What resources do you use to find other pilots to fly with?

I just use this forum. There are so many here that I'd love to fly with that I haven't met. I've met a total of three so far and I'd fly with any of them. Good people. Walt, Jeff and Tim, we need to do it again sometime. I'd list those here I haven't met that I'd like to fly with but I'd surely leave someone out and I don't want to hurt any feelings.

Sharing flight time and experience is a good thing. If anyone is in the BNA area I would be happy to share a flight. I could use a safety pilot so I can get under the hood and knock the rust off after a 14yr absence from flying. I fly out of JWN (Tune)

MF

Flown with two different guys from right here on POA

A few of us on PoA started up a Facebook group for pilots in our area. It's been a great resource for finding people to split time with, learning about events in the region and general networking.

Thanks all for the comments and input, my original question was posed because I've been working on trying to find a better way to find others to fly with - sort of a LinkedIn for pilots thing. Would anyone find something like that useful?

@SkyDog58 I did earn my PPL at KCOS, but did Seaplane/Instrument in Seattle and am now in the Los Angeles area.

A few of us on PoA started up a Facebook group for pilots in our area. It's been a great resource for finding people to split time with, learning about events in the region and general networking.

Is your group in the southeast, by chance?

... and am now in the Los Angeles area.

oh, bummer. no GA pilots in the LA basin. It was causing poor air quality.

Actually, that is isn't true. There are plenty. And if you say which area airport you fly out of they'll talk to you.

oh, bummer. no GA pilots in the LA basin. It was causing poor air quality.

Actually, that is isn't true. There are plenty. And if you say which area airport you fly out of they'll talk to you.

Yeah, that struck me as funny as well. LA Basin is filled with GA aircraft.

@Ravioli @labbadabba I fly out of Torrance, and in fact already have a few buddies to fly with who I met through similar methods that were suggested on this thread. The reason I started this discussion in the first place is to learn more about how other people find pilots to fly with - I'm working on an application that could make that process easier. Not necessarily trying to find more safety pilots at this time. I really appreciate all the responsiveness though.

We need an app for that?

Good luck.

Make sure it interfaces with farcebook, foolflight, and grinder. Price it right and you're kickin'!

Back