What are you looking forward to at Sun and Fun 2017

I had hoped to meet Midlife Flyer at his AOPA volunteer stint. Unfortunately, he wasn't there (at least when I went). I was told weather probably prevented his flight.

Art VanDelay, look for a PM.

Perfect day yesterday. Clouds cleared off before noon, temperatures were pleasant, crowds weren't too bad. Got to see an air show with lots of P51s, a couple of B25s, the Aeroshell guys, and the Blue Angels. Best of all, saw it with my son and had a great day together.

Won't make it out there today due to a funeral, but will probably go back tomorrow.

I look most forward to to flying in, being able to fly my bird in to an airshow is one of my favorite things. I'll be flying in tomorrow morning and staying overnight into Sunday, look for my plane! Say hi if you come across me I'll have a hat with my tail number on it N291JD

Looking forward to seeing all the new icon A5's that were delivered last year! :ohsnap:

LOL. Actually I was thinking of taking an extra day and going down to Icon's flight center in Tampa to do a demo flight. It's pricey but still tempting.

I wonder what happened to Icon. They didn't show up at SnF this year. Last year they created quite the buzz, everyone wanted to see it including myself. I read somewhere that Icon has 1850 order pending and has only built 7 of them. At least the demand is there!

Fear of tar and feathers, maybe?

Good point, but did you go to Snf last year when the Icon booth was there? They created a legit buzz, people were lined up to take a look at this new aircraft. That told me there is interest in GA companies just need to find the right combination of usability, price and comfort.

Yes, I saw that last year.

I really like the Petrel and I was surprised it didn't draw a bigger crowd. Guess that's because, unlike the Icon, you can actually get one and fly it.

Back