What are you looking forward to at Sun and Fun 2017

FloridaPilot

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
FloridaStudentPilot
I will go first:

#1. I'm excited to see the P51's fly in formation.

What are you looking forward to?

Not going, but S-n-F always brings new product announcements and software updates.

Hoping to see a bunch of POA folks I know and meet many more. Gonna find a way to wear a POA lapel pin or something. Look for me and say Hello!

Also psyched for the French air show team.

I am really excited about seeing the avionics and to see a few GA planes. I am also excited for my wife to see the different type of GA aircraft out there.

I am volunteering at SNF Radio again this year - doing interviews and such. I'll probably be out and about the first few days interviewing vendors, but after that I'll likely be on the deck. Come on by and say hi! SNF Radio is just east of the Sunset Grill. M3 on the Sun N Fun map.

SNF Radio is on 1510 AM or streaming on http://liveATC.net/snf

I enjoy talking with friends, drinking a couple of beers while watching an airshow, and cruising through the display areas to see what I need to buy for the care and feeding of my RV-6 and the construction of my projects.

I'm hoping to be able to stay long enough to see the P-51 flight. I'm working the Pilatus booth Tuesday through Thursday mid day when I swap out with a coworker. Stop by and say hi.

Just planning to enjoy the airshow, look at planes and attend a few seminars. I'll be there Thursday & Friday.

Looking at planes ,new and old,with flying friends.

I excited about everything! It's my first time I am flying to an airshow as well as camping there.
My dad and I also hope to find some avionics on sale which we could put in our Mooney.

I'm looking forward to enjoying a $6 Coke and a $5 bag of chips while looking at lots of cool old planes, especially old warbirds.

Maybe hitting a few seminars, too, depending on which days I attend. (Lakeland is only 45 minutes down the road.)

I'll do a little shopping if my wife lets me take a credit card.

I went for the first time last year. It was fun. If you are staying off field, do not rely on the bus that makes the circuit to the local hotels unless you are the first run of the morning.

I cannot make it this year due to a previous commitment.

I went to OSH for the first time last year. I am going back again.

Both of them are great and worth the time to go.

Looking to see if anyone shows an aircraft yet certified that they hope/claim to certify under the new part 23 rules. Looking forward to seeing an aircraft with the new Rotax 915is. And catching up with other pilot friends.

Looking forward to seeing all the new icon A5's that were delivered last year! :ohsnap:

LOL. Actually I was thinking of taking an extra day and going down to Icon's flight center in Tampa to do a demo flight. It's pricey but still tempting.
Will they let you? Or is it just for "potential customers"

Icon will rent the planes out of Tampa to non-deposit holders. Not your typical $99 discovery flight though! 1.5 hours for $595.

Icon will rent the planes out of Tampa to non-deposit holders. Not your typical $99 discovery flight though! 1.5 hours for $595.

I can't see the operating costs justifying that sort of rental price. Why so high?

Their prices fit right in with sun n fun....

Guys/Gals,

I just noticed I got two Sun and Fun tickets but I only need one. Florida Residents pay for Saturday and get Sunday free. Don't want anything for the ticket but message me and I will send to you...Thanks!

Guys/Gals,

I just noticed I got two Sun and Fun tickets but I only need one. Florida Residents pay for Saturday and get Sunday free. Don't want anything for the ticket but message me and I will send to you...Thanks!

Sorry I just gave it away!

Just planning to enjoy the airshow, look at planes and attend a few seminars. I'll be there Thursday & Friday.

Where do you find out about the seminars? I haven't seen a link on the site.

I hope to see something that will knock my sox off. I hope to see something that I did not know existed. I doubt this will happen but I go anyhow.

Nah, finding it was easy. Paring the list down to which ones you want to go to, now that takes effort.

This will be my first time to any of the seminars how much do they cost?

I'll enjoy most when it's over, so I don't have to struggle through watching friends post stuff from there, since I can't go. :) As usual, for SnF... never seems to work out for us...

I'll enjoy most when it's over, so I don't have to struggle through watching friends post stuff from there, since I can't go. :) As usual, for SnF... never seems to work out for us...

That seems to be me every time OSH comes around. I can't go this year so I'm going to put everything on hold for next year. 2018 everything is going to be "NO" we have an appointment on.."No" Would you like to go over so and so house..."No" :)

This is what is awesome about events like Oshkosh and Sun 'n Fun. While literally walking across a field filled with airplanes, I recognize the guy that just walked by. It's my friend Kevin! We flew together at a charter company 23 years ago, last saw each other 10+ years ago, probably last talked 3 or 4 years ago, and next thing you know, we are sitting under the wing of his airplane watching an air show like it was yesterday.

This is what is awesome about events like Oshkosh and Sun 'n Fun. While literally walking across a field filled with airplanes, I recognize the guy that just walked by. It's my friend Kevin! We flew together at a charter company 23 years ago, last saw each other 10+ years ago, probably last talked 3 or 4 years ago, and next thing you know, we are sitting under the wing of his airplane watching an air show like it was yesterday.
Happy for you! Aviation is a wonderful world full of great people. Enjoy your time there Dave .

Back