Wings of Hope Raffle #2

Got an email about it too... of note:
  • Aircraft is as nice as the last ones (good on them to focus on quality)
  • Quantity of tickets increased to 4000.
  • I too am a happy pilot that we get an additional opportunity to support their organization

Not sure if I'll bite on this one. Nothing wrong with a 172, especially one you get for the extremely low purchase price of a raffle ticket (plus applicable taxes). However, I wish they would have left the number of tickets the same, simply because the odds were better. Just need someone to donate a nice Comanche or Commander 114 for the next raffle!

I have thought about doing a raffle for a new plane....possibly a Cirrus.

Only 1000 tickets would be sold, at $10,000 a ticket.

Anyone interested?

Oh, the proceeds would go to the Increase My Bank Account Enrichment Fund....;)

I wonder if the extra tickets are to offset the panel update funds that goes with it.

Curtis & Leroy saw an ad on Craigslist and bought a mule for $100.

The farmer agreed to deliver the mule the next day.

The next morning the farmer drove up and said, "Sorry, fellers, I have some bad news, the mule died last night."

Curtis & Leroy replied, "Well, then just give us our money back.."

The farmer said, "Can't do that. I went and spent it already."

They said, "OK then, just bring us the dead mule."

The farmer asked, "What in the world ya'll gonna do with a dead mule?"

Curtis thought for a moment and said, "We gonna raffle him off."

The farmer said, "You can't raffle off a dead mule!"

Leroy said, "We shore can! Just watch us!"

A couple of weeks later, the farmer ran into Curtis & Leroy at the Co-Op grocery store and asked:

"What'd you fellers ever do with that dead mule?"

They said,"We raffled him off like we said we wuz gonna do."

Leroy said,"Shucks, we sold 500 tickets fer two dollars apiece and made a profit of $900."

The farmer said,"My Lord, didn't anyone complain?"

Curtis said, "Just one."

I too think they should have left it at 1000 tickets. But, I have a funny suspicion they will sell them all. That's a 200k Cessna! They will make a killing on this one if they sell out.

I'm in! Gonna look good flying my future 172 too! :fcross::biggrin:

Got mine...can't wait for them to deliver it to me!

So it will sell out way before december....have they said when the drawing will be? I will assume december..it will be a nice Christmas gift for me.

Simtech did you read the rules? No one from MS can win it. They can pay and enter but they already have the winner in Bama, ME! :D

I did read the rules and it says they too are tired of Alabama winning all the time so all Alabama ticket sales are null and void.hehe

I did read the rules and it says they too are tired of Alabama winning all the time so all Alabama ticket sales are null and void.hehe

No no! You're confusing it with a football raffle, not airplane. So yea, I could see restricting Bama from a football raffle. :D

ps Just hope we can finally beat Ole Miss this year!

I'm in, and yes. Would have been nice to keep it at 3k tix. Their last raffle went so fast because they were offering a 130kt 1,300lb useful beast with a Garmin 430.

Though, this being ADS-B compliant with the Garmin G5 +$10,000 for new radios is pretty sweet.

Got mine early this morning. Truth be told, I'd be thrilled with either of the prizes!

Less than 500 to go! Will they draw when 4000 sold or wait til Dec 12?

3:40 less than 500 left. Oh, and I am in so you can all move on. I have never won anything in my life, I am due!!

Basically, 4K in tickets sold in 12 hours.

When I,sell my plane, I'm gonna set up a faux raffle, cut them 10% for namesake usage and then pocket the rest. I'm gonna make a kill in'!!!

No kidding. can I legally setup a for profit raffle?

Ken, assuming you sell all tickets within a few days, will you do the drawing soon as well? I'd hate to have to wait 3 months to pick up my prize.

Back