What do you like to watch on YT? [NA]

alfadog

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
alfadog
So while I'm eating breakfast or drinking my morning coffee, I flip on YT and usually watch any of:

Currently
Ronnie O'Sullivan playing snooker - he makes a difficult game seem, well not easy but genius.
Louis Rossmann - doing board-level repairs on Apple products and well-justified rants against Apple's BS.

In the past, too many to list, there is so much wonderful content on YT.

Huge forging/machining vids ie a 5-ton crankshaft
Heavy Equipment Fails
Engineering Disasters
Construction Fails
Idiots At Work
aviation reenactment/explanatory disaster videos (airlines mostly)
Jay Alvarrez action videos preferably with Alexis Ren

YMMV, I don't have Cable and just mooch off of my parents Netflix, but primarily my entertainment comes from youtube.

Aviation:
Trent Palmer
AOPA's Weekly AOPA Live video
Flying Doodles
Just Plane Silly

Informative:
SciShow
SciShow Space
Veritasium
VSauce
Vsauce 2
Today I found out

Car related:
TFL Truck
TFL Now
Doug Demuro

Goofy:
How Ridiculous.

No particular shows or channels. I normally just watch videos that are linked here or on other sites or that friends send me. Also ones that I find when searching a particular subject. So nothing as a matter of routine.

Subscribed to about 5 or 6 guitar channels.
SciManDan
blackpenredpen

Anything that looks interesting on suggested.

I mostly watch aviation related videos and motorcycle/police chases.

Joe Rogan
Backcountry pilot
Avweb
Colion noir
Gert van hoef
Jay lenos garage
Meat eater
mrgunsngear
Phlex swim
Talks at google
Ted
Trent palmer
Vinwiki

Hydraulic Press Channel and associated Beyond the Press for silliness.
Indie musicians (Reina del Cid & Josh Turner at the moment)
AvWeb and Trent Palmer
Applied Science

Jason Ellis puts out good stuff for anyone building or thinking about building an RV or any other aluminum airplane. I watch all his stuff. There are a few other kit plane builder vlogs I'll watch but most of them are pretty inconsistent in how ofter they post.

Non aviation I'll watch most of what Dustin puts out on the Smarter Every Day channel. My wife works in veterinary R&D so she's a fan of Cody Creelman. Neither of us sail or have any aspirations of living on a sailboat but we're both fans of Sailing SV Delos. We both watch all the Casey Neistat stuff too.

Been watching this guy’s productions recently. Lotta good stories from former Blues pilots.

In the hangar
Fly8ma
Aviation101
Mojogrip
Baron pilot
Flying doodles
Sailing doodles
Flying sparks garage

310pilot (radar contact), I love how that guy flies. Nikos wings, steveo, fly8ma, mattguthmiller, Jerry (airwagner), corporate pilot life.... too much time wasted, but I like listening to the atc interaction.

Kennedy Steve from realatc recordings
Kitboga has some funny scam the scammers thing
Gtoger has funny tow video

310pilot (radar contact), I love how that guy flies. Nikos wings, steveo, fly8ma, mattguthmiller, Jerry (airwagner), corporate pilot life.... too much time wasted, but I like listening to the atc interaction.
Thanks @PaulS (and @455 Bravo Uniform ) :) I just had dinner at Sun n Fun with some of those guys (Nikos wings, Baron Pilot, fly8ma, corporate pilot life and I know I'm missing someone) and they are honestly a bunch of great guys that just love sharing their passion for aviation.

Lots of the aviation related channels mentioned above plus

BBQ Pit Boys
Cook with Meat

Anything aviation.
Car stuff
Motovloggers
Long electronic or mechanical rebuild videos, like Mustie1 and Mister Carlson's Lab
Ham radio stuff
Louis Rossman, of course!
AvE
ChuckE2009
PragerU
Steven Crowder
DUST
Gun stuff- Colion Noir, Nut'nFancy
Animal Rescue vids- Hope for paws...
...and more.

Subscribed to about 5 or 6 guitar channels.
SciManDan
blackpenredpen

Anything that looks interesting on suggested.

Two of my favorites here. Rick Beato who is a guitar player and has a studio here in Atlanta, all kinds of music subjects plus a good feature "What Makes This Song Great?" where he isolates the instruments in the recording and analyzes it. Great channel. Also Tim Pierce who is a studio musician extraordinaire. Great stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/user/pegzch/videos

https://www.youtube.com/user/timpierceguitar/videos

Two of my favorites here. Rick Beato who is a guitar player and has a studio here in Atlanta, all kinds of music subjects plus a good feature "What Makes This Song Great?" where he isolates the instruments in the recording and analyzes it. Great channel. Also Tim Pierce who is a studio musician extraordinaire. Great stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/user/pegzch/videos

https://www.youtube.com/user/timpierceguitar/videos

I've seen some of Tim Pierce's stuff. He goes REALLY in depth. Moreso than where I am at with my playing. I only started 2+ years ago.

I have subscriptions to Robert Baker, Ben Eller, Paul Davids, GuitarLessons365, Marty Music, and because I'm a dirty old man Sophie Lloyd.

Weirdly I don't watch aviation videos.

This is what watch fairly consistently:
Guilty Pleasure: Good Mythical Morning
The Action Lab
Answers with Joe
King of Random

REDNECK PILOT (@OkieFlyer we're waiting)

Edit: and it is my secret dream to make random cameos in everyone else's channels.
I've hit Erik Johnston, taking off, I am in the next Flying doodles, and have a flight chops thing in May. @Radar Contact I've never ridden in 310 before hint hint

Last edited:
I watch all the aviation stuff including Briany's, Drew's and Kevin's stuff. I'm patiently waiting for the Raptor aircraft to move that thing to the airport.

Weirdly I don't watch aviation videos.

... @Radar Contact I've never ridden in 310 before hint hint

Neither do I. The only ones I try to catch are the AOPA Safety videos, both the real pilot stories (usually survived except for the tragic seaplane incident) and the sad ones.

My far and away favorite is "Coldwarmotors." Bunch of Canadian guys that haul old junk cars out of farm fields, and either get them running, and sometimes do a whole lot more. They are currently working on a 1960 Plymouth Fury. They operate on an absolute shoestring budget. Their motto is "Spend no money," so they are not just pulling parts and replacing with new. They actually fix things.

I also like "Acorn to Arabella" Two guys building a 38' wood sailboat from scratch. They literally cut down the trees, milled the lumber, etc.

I also enjoy the many Russian car crash vids.

My far and away favorite is "Coldwarmotors." Bunch of Canadian guys that haul old junk cars out of farm fields, and either get them running, and sometimes do a whole lot more. They are currently working on a 1960 Plymouth Fury. They operate on an absolute shoestring budget. Their motto is "Spend no money," so they are not just pulling parts and replacing with new. They actually fix things.

I also like "Acorn to Arabella" Two guys building a 38' wood sailboat from scratch. They literally cut down the trees, milled the lumber, etc.

I also enjoy the many Russian car crash vids.

I think I've seen all of those. There is another where folks are building a steel ship. I've seen a channel where they go out in the woods and the fields and get old vehicles running. Don't know if it is the same channel. I've done that more than a few times myself and my ex used to get a kick out of it.

Back