Well, I've lost my mind and bought it...

My wife and I are going up to OSH Sunday night and gonna be there Mon. Driving there. :nonod:

Anyway I plan to hit up the swap meets. Looking for an ANR headset for her eventual use, sunvisors, a GPS for my ipad or maybe a stratus if I find a good deal.

And then just general supplies.... I need about everything. Chocks, tie-downs, cleaning supplies.

I need a better checklist too. There were 2 in the plane. One is for an Archer III and its a flip book with a ton of useful information but its hard to find the page I want really quick and has a bunch of items that don't apply.

The other one was printed out and seems to be missing steps. I'd like one of the simple laminated one double-sided ones like the 172 I was renting had. I think they were branded "check mate"? If I could find that for my archer then perfect, that's a lot easier to deal with. If all else fails I'll just make up my own and print it out and see if I can find a laminator I guess.

But yeah what swag/essential/useful items should I be looking for while I'm there. The money pit is hungry.

If all else fails I'll just make up my own and print it out and see if I can find a laminator I guess.
That's the way to go ! Go to any copy , printing store for laminating .

If all else fails I'll just make up my own and print it out and see if I can find a laminator I guess.

Making your own checklist is the way to go. Start with the POH for the real numbers for your aircraft then list the items you want to cover in pre-flight and flight. Fine tune and you'll be set.

I put all pre-, in-, and post-flight items on one side of an 8 1/2 x 11" sheet and emergency procedures on the back. Besides being always readily available, I can easily review emergency procedures any time I'm waiting whether it's in line for fuel at the self-serve or IFR release.

Cool, an Archer with deicing boots ;)

Congratulations ! Who did you end up using for the pre-buy ?

My wife and I are going up to OSH Sunday night and gonna be there Mon. Driving there. :nonod:

Anyway I plan to hit up the swap meets. Looking for an ANR headset for her eventual use, sunvisors, a GPS for my ipad or maybe a stratus if I find a good deal.

And then just general supplies.... I need about everything. Chocks, tie-downs, cleaning supplies.

I need a better checklist too. There were 2 in the plane. One is for an Archer III and its a flip book with a ton of useful information but its hard to find the page I want really quick and has a bunch of items that don't apply.

The other one was printed out and seems to be missing steps. I'd like one of the simple laminated one double-sided ones like the 172 I was renting had. I think they were branded "check mate"? If I could find that for my archer then perfect, that's a lot easier to deal with. If all else fails I'll just make up my own and print it out and see if I can find a laminator I guess.

But yeah what swag/essential/useful items should I be looking for while I'm there. The money pit is hungry.

Congratulations on the buy! We have a similarly configured one in the club I manage. However I must say yours looks in better shape than ours.

CheckMate Checklists: http://www.checkmateaviation.com/Products/Checklists/checklists.html

If you'd like I have a high quality scan of the checklist specific to our Archer.

Try the first checklist at this site, I printed this, cut it and laminated it. Worked well and is very visual. When I got the Arrow I noticed a couple V speeds were incorrect so I managed to find a free program to modify the checklist.

http://freechecklists.net/Resources/Piper/PA-28-181+Archer+II_III/

Back