What's on your Black Friday shopping list

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
For yourself or family, what's on the gotta have list that would put you in the middle of the madness?

Nothing, I refuse to drive to the DFW Metromess and deal with it. I'm happy to pay a little more to keep me out of that chaos. Thankfully, I have the two people I buy for each year taken care of already.

Nothing I can think of, unless they have 50% off on an Aviat Huskey.

Absolutely nothing. Tomorrow (tuesday) I'll head over to a pet store and buy gifts for 7 dogs (belonging to friends). Maybe for a couple of cats, too.

staying away from all stores

Absolutely nothing. Tomorrow (tuesday) I'll head over to a pet store and buy gifts for 7 dogs (belonging to friends). Maybe for a couple of cats, too.
Oh you do that too (give gifts to people's pets). It seems silly when you reach a certain age for people to exchange gifts that they either don't really want, or if they wanted something would buy themselves.

Balls. Puppy is getting neutered. A very black Friday for him.

Would never do anything cosmetic to a dog. It is a cultural difference everyone in the north sfixes their dogs. Ask the puppy flight folks they move all your bastard puppies up here where you can't get a free dog anymore cause there are never puppy accidents in town.

Would never do anything cosmetic to a dog. It is a cultural difference everyone in the north sfixes their dogs. Ask the puppy flight folks they move all your bastard puppies up here where you can't get a free dog anymore cause there are never puppy accidents in town.

Meh, my dogs ain't never got another dog pregnant. Just be a responsible owner and you don't have to mutilate animals.

Why, in an era where I can order and receive ANYTHING in my home, whilst sitting in my LazyBoy, would I fight traffic and stand in line on Black Friday?

Black Friday is an IQ test...

Man, I am always broke this time of year and I always swear next year I am going to get some deals.

Last year I was fresh off my PPL. This year shoulder surgery, kid illnesses and my company closing down.

Now next year
I am going to get some deals :)

My only Want (not need) that I would get out there for is a deal on a TV. I want to switch from computer monitors to TV. I was checking out a video card I have and I brought a 42 inch flat panel to my home office and hooked it to the computer.

That was awesome. Naturally I just played flight sim on it but I want to get away from these little square computer monitors.

If I see a stellar deal on a smallish TV, I might have to deal with the insanity.

The Virginia ABC stores are having a 10% off sale on Black Friday. Other than that, I'm not going shopping that day.

Well, I have no friends so the only thing I'm looking for is a deal on a backup handheld radio for myself.

iPad Air 2- all models are $100 off at Best Buy on Friday..

I hope that people are enjoying the Black Friday deals on new Fords!! Cause that's where I'll be! :D
I wouldn't get out in that crowd if the crap was free!! :mad2:

Bricks and Mortar stores?

Don't want to go near them any day of the year, especially that one.

I will be at the Iowa Nebraska game. That is a good way to spend the day after Thanksgiving.

I find it curious that seconds after the entire country stops to observe a day of thanksgiving, hoards of folks are perfectly happy to trample one another to get to a deal on a TV.

Don't they know they go to Missouri and just steal one?

Absolutely nothing. I stay far far away from any retail places.

Not necessarily for Black Friday, but my wife needs a new laptop. Hers is about 7 years old and has used up 90% of her 35GB hard drive. And she is an aspiring photographer and starting to use photo editing software not to mention downloading lots of photos. She is constantly rolling files off to an external backup drive. And hers is as slow as molasses. Gonna get her one with an I7 processor and at least 8GB memory and 1TB disk.

The Virginia ABC stores are having a 10% off sale on Black Friday. Other than that, I'm not going shopping that day.

I was going to say nothing, but thanks for the tip. Time to restock....

Why, in an era where I can order and receive ANYTHING in my home, whilst sitting in my LazyBoy, would I fight traffic and stand in line on Black Friday?

Black Friday is an IQ test...

Exactly.

To assure him a longer happier life.
(You don't miss what you don't know).

That is false. There are way more downsides to getting your animal fixed than leaving them intact. BS made up by the same people that seem to think a carnivore should eat grains. My brother bought his French Mastiff from a premier breeder and part of the contract was that you were not allowed to neuter the animal. Only exemption was if there was a medical reason such as a nut not dropping. Even then, the animal must be 5 years old before they will allow it. It stunts their mental development. Neutering pit bulls too early is a good part of why they have a bad reputation. It can also cause joint problems since it affects physical development as well. I have a male Neapolitan Mastiff and a female pit bull, both unaltered and no puppies. Both dogs can be given more than one command at once and they will follow them. I leave their treats within their reach, never had them get treats without permission. Do some research, I'm sure you will be considering a new vet with current training if your animals mean anything to you.

I hope that people are enjoying the Black Friday deals on new Fords!! Cause that's where I'll be! :D
I wouldn't get out in that crowd if the crap was free!! :mad2:

Isn't every month "Ford Truck Month" anyway? :yesnod:

How about on "Cyber Monday"?

I'm pretty sure all the deals we're interested in will be CyberMonday deals. I'm actually after a 3d printer if I can sift through all the malarkey first. :)

I have an intense hatred of shopping to begin with. Homie flat out don't do Black Friday. No thank you. I seem to always be in a rush to get stuff during the first couple weeks of December but I usually just run in the store, buy my stuff and get the HELL out of there.

I bought a round of various IPads for everyone, except me. That is 3 of various configurations.

Instead of joining any madness I just went online to Wal-Mart. The prices were fine and free shipping to the house.

I forgot that it was so close to the shopping season and went to the mall to pick something up last weekend. Big mistake. I had a hard time even finding place to park in a very large parking lot. Won't make that mistake again... until next time. All I can say is that the economy must be doing well here as this was a fairly upscale mall.

Well, I have no friends so the only thing I'm looking for is a deal on a backup handheld radio for myself.

If you want I will be your friend and you can buy me something. ;)

I can always walk thru Home Depot and Lowes on Black Friday and come out with a year's worth of tool purchases.

Saving $500 on stuff we need is worth the effort of an hour or two.

I hear there's lots of free (and deeply discounted) stuff available in Ferguson today...

There is not one thing in all of God's Creation that would draw me out on Friday.

There's a shopping area near me that is officially off-limits for me for the rest of the year as of this week.

I'm driving 5+ hours on Friday to finish a side job that evening and all day Saturday. :(
No shopping for me.

But I will make some decent $$$$ to pay for flying so :yes:

I doubt I'll hit a store until well after Christmas.

I don't chop tails, clip ears or cut off balls. I love certainly wouldn't want it done to me so ain't doing it to my buddy.

Lots of folks down that way agree with you. That's one of the reasons for the pet population explosion, and why there are members of this board devoted to rescuing dogs from down there and bringing them up here where we do tend to neuter them.

That said, I left my boy dog intact for years. I did keep a close eye on him though, and little dogs are pretty easily controlled (the only command he responds to is to come, and that's only when he's offered beer). That said, he went a bit psychotic one year while I was away, and Mrs. Steingar took him for his reverse bar mitzvah. Happened to the boy dog of a friend of mine, and the vet said that it isn't uncommon at all for boy dogs.

If girl dogs are left un-neutered their chances of developing mammary carcinomas goes through the roof. Definitely get your girls snipped unless you plan to breed them. You'll do them a world of good.

Back