XGPS170D and Android

jaymark6655

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
jaymark6655
I just purchased the XGPS170D, cannot seem to get it to work.

I was planning on using it with a Kindle Fire HD 10 running Flt Plan Go, but when I connect through blue tooth, GPS stays connected for about 1 to 10 seconds.

Figured I would give my Samsung Galaxy S7 a try to work out what is going wrong, same problem. Tried downloading XGPS ADS-B Status and tried running with and without mock location. It shows connection to unit and charging status, but no GPS data or anything else. Tried other apps such as GPS 2 Bluetooth, Bluetooth GPS Output, GPS over BT, Bluetooth GPS. Nothing seems to be working, I must be missing something. Anyone know what it is?

If I recall, there's a slide switch on the side for connection to apple or android. Is it in the correct position?

If I recall, there's a slide switch on the side for connection to apple or android. Is it in the correct position?
No switch for apple or android. It has one on the side for Off, GPS, and GPS & ADS-B and a switch on the back for bright or dim LED. I have tried the unit in both switch positions.

No switch for apple or android. It has one on the side for Off, GPS, and GPS & ADS-B and a switch on the back for bright or dim LED. I have tried the unit in both switch positions.

Interesting. I just looked on mine, and if you place it on a table so the red DUAL spot reads left to right, there is a switch along the top edge that says "apple/other".

Attached some pictures, nothing on the right side or bottom.
20200406_090848.jpg 20200406_090903.jpg 20200406_090908.jpg

How about the top .

Attachments

• 20200406_125527.jpg
    20200406_125527.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 5
Strange, that is where the dim/bright switch is. I changed to the switch position just to see, nothing different occurred.

Maybe mine's an earlier model.
Sorry, that's all I got.

Back