What food do you NOT like that others like?

Cake is just a delivery medium for icing/frosting.

I don't like icing/frosting, that's part of the problem. Also not big on candy, unless it's chocolate... especially dark chocolate. Ever talking to me and just want me to STFU already? Hand me some dark chocolate. My husband keeps a supply on hand :D

Other things -

peppermints... I have a weird phobia with these things. Terrified of choking on one. Plus I hate the taste.
soda... it's just a glass of syrupy nastiness. If I want a foamy beverage, I'll pour a Guinness.
salads... yawn. I'll take that bleeding steak of there instead, thanks.
apples... the most boring fruit in the world, plus I think people look like douchebags when they eat them.
bacon........... JUST KIDDING! :fingerwag: Bacon is the nectar of life. I will eat anything - yes, even apples and a boring ol' salad, if bacon is somehow involved.

bacon........... JUST KIDDING! :fingerwag: Bacon is the nectar of life. I will eat anything - yes, even apples and a boring ol' salad, if bacon is somehow involved.

There's a place near here that does a candied bacon appetizer. OMG, thick, meaty, salty bacon somehow caramelized and candied, it's soooo rich, and soooo good. That place also does pretty good pork and brisket plates, and has an expansive tap wall. It's a go to when meat lovers are in town to visit.

Ditto, coffee. Black, hot, and strong.

Just like I like my... asphalt.

And I agree. On the rare times I go into a Starbucks I'm the one everyone gets all judgy on because I order the same as I would at a 7-11 - "large hot coffee." They don't need to know more, I don't need to say more. Still have zero clue what the difference is between their cup sizes, so I usually just point to the biggest one.

There's a place near here that does a candied bacon appetizer. OMG, thick, meaty, salty bacon somehow caramelized and candied, it's soooo rich, and soooo good. That place also does pretty good pork and brisket plates, and has an expansive tap wall. It's a go to when meat lovers are in town to visit.

OMG... where is this beautiful place?! I used to live in Knoxville and go home once a year to visit my parents, so if it's anywhere near there, I must know so I can visit! :)

Most melted cheddar cheese smells just like vomit to me. To this day I can't eat a cheeseburger. I get it about 4 inches from my face and all can smell is vomit.

You know there are more kinds of cheese than just cheddar, right?

Also not a fan of olives. Crustaceans, mollusks, and arthropods don't find their way onto my plate or into my house. I've had *a* shrimp, and after eating it, a while later smelled like that shrimp had crawled up something's ass, which then crawled up my ass and died. Working as a cook when I was younger and dealing with most seafood precooked, I have no desire to even try most of that stuff. I'm good with fish though.

Also, I don't eat pork. The taste is fine, but within 15 minutes my body goes to Sh1!tCon 0 (yeah, higher on the danger scale than than Sh1!tCon 1), and I will get to spend the next three hours emptying my entire digestive tract until stomach acid ends up burning my *******.

There is stuff I would eat if enough alcohol is involved, and stuff I won't eat even if enough alcohol is involved to make me eat the other stuff.

An example of the former is those cracked egg things with the bird inside. An example of the latter is bugs, in any form.

Relish, sweet pickles, that pickled ginger that comes with sushi...

Also, I don't eat pork. The taste is fine, but within 15 minutes my body goes to Sh1!tCon 0 (yeah, higher on the danger scale than than Sh1!tCon 1), and I will get to spend the next three hours emptying my entire digestive tract until stomach acid ends up burning my *******.

Does that include BBQ - pulled pork? Or just pork chops and the like?

Peppers, green, red, yellow it makes no difference to me, I can't make myself eat them. I even get fajitas with only onions!! I can only eat cooked onions, I can't stand raw! I think someone mentioned liver, doesn't if it's beef, pork or chicken, I am OUT! :)

Weird because I only eat raw onions,can't stand them cooked.

As a NYC transplant living in New England I can't even look at a Fluffernutter sandwich without gagging.

Does that include BBQ - pulled pork? Or just pork chops and the like?

Every pork I've had has triggered it. Once I figured out what the cause was, I stay away from anything porcine.

I had never heard of Fluff until I moved up here.

My NH born and raised wife introduced it to our boys when they were small, I've yet to extract revenge for that, and one of my sons had peanut butter and fluff everyday for the entire 5th grade...and I was the one making lunches. Lynn, Lynn city of Sin, is the world headquarters and manufacturing facility for Fluff.

I'm another who can only eat cooked onions. I don't even like to touch raw ones, impossible to get the smell off the fingers.

I'm also not crazy about ordinary mustard, though honey mustard in small amounts is ok.

I've hated dumplings since I was very little. They have the consistency of nose snot and that's what I thought I was eating.

pickled herring, liver (chicken or beef)
Oh ****, I misread the question. I thought it says "Foods that YOU like but Others don't"... That's why I put picked herring and liver. I love them both.

To answer the actual question, I hate avocado which everybody seems to love. Until a couple of years ago, I hated shrimp until I actually tried them once. Now, I'm a fan. Any kind of slimy, squiggly, clammy seafood like squid, octopus, clams, oysters, YUCK!!!

I don't like icing/frosting, that's part of the problem. Also not big on candy, unless it's chocolate... especially dark chocolate. Ever talking to me and just want me to STFU already? Hand me some dark chocolate. My husband keeps a supply on hand :D

I love dark chocolate as well, the darker the better. Dark chocolate frosting is my favorite type of frosting.

