Way to go Cajun

OMG. I was carping on a mailing list (Yup, some still exist) about how the latest start trek movies have changed the line "...to boldly go where no man has gone before..." to "...to boldly go where no one has gone before..." as we all KNOW the original reference to man means mankind, as in all of the human race. The liberal PC **** storm I endured after that one.......O.M.G.
well then...... F**K star trek!

Context is a factor as well when it comes to certain words. Take f**k for example. If one was to scream f**k after bashing his finger with a hammer, not offensive. If a person says "let's get the f**k out of here", not offensive. If a person says "You are f**king nuts" to a friend who does something crazy or dumb, not offensive. If a person says "I hate this f**king job", not offensive. If you tell your friend "I f**ked Susie last night", not offensive... unless your friend is in a relationship with Susie or Susie hears you say it. However, say "f**k you" to someone in an angry or aggressive manner... it may be taken as offensive. Yeah, I know some folks would find any of the above to be offensive but to those folks I say.... well you know.

Why is it that "Get the f**k out of here!" doesn't seem so bad when Eddie Murphy says it?

Context is a factor as well when it comes to certain words. Take f**k for example. If one was to scream f**k after bashing his finger with a hammer, not offensive. If a person says "let's get the f**k out of here", not offensive. If a person says "You are f**king nuts" to a friend who does something crazy or dumb, not offensive. If a person says "I hate this f**king job", not offensive. If you tell your friend "I f**ked Susie last night", not offensive... unless your friend is in a relationship with Susie or Susie hears you say it. However, say "f**k you" to someone in an angry or aggressive manner... it may be taken as offensive. Yeah, I know some folks would find any of the above to be offensive but to those folks I say.... well you know.

I don't mind any of those. What I mind is when people use it completely without any reason (neither emphasis nor insult nor descriptive), and when there is literally no other word you can substitude back into that sentence and have it still make sense.

I have a brother-in-law who would use that in front of almost every noun that he uses. E.g.
"So yesterday I went with my f**ing truck to buy some f**ing milk and got stopped by a f**ing cop".

Well first of all, don't sit on the hitch ball, because... ouch!
Second, I know it's white, but it's really not the same thing...
And third, by the time he zips up you'd be long gone so why stop??

You fargin sneaky bastage. I'm gonna take your dwork. I'm gonna nail it to the wall. I'm gonna crush your boils in a meat grinder. I'm gonna cut off your arms. I'm gonna shove 'em up your icehole. Dirty son-a-ma-batches. My own club!

You and the rest of your bastages can gamble, but don't try no fargin trick, otherwise you wind up with your bells in a sling.

My mother hung me on a hook once. Once.

I was expecting to see one of these before I could post. LOL
iu

We have a girl at work with a half naked poster of Patrick Swayze that's easily four feet tall above her desk. (I am not offended by it, but I assume she's into dead guys or something.)

I imagine if the gender of that particular staff member and their poster were reversed, the double standard would kick in and the world would be all drama-filled for an hour with bosses running around harrumphing and the personal posters would all come down, to make us all "happy" again.

Such is the way of the PC cult.

Yes, customers have seen it. No, nobody cares. Make that even a Marylyn Monroe poster and the indoctrinated fools would freak out.

We had someone put up this poster in his office at work.

pink_floyd_back_bodypainting_back_catalogue_poster_albums.jpg

Seems innocent enough. Someone complained. He assumed it was a woman. So he moved it into the men's bathroom. Someone complained again :D:rolleyes: and it was permanently removed.

Much of middle America is prudish including this place.

I love that a thread with my name in the title has devolved to senseless swearing :) All that sanctimonious crap there for a while was getting to be a bit too much. This is way f*!king better.

I love that a thread with my name in the title has devolved to senseless swearing :) All that sanctimonious crap there for a while was getting to be a bit too much. This is way f*!king better.

Wait a sec! Who says it's senseless?! Sheesh. So judgmental. ;)

Seems innocent enough. Someone complained. He assumed it was a woman. So he moved it into the men's bathroom. Someone complained again :D:rolleyes: and it was permanently removed.

Hang that in my office and I won't complain

This thread brought to you by the letters F and K. Sponsored by a couple of asterisks.

