What food do you NOT like that others like?

BigBadLou

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Lou
As a reciprocal thread to this one.

So what food do you NOT like while others are trying to convince you that is good?

I never learned to like peanut blubber. It's just not the real thing for me. I love peanuts but the blubber with extra salt, sugar, vinegar and other crap is simply appalling.

Your turn.

Onions. I absolutely hate onions. Not very fond of tomatoes and mushrooms either. So yes, I don't go to many Italian restaurants

Soup. I don't need my food in a bowl of water.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Pancakes. Waffles too. Not just because I can't eat them, but I actually don't like them.

Peppers, green, red, yellow it makes no difference to me, I can't make myself eat them. I even get fajitas with only onions!! I can only eat cooked onions, I can't stand raw! I think someone mentioned liver, doesn't if it's beef, pork or chicken, I am OUT! :)

Onions. I absolutely hate onions.
I agree, I can't stand them. I love it when someone gets upset that I don't like them... "How can you not like onions? They're the best part of the meal!" Like I can control what I like!

Mushrooms, squash, eggplant and wine.

I have only ever had ONE wine that I ever enjoyed...and I am surrounded by a bunch of wine-os and I have tried many.

:eek: :confused:o_O say whaaaat ?
Yeah ... and that's from a retired hospital-based RN, where coffee is ritualistic, bordering on religious (especially when filling in on the night shift). I actually think it smells quite nice, and I don't oppose it in any way ... I just never developed a taste for it.

Salmon. I've given it the old college try dozens of times, including Copper River while in Alaska. Still, no bueno.

Onions. I absolutely hate onions. Not very fond of tomatoes and mushrooms either. So yes, I don't go to many Italian restaurants
Agreed. Particularly raw onions. I can tolerate a bit of cooked onion mixed in with something - but never grilled onions on top. On the other hand, I can enjoy French Onion Soup.

Dave
Peppers, green, red, yellow it makes no difference to me, I can't make myself eat them. I even get fajitas with only onions!! I can only eat cooked onions, I can't stand raw! I think someone mentioned liver, doesn't if it's beef, pork or chicken, I am OUT! :)
My thoughts exactly. To me the most disgusting dish I can think of is Stuffed Green Peppers. Yuck,

Once I did eat some red peppers in a meat dish - and it nearly burned a hole in my stomach (made a trip to the ER).

Dave

Yeah ... and that's from a retired hospital-based RN, where coffee is ritualistic, bordering on religious (especially when filling in on the night shift). I actually think it smells quite nice, and I don't oppose it in any way ... I just never developed a taste for it.
Me too. My parents drank it, as do my wife and children - but I never liked the taste (the smell is another matter). A year ago I tried some heavily flavored coffee at a plantation in Hawaii. It wasn't awful -
but I have no inclination to do it again..

Dave

Ditto on coffee...love the smell but cant stand the taste. But for me, condiments of any kind are repulsive. If I even see mayo the wrong way I'll yak....ketchup is a close second to that...the rest I can see but the smell is awful and the taste would make me want to scrub my tongue with a wire brush....I eat EVERYTHING dry....kinda sucks but is what it is....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never learned to like peanut blubber. It's just not the real thing for me. I love peanuts but the blubber with extra salt, sugar, vinegar and other crap is simply appalling.

Love peanut butter, just had some today. But what is this "peanut blubber"? I've heard of whale blubber, which belongs in the other thread. But what is PEANUT BLUBBER?

My dislikes: organs, broccoli, greens, field peas. Almost everything from the ocean us good one way or another, but snails and octopi are rubbery and tasteless, while roe/caviar and sea urchin are just bad . . .

Peanut butter with jelly, or just sweet peanut butter. Grapefruit. Blackberries. I absolutely love real coffee but even the thought of anything in it (flavor, sugar, milk) makes me cringe.

Nauga,
who thinks coffee should be ordered with three words or fewer

Melon fruits: cantaloupe, watermelon, honeydew, etc. are just terrible.

That makes two of us.

That makes three of us. Melon is like having to chew very lightly flavored water.

Tuna. The smell makes me want to vomit, and therefore, I've never let get near my mouth.

Mustard

Relish

Coffee. On the rare occasion I drink some for a dose of caffeine, it must contain a healthy dose of sugar or sweetener and creamer, and must be cool enough to gulp. I know it ain't right, but I'm not drinking it for the taste.

Bologna

Tomatoes.
They are the larval eggs of baby space aliens. Yuck. It's a texture thing. I like ketchup and cheap (highly puréed) spaghetti sauce. Whole tomatoes gross me out.

(Note: My mom, dad, and brother all love(d) tomatoes and would eat them like apples. I admit that if you like tomatoes, there is probably nothing more appetizing and delicious than a fresh home garden tomato.)

But not for me.

I will eat almost anything, and enjoy at least 70% of those things, but the staples I rarely eat….

Potatoes
Peanut Butter
Avocado
Chocolate (really hate it to be quite honest)

As a common theme, I feel like I am choking while eating almost all of the above, save chocolate, which is just weird to me (I don't really eat much sugar or sweets).

Once we bridge the gap to salty things, there is literally nothing I don't love…..

Most melted cheddar cheese smells just like vomit to me. To this day I can't eat a cheeseburger. I get it about 4 inches from my face and all can smell is vomit.

Nauga,

"Large coffee" works for me. Just fill the cup with coffee, no need to leave space for milk, cream or any stirring action. But it better not be cold! That's just wrong, completely ruins a good drink.

Cheese, cheese, cheese, most melons (watermelons are fine though), eggplant, coffee, bait (I mean sushi :) ), zucchini squash, a few more.

Not wild about mushrooms. They're okay in small quantities for flavor, but I'd rather they not be there.

Onions are good for flavoring, but I'm not wild about them being a big part of the item. Red onions are good raw in a "salad". I'd never eat a bloomin' onion or onion rings.

There are very few things I won't eat. Loose cooked peas are one. I can't stand the smell. Peas in the pod, raw peas, pea soup is fine.

I never had much of a stomach for Uni (Sea Urchin). Friends rave about it, but I find it just about the most disgusting thing I've ever been served.

I absolutely love real coffee but even the thought of anything in it (flavor, sugar, milk) makes me cringe.

Nauga,

Ditto, coffee. Black, hot, and strong.

I don't like shepherds pie, looks like someone ate meatloaf and mashed taters and then sold the Buick. Tastes about the same. The wife loves dirty martinis, the ones made with olive juice. Horrible, I'd rather have 100LL on the rocks. And speaking of olives, yeah, don't like them, although olive oil is fine. Ham hocks and greens, no thanks. Pine nuts, expensive little buggers that eff up an otherwise fine dish. And yeah, sardines, bleck!

Back