I'll eat most anything. I'm not keen on offals unless it's in a dish like haggis or something. Other than that, lima beans/butter beans, brussels sprouts sit atop my list. I used to really dislike salmon but I'm coming around.

I've heard of people having a pork intolerance though you are one of just a few that I know who suffer from it. It must be somewhat prevalent though as someone built an entire religion around it. It sucks as bacon, ham, pork chops, bbq pork, etc. are all great eats.

Lamb. Can't even stand the smell of it cooking. Wife didn't know about that and was planning it for dinner one night. Needless to say, we ate out. I think it was the only time I refused her otherwise great cooking.

Cilantro...just say no
This is really not uncommon, and is likely genetic, according to what I read. Some people are unusually sensitive to certain aldehydes in cilantro that are also found in soap, so the herb has a soapy taste to them. I can taste this to an extent, the stuff has a slightly soapy taste for me too but I don't find it especially yucky. Definitely not my favorite garnish but I'm ok with it... very different from my reaction to raw onions, which is to send back anything I find them in.

Yes, I am aware of that. That's why I singled out cheddar.

Man, I love extra sharp cheddar. It's great stuff. What the heck is wrong with you?!

Just kidding. It is amazing how different from one another people can be when it comes to things such as food and drink. I guess it is a matter of taste. :cool:

Pho. Why are people so religiously into boring and/or weird ingredients floating in hot water? I just don't get it.

I love me some cilantro. Along with som cayenne on sliced chicken breast seared/sauteed in lime butter and toppped with melted fontina...

Nom Nom Nom

I am Taiwanese and I don't really like tofu or Chinese bean curd. Just makes me want to throw up or spit it out. Never liked those food as a kid, never like them now. Chinese food isn't even my favorite type of cuisine. In fact it is one of my least favorite types of food. I used to have it so often growing up that I think Chinese food is boring. However I really love Indian food! Indian food is my number 1 favorite food with Mexican food being 2nd, and American food probably being 3rd. Anything with Indian curry in it I will eat it. Lamb Biryani and Chicken Korma are also very tasty too! Been trying to cook Indian food myself ever since I moved out of my parent's home.

I am actually surprised that most people here don't like coffee. I love coffee (especially strong dark roast coffee) and I drink it regularly after I wake up and before my night shifts at the airport. Also a big Masala Chai fan myself too.

Dark roasted coffee often tastes like the beans have been burned. The longer roasting time also destroys caffeine, not good in the morning. So I enjoy several cups of lightly roasted Colombian coffee in the morning.

Two questions for the Yankees among us: what the devil is "fluff," and who ever said that NYC isn't part of New England? I always thought New England was everything from NY to Maine.

NY has never been considered a part of New England as far as I know but I'm from Indiana and have never considered myself to be a yankee.

Dark roasted coffee often tastes like the beans have been burned. The longer roasting time also destroys caffeine, not good in the morning. So I enjoy several cups of lightly roasted Colombian coffee in the morning.

Two questions for the Yankees among us: what the devil is "fluff," and who ever said that NYC isn't part of New England? I always thought New England was everything from NY to Maine.

Fluff is marshmallow cream and no NYC/NYS have never been part of New England which is ME, CT, RI, VT, NH and MA...some people say anything south of Hartford, CT is NY.

http://www.marshmallowfluff.com/

NY has never been considered a part of New England as far as I know but I'm from Indiana and have never considered myself to be a yankee.

Bad news for you there . . . IN, OH, IL, WI, all of 'em that wore blue and burned farms and houses across my home state of GA are all Yankees . . . My, how the terms of warfare have changed since then; we don't fight against women and children, or purposely burn civilian homes, farms and businesses.

Yes, Indiana was on the side of the Union which was the side of justice and righteousness and folks down your way might have called all of the northerners yankees and many of you still do for what reason I do not know. But as I wrote, I have never considered myself to be a yankee. Heck, I have never even called myself a hoosier (a stupid name if there ever was one). I just call myself an American.

I've heard of people having a pork intolerance though you are one of just a few that I know who suffer from it.
Sounds like everyone around him suffers from it too.

Nauga,
with two exits, no waiting

Bad news for you there . . . IN, OH, IL, WI, all of 'em that wore blue and burned farms and houses across my home state of GA are all Yankees . . .
I'm from Mass (KBAF) and my wife is from Ohio and we live in Columbus. She definitely is no Yankee. She doesn't go outside when it's <70* , she drinks some confection called "Pop" and she's never had a delicious Fluffernutter sandwich. Ohioans being Yankees, that's just wicked wrong.

Tomatoes.
They are the larval eggs of baby space aliens. Yuck. It's a texture thing. I like ketchup and cheap (highly puréed) spaghetti sauce. Whole tomatoes gross me out.

(Note: My mom, dad, and brother all love(d) tomatoes and would eat them like apples. I admit that if you like tomatoes, there is probably nothing more appetizing and delicious than a fresh home garden tomato.)

But not for me.

100% the same with me. I like tomato soup, tomato sauce, tomato ketchup ... but hate tomatoes. Go figure.

:confused:

Cilantro...just say no

Add me to the list.

Raw tomatoes are a fruit that's so awful, people think it's a vegetable.

I can handle just about any cooked tomatoes especially if finely chopped or puréed, but raw, their texture and less so their flavor, makes me gag.

Back