When?

Forgive me, I was thinking of Palomar Mountain road and its ilk, where you hit the line wrong you go off a cliff. That said, any road can be quite dangerous if taken at the wrong speed by the wrong rider. Good you stopped riding with that crowd, bad you gave up on bikes. They're way cool, and loads cheaper than airplanes. And you can ride all year round.

Parts of the road I posted pictures of ARE NOT PROTECTED (no guard rail) at least I think so. If not, I have been on roads that you could "fall off" of. I don't think it is a bad thing I gave up on bikes. I still have all my gear and really don't think I am that good of a rider anyways.

Parts of the road I posted pictures of ARE NOT PROTECTED (no guard rail) at least I think so. If not, I have been on roads that you could "fall off" of. I don't think it is a bad thing I gave up on bikes. I still have all my gear and really don't think I am that good of a rider anyways.

I KNOW I'm a crappy rider. That's why I don't try and outdo anyone, or stunt, or drag knees on the street or anything like that. And like I said, I've been riding longer than you've been able to do anything except maybe crawl and poo yourself.

Cruise control is not what I meant by "throttle thingie". The moto group I belonged to didn't ride "touring" models. They wore full gear and went to track days and had "race" bikes aka crotch rockets. I soon stopped going on group rides since I did not want to hold anyone up . . . even in my CBR I was getting passed by minivans. I was a wuss when it came to no guard rails on mountain roads, I always looked DOWN (yikes) and remembered about things like black ice, oil slicks, crazy drivers, wild life, construction pot holes, and all the other things that could send me to an early grave.....

So I sold my motorcycle and now am doing something much less risky - flying! LOL. At least now when I look down being up high is a "safe" thing and not a scary thing.

Guard rails aren't really that much safer than no guard rails. You die if you hit the guard rail at high speed or you die if you go off of the cliff. Not much of a difference either way, really...

Keep it between the lines. Only go as fast as you feel comfortable. Easy peasy...

Guard rails aren't really that much safer than no guard rails. You die if you hit the guard rail at high speed or you die if you go off of the cliff. Not much of a difference either way, really...

Keep it between the lines. Only go as fast as you feel comfortable. Easy peasy...
I think that a motorcycle rider would just flip over the guard rail.

Trick is to stay upright anyway. If a putz like me can do it for decades, I really doubt it's that hard.

Back