What kind of commercial, for hire work, can I do in a Navajo?

And this kind of comment positively contributes to the discussion, how? dtuurri, please go lay by your dish until the urge to be nasty passes. It is completely inappropriate. My favorite internet cartoon: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Internet_dog.jpg
First, I like that cartoon too. To answer your question "How?" it's to get those who take themselves too seriously to reveal themselves, I guess. This place is loaded with 'em. I thought Piperpilot's thread was too good to pass up for having some fun, but the Killjoys are coming out of the woodwork. Time to move on...

First, I like that cartoon too. To answer your question "How?" it's to get those who take themselves too seriously to reveal themselves, I guess. This place is loaded with 'em. I thought Piperpilot's thread was too good to pass up for having some fun, but the Killjoys are coming out of the woodwork. Time to move on...
Perhaps you were just wrong in your assessment??

Perhaps you were just wrong in your assessment??
Of whether Piperpilot is a real airline pilot? I didn't care either way. The logbook is a good fake, if it's a fake. Not adding the day and night to equal total flight time being sheer genius. No real pilot keeping minutes could ever get them to add correctly. So, I'm leaning a little toward real at this point because NOBODY could be that good a faker!

dtuuri

That's twice dtuuri has mentioned NOBODY. I hope he knows that NOBODY has not posted for a couple years now. I think NOBODY has left this forum but can't be sure.

It's apparent a couple of posters in the thread have quite a few hours experience being a total dick.

Last edited:
Reactions: SDB
Damn... you guys are rough. Actually rude.

Give the guy a break. I'm miffed why so many people here want to drive off new members.

My electronic log uses minutes vs tenths, and I'm a 20,000 guy.

Yeah I have no trouble believing that a 20,000 hr airline pilot has no idea what is going on in the 91/135 world. An airline pilot does not need to think about these things if they don't want to. You just show up when/where the company tells you and do your job.

Anyway I hope the OP finds something to do with his Navajo. I wouldn't expect to make much of a living off of it, but it sounds like this is a retirement job and I would expect you could do a little better than break-even and have fun flying a Navajo around.

Last edited:
You got it down pat Ren. We have layers of departments working for us. We come and do the very core of this business - take 180 or 230 passengers depending which airplane I get on a given day, 24/7/365 in all weather conditions, sometimes hellacious, and deliver them with the highest level of safety, and as comfortably as possible. We also undergo multitude of training, both theoretical and practical to stay in top shape. Part 91 is quite familiar to me. Part 135 - I doubt that I'll ever get into, just too involving.

At 60 I have 5 years to retirement. I will have an option to stay on as a simulator instructor. But I have a love affair with the Navajo. I will fly it for my own purposes for few years, upgrade it to my liking, then in about 4 years or so, slowly introduce my service - probably some sightseeing under 136, bit of dual, bit of pleasure flying, trying to give back to the community what I was blessed with - the wonder of flight, for a reasonable fee. Part time.

Thanks for the input guys.

You got it down pat Ren. We have layers of departments working for us. We come and do the very core of this business - take 180 or 230 passengers depending which airplane I get on a given day, 24/7/365 in all weather conditions, sometimes hellacious, and deliver them with the highest level of safety, and as comfortably as possible. We also undergo multitude of training, both theoretical and practical to stay in top shape. Part 91 is quite familiar to me. Part 135 - I doubt that I'll ever get into, just too involving.

At 60 I have 5 years to retirement. I will have an option to stay on as a simulator instructor. But I have a love affair with the Navajo. I will fly it for my own purposes for few years, upgrade it to my liking, then in about 4 years or so, slowly introduce my service - probably some sightseeing under 136, bit of dual, bit of pleasure flying, trying to give back to the community what I was blessed with - the wonder of flight, for a reasonable fee. Part time.

Thanks for the input guys.

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAhSAAAAJDJjMDFhNWU1LWVkNzItNDg4YS04OTZmLTE1YjE0YzRkOGU3Zg.jpg

WOW! that's so cool. Thanks for posting paflyer.

A Frontier Convair 580 was my first airliner ride. I still have the Junior Pilot certificate the flight attendant filled out and the captain signed in 1966.

A Frontier Convair 580 was my first airliner ride. I still have the Junior Pilot certificate the flight attendant filled out and the captain signed in 1966.
Very cool. Times have changed, I had to practically beg the crew for some wings for my son's first commercial ride a few years back.

Back