Well, I've lost my mind and bought it...

cowman

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Cowman
Picked her up over the weekend....

N6185H.JPG

N6185H_1.JPG

Was formerly owned by a John Deere dealer I'm told- hence the paint scheme.

Mazel Tov! Archer's are great planes, fun and economical. Lets see some panel photos!!

Panel is pretty basic + a 430w. 1004# useful load left.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 204
Seats are fine under those covers, just 70s-tastic green tweed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 105
Congrats, nice looking aircraft. Thank you for taking good care of her.

Last edited:
Looking good!

What's the first long distance destination, now that you have something to get there in?

Kawasaki Ninja green there my friend, not John Deer.

Okay, we shall just call it green. Doesn't look too bad to me. My Cherokee six was much, much, much worse!

Personally trade that green for ORange, you have my alma maters fine colors (OSU) and slap a kubota sticker on window.:D

Looking good!

What's the first long distance destination, now that you have something to get there in?

I think based on his location, the fly-in at 6Y9 over Labor Day Weekend would be a perfect place to go. He'd get to show it off to a few of us in person.

I think based on his location, the fly-in at 6Y9 over Labor Day Weekend would be a perfect place to go. He'd get to show it off to a few of us in person.

Well, if I manage to pass my checkride by then I'll try to make it out. That seems a bit optimistic but not impossible.

I believe that was a standard paint scheme for Piper at the time. A Deere paint scheme would be green and yellow. Nice looking plane though.

Your avatar is now extremely fitting!!!

Congratulations! I bought my plane before my checkride as well and flew many a 300nm (+) endorsed CX's while still a student. Heck, if you own it might as well fly it!

Congrats! That's a great setup. Actually, that's my identical panel setup on the Arrow II.

The Archer II is very capable and economical. I actually prefer the semitapered wings on yours, but the price premium wasn't worth it to me on the Arrow IIIs so I stuck to hershey arrows.

Enjoy it!

Congrats - That panel is pretty close to what I got my IFR in - but I didn't have the 430w.The ADF is good for ball games...

p.s. when (not if) you start having problems with the brakes, don't mess around just replace all the hoses and rebuild the master cylinders. It's a Piper, it has to be done.

One thing that came up.. while going through the manuals I found a page that said the cigarette lighter plug was for a lighter only and may damage anything else plugged into it.

Is that the case? Do you guys plug in your cell phone/ipad chargers anyway?

One thing that came up.. while going through the manuals I found a page that said the cigarette lighter plug was for a lighter only and may damage anything else plugged into it.

Is that the case? Do you guys plug in your cell phone/ipad chargers anyway?

I'll plug anything/everything in to the power port. It's just a feed off the main bus. It's a PA-28 so it should be nominally 12v.

I'll plug anything/everything in to the power port. It's just a feed off the main bus. It's a PA-28 so it should be nominally 12v.

I agree... On my PA-28-151, I plugged in a 1 million watt searchlight for searching for gators in Lake Apopka and it never tripped the breaker..:no:

Oops... make that a 1 millon candlepower searchlight........:redface:

With 1 mil watts,,, I would have needed a longgggggg extension cord..:yesnod:

Last edited:
I agree... On my PA-28-151, I plugged in a 1 million watt searchlight for searching for gators in Lake Apopka and it never tripped the breaker..:no:

Fantastic!

Nice plane! "My" old flying club archer had the same useful load which you will enjoy once you pass the checkride. Bring a few friends along and fly a lesson or two at gross weight for practice.

Enjoy!!

Well, if I manage to pass my checkride by then I'll try to make it out. That seems a bit optimistic but not impossible.

Congrats on buying the plane before you get your ticket in your hand. Smart man, in too deep to back out now :D

Congrats, Cowman. Nice looking Archer. I hope you really enjoy owning it!

These are great airplanes - fly it like you stole, maintain it like your life defends on it.

Back