What happens when you hit 50

Just tell yourself that you only get to be 50 if you live long enough. Many don't.

I took an early retirement from an electronic systems engineering career and built a home brewery. I finished the CFI/CFII and teach part time. I fly my Cessna 182 often and life couldn't be better! Don't let upper middle age let you down, you are what you make of it.

Oh and I fly a PC-12 occasionally for a business owner. Good times!

I took an early retirement from an electronic systems engineering career and built a home brewery. I finished the CFI/CFII and teach part time. I fly my Cessna 182 often and life couldn't be better! Don't let upper middle age let you down, you are what you make of it.

Oh and I fly a PC-12 occasionally for a business owner. Good times!
Ken, I see you've taken a long hiatus from the forum. Welcome back!

That is one happy avatar you've got there! Ever get mistaken for Mark Harmon?
Ha, no but my ex said John Denver. I'd don't see that at all. That was 12 years ago so I'm a lot greyer now :()

Man, I went to the hair dresser yesterday and after it was over, I surveyed the pile of hair on the floor. I would say it was 60% brown and 40% gray/white. I turned 34 last week. I think I'll be screwed on a few different levels by 50.

Okie going to a hairdresser, Seriously? :) I took crap while visiting Texas about California 'Nuts and Fruits'. I go to a barbershop. Gotta admit the ~900 year old dude that insists on cutting my hair cuts me with the straight razor every time while tuning on sideburns...

OP: Seriously, you feel like you are getting old? Maybe find a way to make someone else better off, could do you some good also. I don't mean money, just help someone who deserves it. Mentoring, volunteering, etc.

And dude, you are not old.

You can call me Luke, you can call me Doug. Just don't call me late for dinner.

Okie going to a hairdresser, Seriously? :) I took crap while visiting Texas about California 'Nuts and Fruits'. I go to a barbershop. Gotta admit the ~900 year old dude that insists on cutting my hair cuts me with the straight razor every time while tuning on sideburns...

Well the "hairdresser" terminology was meant to be funny. We don't have many old-school male barbers around here anymore.
The truth is, whether it's my grandma going to the hairdresser or me going to the barber shop, it's the same place. We have a grand total of 3 barber shops/stylists/hairdressers in this one horse town, and they all service hair from babies to old farts and blue haired grandmas, and even corpses in some cases.

Buy a motorcycle. A fast one. A supersport at least.

The older you get, the less of your life you're risking.

I learned to fly at 60 - ain't all that much of a big thing, this aging thing - sure beats the hell out of the alternative.

Remember, memory is the second thing to go.

You'll start to notice more beautiful women over the next few years. By the time you're our age, everything between 18 and 65 starts to look good. :)

Only trouble is they won't notice you.

Which is why you by the Corvette.

Or better yet, a Porsche.

Uhh oh! He's losing it! Do you remember your last birthday? What did you have for breakfast? ;)

Man, that was way back in March. How in the heck would I remember anything about that day? :(

But knowing my wife, she probably fed me oatmeal while I cried for bacon. She says she's trying to make sure I stay around longer. :)

Oddly enough, the Porsche makes little difference.

I found that a pickup with ladders, compressor and some lumber in the bed gets you attention.

A Cirrus then?

A Cirrus is restricted to airports. And at airports, you little clownplane is going to be parked next to someone elses jet. I wouldn't bet on it.

Be thankful that u are still kicking the rudder?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

You'll start to notice more beautiful women over the next few years. By the time you're our age, everything between 18 and 65 starts to look good. :)

Only trouble is they won't notice you.

Which is why you by the Corvette.

Or even better still, a puppy! Take that little guy for a walk and women will flock to you, guaranteed.
(well, they flock to the puppy, but you're nearby and you'll get all kinds of feel-good compliments.)

Oddly enough, the Porsche makes little difference.

I found that a pickup with ladders, compressor and some lumber in the bed gets you attention.

Well, I've never in my life seen an ugly woman step out of a Porsche.

Or even better still, a puppy! Take that little guy for a walk and women will flock to you, guaranteed.
(well, they flock to the puppy, but you're nearby and you'll get all kinds of feel-good compliments.)
Get a lap dog and carry him/her close to your chest, works wonders when all the women comes to pat. Unless u want to know all the gory details, don't ask me how I know it

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Well, I've never in my life seen an ugly woman step out of a Porsche.

Well, there was this PCA time trial once at Willow Springs, and this gal driving an RS America was known as "The Yeti" to the rest of the club...

You guys r a bunch of Nancys!
50 rocks! It's where age and money collide. U still have your health but now u can afford to do what u want without working your ass off.
Staying in shape is a daily battle but it keeps u sharp and focused.
If you didn't pay attention to your health or finances until now then you've blown it my friend.
Doc told me a few weeks ago I need a full hip replacement and I thank GOD for modern medicine and technology. Shouldn't keep me down for more than a couple weeks.
Be back to skiing, dirt biking, running and of course flying in no time.

Y
Doc told me a few weeks ago I need a full hip replacement and I thank GOD for modern medicine and technology. Shouldn't keep me down for more than a couple weeks.

Good point. By the time @evapilotaz hits 70, full body cyborg replacement ought to be available.:)

Now it's just a matter of getting pickup with a big enough bed to fit the tools, the lumber, the puppy and the sax without scratching the paint on the Porsche.

And remember where I parked it.

which is why every silver haired fox needs a key fob with a freshly packed chute.....:D

Back