What foods do you like that not many others like?

Timbeck2

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Timbeck2
I like salt on my watermelon and cantaloupe.
I like sliced pickled beets and I like the cranberry jelly stuff in the can for the Thanksgiving meal.

And how do you edit the post title? "Not" used in place of "no."

when I was young, we're talking like 7, I'd put ketchup on steak. maybe I should say I'd dip my steak in ketchup, but either way I got hazed for it.

I put steak sauce on my cottage cheese to make it taste like steak.

when I was young, we're talking like 7, I'd put ketchup on steak. maybe I should say I'd dip my steak in ketchup, but either way I got hazed for it.

I've done that. Still do it for hamburger steak, hash browns.

I like sardines, drives my SO nuts, maybe that's why I eat 'em! :eek::D

I like salt on my watermelon and cantaloupe.
I like sliced pickled beets and I like the cranberry jelly stuff in the can for the Thanksgiving meal.

And how do you edit the post title? "Not" used in place of "no."

All good except the cranberry stuff. I'll eat it but won't seek it out.

I like a lot of the more pungent cheeses. Most people I know do not.

Yup. Good.

I put steak sauce on my cottage cheese to make it taste like steak.

Yup. I'll also cover cottage cheese in so much fresh cracked black pepper that you can't see it and then mix it up and eat it.

I've done that. Still do it for hamburger steak, hash browns.

I like sardines, drives my SO nuts, maybe that's why I eat 'em! :eek::D

All good here too. Kippered snacks in a tin are better than sardines though.

Adding:

Dill pickles of any variety but the more garlic and more spice the better.

Kimchi, anchovies, lima beans, it's all good.

Mix chocolate pudding with cottage cheese.

My wife likes fish heads....

Last edited:
Cajun spices and genuinely hot Mexican salsa. Have not yet graduated to "Insanity Sauce".

Haggis

Uni

Frog legs

Gator (tail meat only)

Good cheese

Cured cuttlefish. That'll chase most folks away. Hapuna Beach with a cold 6 pack and a bag of cuttlefish and I'm a happy boy.

Snails.

Though in fairness most people who actually try them like them. But not may others try them.

Snails.

Though in fairness most people who actually try them like them. But not may others try them.

They have always just been a texture not a flavor to me, they taste like whatever you cook them in

Squirrel. Cooked all day in a slow cooker with a can of condensed onion soup (left undiluted) and served over rice. Mmmmmm!!

Snipe breast. Wrapped with bacon and cooked over charcoal.

Lutefisk

No, not me. Just my grandparents. Nasty stuff.

Spam
Spam & scrambled eggs, a fried Spam sandwich, Fried Spam & eggs over etc etc
Yes! I first ate spam in the Air Force and have eaten it ever since. Spam and egg sandwich with a touch of mayo, Hellmans only, and six slices of mrs. Fannings bread and butter pickles. I stress the mrs. Fannings pickles. Please try them. So good, that when they are gone I drink the juice from the jar! Spam omelet with onions and tomatoes or salsa sauce. Also try stoufers sos (or chip beef gravy. )Superb for a quick snak or breakfast.

Ya know those pickled sausages they sell at the quick marts??

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!

These are the best:
penrose-firecracker-red-hot-pickled-sausage-1.7-oz.-pack-90-per-case_6105641.jpeg

And this one has the best name

1460066813738_10000003392-1.625-ORIG-CHUB-EACH-HR.525w.png

I, too, like fruitcake, salt on watermelon and cantelope. And mincemeat pie.

Lutefisk

No, not me. Just my grandparents. Nasty stuff.

I don't see what the big deal is with lutefisk. I ordered some, and it tasted like... boiled cod. Good with mustard and eggs and potatoes, but then again, so are most things...

Carne Asada Curley Fries!

I find it very difficult to believe there is a human on earth that has tried Carne Asada Fries and doesn't like them. I actually turned a vegitarian from the Dark Side with them. True story.

When I was growing up, we were the kind of poor that the kids didn't realize we were poor. When times were really lean, my mom would make a particular sandwich that we would actually come to crave. Peanut butter, butter, pickle and lettuce sandwiches.

Last edited:
perogies and liver dumplings.

Edit:. Oh, wait....

You said foods others don't like, not that others likely haven't heard of... (unless you're from Cleveland or Ste. Genevieve)

Last edited:
I put A1 on pretty much anything breakfast. Eggs/bacon/hashbrowns/sausage/ham/etc. Never use it on steak!

Back