What's on your Black Friday shopping list

I usually hit up the local big box hardware store that has a garden center for cheap poinsettias. That's about it, and I do that after i've had my turkey & cranberry brunch sandwich. This year I may pickup an extra set of screw drivers - can't ever seem to have enough.

Oh. And maybe a new cheap mattress for the guest room, but I'll probably cyber monday that. It's past it's useful life.

Maybe another frozen turkey for Christmas. :)

I've been known to mess with people on black friday, or any day from now on until christmas. I'll go to the mall, and hopefully get a decent parking spot. Go inside, get a cup of coffee, or make my purchases one at a time. Walk out, and get in my car. I'll sit for a minute, then get out and go back in. Nothing is greater than people who stop thinking you are leaving and they get a parking space, only for them to be disappointed. Yeah, I can be a heartless @sshole at times.

My wife and I will go to the local Christmas tree lot and select our tree. It will be cut and delivered in a few weeks. Then we load up the car and head across the state for the Apple Cup on Saturday evening. Drive home on Sunday. Shopping with the crowds? No thanks. BTDT, not this year.

May be looking for a deal on an I Phone 6 x,other than that staying home.

We went to Walmart early this morning to beat the crowds. Most heavy drinkers don't shop early in the morning. www.donreddick.com/tr_47.html We beat the crowds alright. Also beat the cashiers. 2 out of 36 checkout lanes open, about 15 carts waiting at each lane. The time we saved shopping early was wiped out by not having cashiers.

I complained. First to the manager on duty then to the brick wall. Got the same results with both.

As for gifts, I find that as my friends and I get older we appreciate gift cards more. We have all we need, and useless brik-a-brak is just useless to us. Except for my wife. She still appreciates gifts. I just wish I wasn't such a bad picker of gifts. I am not sure she will appreciate the John Wayne toilette paper I bought her.

I've been known to mess with people on black friday, or any day from now on until christmas. I'll go to the mall, and hopefully get a decent parking spot. Go inside, get a cup of coffee, or make my purchases one at a time. Walk out, and get in my car. I'll sit for a minute, then get out and go back in. Nothing is greater than people who stop thinking you are leaving and they get a parking space, only for them to be disappointed. Yeah, I can be a heartless @sshole at times.

I may have a new hobby...

Except, fire the car up and put it in reverse for about 10 seconds before shutting down....yeah...

You can just walk through the lot holding your keys, no need to actually get in your car. Keeps em guessing. And when you do go to your car for real, walk down the aisle over then cut through. Used to do that stuff every year now I'd rather just stay away from it all.

Why, in an era where I can order and receive ANYTHING in my home, whilst sitting in my LazyBoy, would I fight traffic and stand in line on Black Friday?

Black Friday is an IQ test...

Indeed. The deals are not worth it anyway.

How about on "Cyber Monday"?

I've gotten myself onto a few retailer email lists over the years, and it seems EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM is sending daily emails since last week, each with some big coupon code or deal, pre-Black Friday specials, etc. I believe their plan is to get you to finish your shopping list and/or blow your budget BEFORE Black Friday this year. Crazy.

I'll be nowhere near any retailer for the next week... but I'll likely order some stuff. Very little reason to go fight those mobs any more.

Slightly OT.... my male friends and I never exchanged gifts save a once every couple of years gag gift of some sort. We've all sort of looked at it as silly since if there was some >$20 item we really wanted we'd just buy it ourselves.

My wife and her female friends on the other hand are getting gifts for everybody. They always seem to have to get someone something. Her family is now bugging me through her for me to tell them what I want. I don't want anything... seriously if it was something cheap enough I felt comfortable asking for it, I'd just buy it myself. But that's not an acceptable answer. Not sure what to do this year I've just asked for replacement clothes every time but that's wearing thin...

Also, I always see the banks offering holiday loans and hearing of high credit card bills around the holidays. You want to give me something? Don't go into debt for me.. please. Save your money, be secure and happy so I don't have to worry about you. That's a perfectly valid gift.

Firearms, depending on what ends up on sale. Seeing some of the sales posted already, its very obvious that some retailers are sitting on inventory they need to get rid of.

Firearms, depending on what ends up on sale. Seeing some of the sales posted already, its very obvious that some retailers are sitting on inventory they need to get rid of.

Gun industry got greedy. Lots of inventory floating around.

Gun industry got greedy. Lots of inventory floating around.

It wasn't greed they had an over 2 year spike in demand... But inventories are built up now, so now there are a lot of promotions Mauk in rebates, extra mags, etc

It wasn't greed they had an over 2 year spike in demand... But inventories are built up now, so now there are a lot of promotions Mauk in rebates, extra mags, etc

It was greed.

Make hay while the sunshines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have to drive past Walmart, Target, Pennys, and a host of other box stores on my way to work friday morning. I just want to get to work in one piece and on time.

They didn't get greedy, they were just supplying a demand. A demand at a super high price paid by fools.

Kinda sounds like greed where you take advantage of foolish people for unsustainable profits.

Man, I am always broke this time of year and I always swear next year I am going to get some deals.

Last year I was fresh off my PPL. This year shoulder surgery, kid illnesses and my company closing down.

Now next year
I am going to get some deals :)

My only Want (not need) that I would get out there for is a deal on a TV. I want to switch from computer monitors to TV. I was checking out a video card I have and I brought a 42 inch flat panel to my home office and hooked it to the computer.

That was awesome. Naturally I just played flight sim on it but I want to get away from these little square computer monitors.

If I see a stellar deal on a smallish TV, I might have to deal with the insanity.
Not stellar but Amazon has a 32" Samsung TV for under $250

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K4UIO9K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Rolling tool box to get my reloading bench better organized.

I'm embarrassed to say it would take more than a rolling tool box to get my reloading bench organized ... more like a roll-off dumpster :(

Y'all are welcome to donate to the cause of getting mine built. Haha.

I need three tractor trailer loads of 3/4" mountain granite for the driveway. That'll probably be my big holiday gift to myself. Exciting. Need a run of dry days long enough the driveway dries out so the big rigs don't make new ruts.

I want a new Sig. I don't need a new Sig, but I want a new Sig. 227 TACOPS would be nice.

Bought a back-up ipad mini with 32gb for $275 at Best Buy yesterday. Now we have his and hers ipads.

Sorry to hear about your shoulder Bryan.

Headng out for dinner, brakes headed to the floor. Looks like it will be a repair. Makes since because I just both the title back.

anyone know where I can get 40%+ off on a mooney?

Back