, truly the most American.

The board has not been the same since its demise.

Its possible one may have taken the self guided tour of Puget Sound recently...(too soon?)

There was another forum I was once a part of, can't recall which one, in which on of the frequent posters disappeared after he was arrested and found guilty of murder. I remember the forum kind of being in shock when someone linked his account to the real world person.

They left POA for the same reason they leave their heaps in hangars that are out of annual for the last 15 years. No wonder there are waiting list years long waiting for a hangar

I ban my own people by putting them on ignore. It’s not that they’ve said anything bad to me or I don’t like them, it’s that when I ignore a few people, POA seems great. I get rid of the drama and trolls. So much nicer. Doesn’t matter who it is. Everyone has a few folks who they roll their eyes at. If you didn’t see their existence, you don’t know any better and the rose colored glasses are just so clear.

It is interesting to see some old user names in old threads. Some say Ejection Handle Pullled. I can’t imagine exactly what they must’ve said or did. A few actually say Gone West. Sad, but also cool that their contribution and online persona still live on!

I ban my own people by putting them on ignore. It’s not that they’ve said anything bad to me or I don’t like them, it’s that when I ignore a few people, POA seems great. I get rid of the drama and trolls. So much nicer. Doesn’t matter who it is. Everyone has a few folks who they roll their eyes at. If you didn’t see their existence, you don’t know any better and the rose colored glasses are just so clear.

It is interesting to see some old user names in old threads. Some say Ejection Handle Pullled. I can’t imagine exactly what they must’ve said or did. A few actually say Gone West. Sad, but also cool that their contribution and online persona still live on!

giphy.gif

:rolleyes:

sorry...hadta post something so I could check my join date.:D

To paraphrase Madeleine Albright (speaking to Chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Colin Powell):

"What's the point of having this superb Ban Hammer that you're always talking about if we can't use it?"
;)

To paraphrase Madeleine Albright (speaking to Chair of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Colin Powell):

"What's the point of having this superb Ban Hammer that you're always talking about if we can't use it?"
;)

Oh, it’s been used plenty. But I haven’t been actively trying to get anyone banned since trying to join the MC.

Back