What kind of wife should I get?

Photoshop the hell out of a Glamour Shot.

:D

attachment.php

Attachments

• EdFred.jpg
    EdFred.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 103
Had to be from 2009, as I have the old #2 com still in, the tip tanks aren't installed, and my clock isn't installed.

This has been one heck of a thread.... PoA gold for sure...

Ed, the self deprecating nature you are displaying here strikes me as a bit out of character. You should display this more often.

This is going to sound like Tony Robbins, but you should get the kind of wife you deserve. Or, on the other hand, don't get one at all and fire up the interwebz dating profiles and have a grand old time.

Happy Hunting

What in heaven's name makes you think YOU get to choose?

^^^^^This. THEY choose you. You really don't have a say in the matter. Get used to that.

Think electrical, and mechanical failure at night in hard IMC in the mountains. That's what it's like.

^^^^^This. THEY choose you. You really don't have a say in the matter. Get used to that.

Think electrical, and mechanical failure at night in hard IMC in the mountains. That's what it's like.

Man, I feel like the fat kid when teams for kickball are being picked.

This has been one heck of a thread.... PoA gold for sure...

Ed, the self deprecating nature you are displaying here strikes me as a bit out of character. You should display this more often.

This is going to sound like Tony Robbins, but you should get the kind of wife you deserve. Or, on the other hand, don't get one at all and fire up the interwebz dating profiles and have a grand old time.

Happy Hunting

I would probably get the Wicked Witch of the West if I got what I deserved.
But like the song, "there ain't nothin like a dame" I have a wife who is "bright", and "faithful as a bird dog and as kind as Santa Claus."

You could always opt to buy the reliable workhorse model, and then rent when you want something a little more exciting. Or borrow from your friends. Just make sure they are okay with you borrowing, it is not good to just borrow without asking first. That is frowned on generally.

Well, I was being a bit facetious. Hang in there man, it'll happen.

I know you were trying to make Ed feel better, but there are demographic age curves where marriage potential wanes, and I think Ed is in that age range. Fortunately, we live in the internet age and finding a suitable long term mate is possible if one learns a few rules of the game.

My opinion is based on my successful nuptials, meeting my wife on Yahoo Personals (accidentally), at a moment when I thought I should wait another 1-3 years to go wife shopping - then there she was and I knew it was foolish to let her pass me by. I'm getting emotional thinking about it.

I know you were trying to make Ed feel better, but there are demographic age curves where marriage potential wanes, and I think Ed is in that age range. Fortunately, we live in the internet age and finding a suitable long term mate is possible if one learns a few rules of the game.

My opinion is based on my successful nuptials, meeting my wife on Yahoo Personals (accidentally), at a moment when I thought I should wait another 1-3 years to go wife shopping - then there she was and I knew it was foolish to let her pass me by. I'm getting emotional thinking about it.

Glad you are happy. I agree, but you don't need to get married to have a good, long term relationship, especially when older, and not having kids, etc. Of course, I am the absolute LAST one to ask about marriage.

So Ed. Do the OPPOSITE of anything I say. :D

Seriously, have you considered that anti social behavior isn't the most effective way to get a bride? :lol:

I think you should start with a live woman and go from there.

Depending on how tall you are, you should get a wife just a little more than half your height, preferably with a flat head to set your beer and big ears for . . .
never mind.
edit: oh yeah, no teeth is a bonus.

That's reaching pretty far, maybe an inflatable one first...

I'll double down on that...

I would suggest a LIVE, Heterosexual Woman and go from there.

Wasn't it the late Senator Jesse Helms that said, "The only things that will get a US Senator out of office are a dead girl, or a live boy....?"

Like most stuff these days, they just don't make 'em like they used too. The newer models look fancy on the outside, but the quality control is pretty poor these days, and way too expensive. I suggest going with a good older model, mid time, midwest based. I personally don't mind if it's not cosmetically perfect as long as it's structurally and mechanically sound. I know this sounds nitpicky, but I'd prefer one with really nice knobs, a good looking empennage, and a really clean undercarriage, but YMMV. Be sure and take a quick peek behind the panel, because sometimes a nice looking one can have some serious wiring issues.

Just do a thorough prebuy. I have some friends that bought the nicest looking one they could afford, but they ended up being in terrible shape on the inside, and ended up costing them a ton of money and lots of heartache. Now they couldn't sell them if they tried.

Now, what about one from Florida? Most of them are pretty vintage and often had long term prior owners, who however eventually passed away.
I heard that even though such models spent many years outside in the sun and the harsh humid climate, many of them offer great financial benefits if you are willing to take proper care of them... :confused: :dunno: :rolleyes: :D

Now, what about one from Florida? Most of them are pretty vintage and often had long term prior owners, who however eventually passed away.
I heard that even though such models spent many years outside in the sun and the harsh humid climate, many of them offer great financial benefits if you are willing to take proper care of them... :confused: :dunno: :rolleyes: :D

Billionaires die 65-72; billionaires' widows dy 92-95.:D

First we need to know what is your mission?

Geez with these newbies...

The corrosion problems are usually quite hideous, however.

Like most stuff these days, they just don't make 'em like they used too. The newer models look fancy on the outside, but the quality control is pretty poor these days, and way too expensive. I suggest going with a good older model, mid time, midwest based. I personally don't mind if it's not cosmetically perfect as long as it's structurally and mechanically sound. I know this sounds nitpicky, but I'd prefer one with really nice knobs, a good looking empennage, and a really clean undercarriage, but YMMV. Be sure and take a quick peek behind the panel, because sometimes a nice looking one can have some serious wiring issues.

Just do a thorough prebuy. I have some friends that bought the nicest looking one they could afford, but they ended up being in terrible shape on the inside, and ended up costing them a ton of money and lots of heartache. Now they couldn't sell them if they tried.

Great advice! Were I looking i would feel the same way.

Back