Who's Hiring Requiring 250-450 Total Time?

Viper22

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Viper22
Hello all!

I should have approximately 250 hours total time after completing flight training.
Does anyone know of any companies hiring pilots with less than 500 hours total time? I did research and couldn’t find any. The lowest I found are Cape Air, Air Choice One, and Ameriflight requiring 500 hours total time. Would really appreciate the help. Looking for solid answers or links, no opinions please, thanks! :)

Hello all!

I should have approximately 250 hours total time after completing flight training.
Does anyone know of any companies hiring pilots with less than 500 hours total time? I did research and couldn’t find any. The lowest I found are Cape Air, Air Choice One, and Ameriflight requiring 500 hours total time. Would really appreciate the help. Looking for solid answers or links, no opinions please, thanks! :)
You don’t want “opinions”, but to me that sounds like you don’t want advice.

Here's an opinion for you. Go fly more than 250 hours before you think you can get paid to fly

Hello all!

Has your CFI explained job aviation hunting to you?

Towing gliders and flying jump planes seem to always be looking for pilots though the pay is minimal.

Hello all!

Just out of curiosity, what training are you involved in that is taking 250 hours? Will you have your IFR/MEL/CPL/ATP at the end of those 250 hours?

Just out of curiosity, what training are you involved in that is taking 250 hours? Will you have your IFR/MEL/CPL/ATP at the end of those 250 hours?

250 hours or so is pretty standard at these pilot factories. No ATP of course but all the other ratings usually takes around that much time.

250 hours or so is pretty standard at these pilot factories. No ATP of course but all the other ratings usually takes around that much time.

Because that is the minimum flight experience requirement to qualify for a commercial certificate. If someone can’t get everything done in 250 hours there are problems...

Well, there is a shortage of top-line French chefs, too. But there are plenty of burger flippers.
30612745.png

Hello all!

UPS will hire you off the street with zero time. Of course, you’ll be loading trucks, but it’s a great way to build time in a new career. ;)

You have to know people. Make some relationships and you might find some right seat part 91 time with a pilot who doesn't care about letting you get the time.

Just from being in CAP, I've met two guys who have offered that. There's also instructing. Friend of mine runs a flight school and has asked me to get my CFI because they need people.

But if you think you are going to find jobs like that posted publicly fresh out of the pilot mill, don't hold your breath.

Last edited:
The jobs that hire pilots with low time,don’t really pay a living wage,can you afford to live on a low wage?

Welcome to PoA, Viper.
What flight training specifically will you have? PPL ASEL? ASES? IR? AMEL? CPL?
How many PIC hours? How many in retracts, high-performance and complex?

While I frequently accuse CFIs of not teaching enough of the ancillary skills in aviation even I consider career counseling outside of their scope.
No, I meant minimum number hours for the various types of commercial flying. In the FARs or the AiM? I'm not sure.

Mom&Pop aerial survey companies. But those jobs won't show up on google or linkedin.

No, I meant minimum number hours for the various types of commercial flying. In the FARs or the AiM? I'm not sure.

Nah, it’s what the insurance man requires

You have to know people. Make some relationships and you might find some right seat part 91 time with a pilot who doesn't care about letting you get the time.

Just from being in CAP, I've met two guys who have offered that. There's also instructing. Friend of mine runs a flight school and has asked me to get my CFI because they need people.

But if you think you are going to find jobs like that posted publicly fresh out of the pilot mill, don't hold your breath.

This!!

Network at your local airport.

My first few flying gigs were 100% who I knew, and later, who knew me. They weren't great gigs for long term, but they were great gigs for time building.

Several people mentioned survey/mapping jobs, but alot of those are twins and want someone who actually knows what they're doing since it's single pilot. Especially the ones flying geared C404's, C421's, etc. that don't want you chewing up engines way before TBO.

Now, there are the Pictometry spawns with the 172's and some other single engine survey ops. But most of those are either poverty wages or you gotta know someone.

Back