When?

Dumb question. Is this fly-in just for POA posters? Or do you guys think "the more the merrier" or "all pilots are welcome?"

I am asking because I am friends (not in real life but on the phone) / in touch with pilots from non-POA roots and I told one of them I was going to a fly-in. He suggested I post / blog about it and I said "no" because I thought it was a POA only thing. He said all fly-ins are for all pilots, but I was not sure.

Just wanted to be polite. What do you guys think? I doubt anyone will come.

Kimberly

Dumb question. Is this fly-in just for POA posters? Or do you guys think "the more the merrier" or "all pilots are welcome?"
Or do you guys think "the more the merrier" or "all pilots are welcome?"

That is generally the answer.

OK, then tomorrow night, on national television, I will tell the world....

Just kidding. But I might tell a few people. I'm sure no one will go if I tell them about the bears and ticks and eggs in fire and broken tractors.... plus I don't even know if the pilots live near Michigan.

I am asking because I am friends (not in real life but on the phone) / in touch with pilots from non-POA roots and I told one of them I was going to a fly-in. He suggested I post / blog about it and I said "no" because I thought it was a POA only thing. He said all fly-ins are for all pilots, but I was not sure.

Just wanted to be polite. What do you guys think? I doubt anyone will come.

Kimberly

He's right. We also will be printing up flyers to pin up in various airports in MI, WI, IN, IL, MN, OH....

He's right. We also will be printing up flyers to pin up in various airports in MI, WI, IN, IL, MN, OH....

If you make it available electronically, I can put up a few on my side of the state.

The Fredericks are the souls of hospitality. I've not seen them turn anyone away. They even put up with yours truly.

I'm sure no one will go if I tell them about the bears and ticks and eggs in fire and broken tractors....

I don't want people to get the wrong impression about this fly-in. I know we jokingly make it sound like it's a wild and crazy time with all sorts of shennanigans, but it really is as tame of an event as you want it to be. Usually, the ones that are involved in the crazy stories ended up in those stories by their own actions.

It's a great event where the whole town (county?) shows up and hangs out. Some folks do some flying, some folks do some chatting, but everyone has a good time.

With that said - if you WANT to end up in one of the famous 6Y9 stories, that can be arranged very easily. ;)

I don't want people to get the wrong impression about this fly-in. I know we jokingly make it sound like it's a wild and crazy time with all sorts of shennanigans, but it really is as tame of an event as you want it to be. Usually, the ones that are involved in the crazy stories ended up in those stories by their own actions.

It's a great event where the whole town (county?) shows up and hangs out. Some folks do some flying, some folks do some chatting, but everyone has a good time.

With that said - if you WANT to end up in one of the famous 6Y9 stories, that can be arranged very easily. ;)

I may want to be in one of the famous stories, but if possible with all my dignity still intact. Is this possible to arrange?

Darn it. Well maybe one tenth of my dignity then?

Look....yer going somewhere in the middle of no-where, riding across a large lake in the ugliest single engine plane known to man (at least in the western hemisphere).

Where exactly does dignity enter the picture?

Look....yer going somewhere in the middle of no-where, riding across a large lake in the ugliest single engine plane known to man (at least in the western hemisphere).

Where exactly does dignity enter the picture?

Good point.

Oh my gosh this is getting so funny I almost peed my pants.

Wait - I should be posting that in the pee thread.

Kimberly

Oh my gosh this is getting so funny I almost peed my pants.

Wait - I should be posting that in the pee thread.

Kimberly

Those with weak bladder control must inform the pilot prior to loading.

We have sick sacks but they only work on 1 end.

Signs I have seen in terminals.....

Those with weak bladder control must inform the pilot prior to loading.

We have sick sacks but they only work on 1 end.

Signs I have seen in terminals.....

I have a bladder of steel. My long solo cross country took (including everything) at least 4-6 hours and I only went to the bathroom once, at an FBO, but could have gone without. No need for me to warn any pilots about anything.....

Just so you realize who's who Kim, Diz(aster) is Ed's mom (who frequently gets mistaken for his sister).

Wait, he talks to his Mom that way? Get back in the kitchen, woman?

Also, I now want to go and delete any posts which were not very lady-like. Did not realize the parents were monitoring the frequency too.

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Frederick: Ignore most, if not all, of what I say on the internet. I swear that it is not true and someone probably took over my computer to give me a bad reputation.

Kimberly

Also, I now want to go and delete any posts which were not very lady-like. Did not realize the parents were monitoring the frequency too.

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Frederick: Ignore most, if not all, of what I say on the internet. I swear that it is not true and someone probably took over my computer to give me a bad reputation.

Kimberly
Did I mention that his dad, Brad, is on here too? :rofl:

Hey, you made your bed/copilot seat; now lie in it! :)

Did I mention that his dad, Brad, is on here too? :rofl:

Hey, you made your bed/copilot seat; now lie in it! :)

Why do you think I wrote "Dear Mr. and Mrs." ?

I was writing to apologize to both of them.

Yes, I am kind of screwed now that I found out after the fact. I wish I had one of those time machines so I could erase it all . . . and only have posts of gum drops and lollipops (not the pee thread and whatever else....)

Why do you think I wrote "Dear Mr. and Mrs." ?

I was writing to apologize to both of them.

Yes, I am kind of screwed now that I found out after the fact. I wish I had one of those time machines so I could erase it all . . . and only have posts of gum drops and lollipops (not the pee thread and whatever else....)
Isn't it nice that "the Internet is forever!" :yikes:

It's usually followed by a flying object coming from her direction with Ed making quick leaps in the opposite direction. Diz holds her own (with all of us). ;)

It's usually followed by a flying object coming from her direction with Ed making quick leaps in the opposite direction. Diz holds her own (with all of us). ;)

Yeah, usually a spatula, or stirring spoon, cause she's well.....in the kitchen.

