Wisconsin Invaded by the Japs!

nddons

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Stan
View attachment 40438The CAF Wisconsin Wing and Stein's Aero in Waukesha hosted the Tora! Tora! Tora! flight team as they pre-positioned their aircraft at Waukesha before coming to Oshkosh next week. Great people. Several of us drove the pilots and crew to MKE so that they could catch a flight back home.

Pictures to follow.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    866.3 KB · Views: 82
Jap is an English abbreviation of the word "Japanese." Today it is generally regarded as an ethnic slur among Japanese minority populations in other countries, although English-speaking countries differ in the degree to which they consider the term offensive. In the United States, Japanese Americans have come to find the term controversial or offensive, even when used as an abbreviation.[1] In the past, Jap was not considered primarily offensive; however, during and after the events of World War II, the term became derogatory.[2]

Jap is an English abbreviation of the word "Japanese." Today it is generally regarded as an ethnic slur among Japanese minority populations in other countries, although English-speaking countries differ in the degree to which they consider the term offensive. In the United States, Japanese Americans have come to find the term controversial or offensive, even when used as an abbreviation.[1] In the past, Jap was not considered primarily offensive; however, during and after the events of World War II, the term became derogatory.[2]
Funny, I thought it meant Jewish American Princess.

In the context of discussing the war that The Japs started with us, and that WE ended, "Jap" is contextually appropriate. Have you seen any of the posters from the era? Yeah, they went a little too far; a single use of "Jap" does not.

Now, let's discuss airplanes and flying, and leave the PC bullsh!t out behind the hangar where it belongs. If you're offended, don't read it. You don't have a right to never be offended; I know this, because that idea offends me, so if you have the right, so do I and you are therefore offensive.

P.S.--how many people do you hear complaining about the Japanese Naval war flags flying on each of the planes? The Japanese flag is a red dot; only their war flags have the rays shooting out from the center. Talk about "offensive" and "derogatory," but you looked right past them.

Last edited:
Didn't take long for this thread to jump the track.

The Krauts called us "Amis."

In my experience, Japs are quite proud of being Japs. I got a history lesson on Friday about the Japanese internment camps throughout the US. Horrible deal for them. But you know what? For the most part, they were among the most patriotic individuals of the period. And deapite the crappy deals they had to endure, like forfeiting their homes and businesses at a loss, they snapped back.

These are the types of people I want to work with.

We watched the movie "Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines" Friday night at our chapter meeting.

Several of us commented about the fact that you could not make that movie today.

Funny how much we've changed in 40 years. We used to make movies like that and we watched an laughed and had a good time. Today, not so much.

In the context of discussing the war that The Japs started with us, and that WE ended, "Jap" is contextually appropriate. Have you seen any of the posters from the era? Yeah, they went a little too far; a single use of "Jap" does not.

Now, let's discuss airplanes and flying, and leave the PC bullsh!t out behind the hangar where it belongs. If you're offended, don't read it. You don't have a right to never be offended; I know this, because that idea offends me, so if you have the right, so do I and you are therefore offensive.

P.S.--how many people do you hear complaining about the Japanese Naval war flags flying on each of the planes? The Japanese flag is a red dot; only their war flags have the rays shooting out from the center. Talk about "offensive" and "derogatory," but you looked right past them.

You sure do (incorrectly) read a lot into a copy/paste from Wikipedia.

P.S you'll really love the monument the "Japs" put on Attu.

Last edited:
Is it true that the skins of WWII-era Japanese aircraft said "Pabst Blue Ribbon" under the paint?

Rich

We watched the movie "Those Magnificent Men in Their Flying Machines" Friday night at our chapter meeting.

Several of us commented about the fact that you could not make that movie today.

Funny how much we've changed in 40 years. We used to make movies like that and we watched an laughed and had a good time. Today, not so much.
Can you imagine the **** fit if Walt Disney's Peter Pan was shown in theaters today?

"what makes the red man, red....."

Is it true that the skins of WWII-era Japanese aircraft said "Pabst Blue Ribbon" under the paint?

Rich

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

With all the scrap metal that Japan bought from the US before the war, it may be true.

Wow. Not one post about the awesome planes that I saw today. If there was any group that I thought could focus on the contextual nature of the thread title, I thought it could be this one. I guess I was wrong.

Wow. Not one post about the awesome planes that I saw today. If there was any group that I thought could focus on the contextual nature of the thread title, I thought it could be this one. I guess I was wrong.

It's jealousy, Stan. I'll admit that.

Rich

What's "offensive or derogatory" about the Japanese flags? As far as the planes are concerned they are beautiful. The Japanese manufactured some very capable aircraft at the beginning of the war. Fortunately, for us their aviation industry couldn't keep up as the war went on. Now it's all history...so I fail to see the emotionality attached to so many of these posts.

What's "offensive or derogatory" about the Japanese flags? As far as the planes are concerned they are beautiful. The Japanese manufactured some very capable aircraft at the beginning of the war. Fortunately, for us their aviation industry couldn't keep up as the war went on. Now it's all history...so I fail to see the emotionality attached to so many of these posts.

You do know that these are not really Japanese airplanes, right?

I think the planes look awesome. I wish I lived closer to KUES that I could hop over there to see them. I guess I'll just have to hope to see them at Oshkosh.

Sidenote: my dad is recovering from hip surgery and I set him up on Netflix just last night to watch Tora! Tora! Tora!

Sidenote: my dad is recovering from hip surgery and I set him up on Netflix just last night to watch Tora! Tora! Tora!

"Fighter pilots bring geisha, but scare away the fish"

"If we're gonna probe John, Let's probe."

:rofl::lol:

]
Yes, except the Harvards were manufactured in Canada (hence my comment about the invaders being Canadian).

Well, at least then the invaders would be American.

Back