I was one of the ones who mistook Diz for Ed's sister. Not a hard mistake, either.

No apologies necessary! With regard to "Wait he talks to his mom that way?" you would have to understand our family humor which is a lot of times at my expense....

And no fears about me monitoring....I would call it something more in the line of staying ahead of Mr. Murphy--who happens to make me his number one target. ugh.

Since I fly right seat, my desire to be on the board is only to stay informed on many scenarios and the understanding of what makes that machine stay in the air......this seems to be a logical place for me to do just that. Lots of info....and this time of year I am more connected only because of the 6Y9 fly in....

Also related to Murphy, I have not yet succeeded with the pinch hitter course. Long story-- but to brief that, our plane got sick and my CFI was not available for months. (yes Ed is a CFI --- "dynamics" I say....."dynamics") :)

So rest assured, we are looking forward to welcoming you to 6Y9 for the first time, and also looking forward to seeing old friends and familar faces and hopefully adding to that more newbies.

No apologies necessary! With regard to "Wait he talks to his mom that way?" you would have to understand our family humor which is a lot of times at my expense....

And no fears about me monitoring....I would call it something more in the line of staying ahead of Mr. Murphy--who happens to make me his number one target. ugh.

Since I fly right seat, my desire to be on the board is only to stay informed on many scenarios and the understanding of what makes that machine stay in the air......this seems to be a logical place for me to do just that. Lots of info....and this time of year I am more connected only because of the 6Y9 fly in....

Also related to Murphy, I have not yet succeeded with the pinch hitter course. Long story-- but to brief that, our plane got sick and my CFI was not available for months. (yes Ed is a CFI --- "dynamics" I say....."dynamics") :)

So rest assured, we are looking forward to welcoming you to 6Y9 for the first time, and also looking forward to seeing old friends and familar faces and hopefully adding to that more newbies.

I am a "newbie" all right. And with my luck, I will still be a student pilot in September when I meet you so a true newbie with very little airplane knowledge!

Thank you for the warm welcome. I look forward to meeting you.

Oh and I can COMPLETELY understand about the humor at your expense thing. It is great to see that you take it so well.

Kimberly

Dear All
Yes this is Brad, Ed's Dad, personal slave to Diz for the last 39 years.
Concerning Ed: He's mostly like his Mom:rofl: I tried working with him in his formative years but....
Concerning thinking Diz is Ed's sister: it's because I have lavishly provided such an easy lifestyle for her :rofl:
Concerning Ed having a sister: He has one,She looks like she could be Ed's mother:rofl:
Concerning Diz: She is so lucky I found her back when .:rofl:
Concerning Diz back in the kitchenwoman: the conversation last night was " What are we having for dinner Dear? "I dunno ,what do think hon? "what do you want me to make?" Uhh how bout we go to Olive Garden.;)
Concerning Kimberley: Hey ,I'm liking you already, don't change a thing.
Concerning the Ugliest Plane: Both Ed's Commanche and my Cherokee aren't much to look at on the outside,but it's what's on the inside that counts"right", that would be the awesome good looking pilots:rofl:
Looks like it's going to be a fun 6Y9 2011 Fly In:goofy:

Dear All
Yes this is Brad, Ed's Dad, personal slave to Diz for the last 39 years.
Concerning Ed: He's mostly like his Mom:rofl: I tried working with him in his formative years but....
Concerning thinking Diz is Ed's sister: it's because I have lavishly provided such an easy lifestyle for her :rofl:
Concerning Ed having a sister: He has one,She looks like she could be Ed's mother:rofl:
Concerning Diz: She is so lucky I found her back when .:rofl:
Concerning Diz back in the kitchenwoman: the conversation last night was " What are we having for dinner Dear? "I dunno ,what do think hon? "what do you want me to make?" Uhh how bout we go to Olive Garden.;)
Concerning Kimberley: Hey ,I'm liking you already, don't change a thing.
Concerning the Ugliest Plane: Both Ed's Commanche and my Cherokee aren't much to look at on the outside,but it's what's on the inside that counts"right", that would be the awesome good looking pilots:rofl:
Looks like it's going to be a fun 6Y9 2011 Fly In:goofy:

Thank you for such kind words. We'll see if you still don't want me to change a thing after the 6Y9 "adventures."

Looking forward to meeting you and your wife,

Kimberly

My dad says that too.

That's an oft-heard line around this house too, between me and Mrs. Denverpilot. :rofl:

Wish I could make it out to 6Y9 to meet y'all. You're already having fun and you're not even there yet! :)

Wish I could make it out to 6Y9 to meet y'all. You're already having fun and you're not even there yet! :)

You can have fun with us before the big event! Maybe I'm having the most fun since I'm probably the only one who bought a commercial airline ticket which will have me travel all day, on two "big" planes (and then more hours and hours of travel to get to 6Y9 by small plane).

So . . . I have to make sure it is fun since I'll spend almost as much time in transit as I will at 6Y9!

You can have fun with us before the big event! Maybe I'm having the most fun since I'm probably the only one who bought a commercial airline ticket which will have me travel all day, on two "big" planes (and then more hours and hours of travel to get to 6Y9 by small plane).

So . . . I have to make sure it is fun since I'll spend almost as much time in transit as I will at 6Y9!

I will probably spend more time traveling than you.

Back