I had a coworker that got called to school because his young son said the"F Word" He and his wife pleaded that they couldn't believe that their son had used that kind of language. After being berated for their parenting and explaining that they expected a higher standard of behavior, the teacher let slip that word in question used was "fart". After apologizing and admitting that they use that word at home and promising that they would speak to their son about using it at school, he went off on the teacher for making him take time off work for something so silly.

I had a coworker that got called to school because his young son said the"F Word" He and his wife pleaded that they couldn't believe that their son had used that kind of language. After being berated for their parenting and explaining that they expected a higher standard of behavior, the teacher let slip that word in question used was "fart". After apologizing and admitting that they use that word at home and promising that they would speak to their son about using it at school, he went off on the teacher for making him take time off work for something so silly.
My immediately reply would have been "What?! Fart?! Go fart yourself."

The last fart wouldn't have been fart.

The censor filter was discussed by the MC at the time we went to the new software. The consensus was that it remains. Just use the real word and let the filter do its work. People go to a lot of work to try and bypass it. Some examples we will let go because it's impossible to catch all instances and be fair about it, the more egregious examples, no, especially if they are reported. I can't imagine anyone on the MC warning someone about the use of @ss, especially when ass is not filtered.
reported. ;)

My kids are freakishly polite and well mannered. At 7 and 9 now I have said "what you talk about is your business but I better never hear certain things out if your mouth or another adult telling me they heard it out of your mouth" That said, I'm quite certain the only word they say is crap and dangit. For now they are unseasonably sweet but I bet the rebellion that is coming is going to be big.

No farting way!

I;m having flashbacks to a previous job where a guy I worked with got called into the office for saying a co-worker was a "communist w___". He jumped up and said that he never called her a communist.

edit: It's been many years, and I think the word was "w____" and not "b____". Either way, the punchline was the same.

Last edited:
Hey I can't find mscard's thread, where did it go?

Some people need to grow thicker skins or ignore the threads that offend them. And perhaps get counseling if they are really offended by such tame stuff.

I'll say this and hope not to get banned myself (because it's friday and because I like to stir the pot and because the PoA mods are awesome and because please don't ban me!) but I really really really hope mscard got banned because of maybe something stupid he did, NOT because of some whiney sally who is oversensitive (regardless of how silly and immature the post might have been) then in gutless form discretely complained to the mods which in turn causes a "we're not going to allow you to defend yourself, we're just deleting your post or banning you because that's the end of that" process. I've said it before that I find the 'report post' link kinda funny. if you don't like something, move on and stop reading the thread. if a post actually breaks the rules, let the mods delete it or take action.

overall, as I've stated several time, I think the mods do a great job. unless they delete my post, then I have a few letters and a few asterisks for them!

Some people need to grow thicker skins or ignore the threads that offend them. And perhaps get counseling if they are really offended by such tame stuff.

agreed. well said. and I agree.

I will probably regret posting this, but everyone please take a look at the Rules of Conduct and the enforcement schedule.

https://www.pilotsofamerica.com/community/help/RoC/

As far as frivolous reports go, we get them and reject them. While mods can do some things unilaterally, warning or banning someone is subject to vote (the exceptions are obvious spammers or abusers of the anonymous feature). That is why there is often a delay in this regard. So just because the poster ahead of you seems to have gotten away with something doesn't mean that it's OK to escalate the situation.

Last edited:

If If doesn't have something to do with flying, importing engines from Canada or kidnapping cats, it's difficult to maintain attention :D

oh man, look at that............RULES!!!!!!!

so something like: "hey mscard....respectfully, F**K you!" is within the rules:
  • Show respect at all times.
WOOHOOO these ROC's are great!

( :D )

oh man, look at that............RULES!!!!!!!

so something like: "hey mscard....respectfully, F**K you!" is within the rules:
  • Show respect at all times.
WOOHOOO these ROC's are great!

( :D )
*face palm*

You're lucky I'm not on the council. I'd smack you for a day just for that. :D

...then I'd have to ban myself for a week for all the stuff I post.

No way you could post that where I work.
Had "Respect in the Workplace" training recently. Based on all the things that I learned could be offensive to someone, the only thing non work related I figure I can say to co-workers is "hello" and "goodbye".

just don't go posting about .22 shells....or you'll get a nasty gram too. Apparently the mods are anti gun. :D

No way you could post that where I work.
Had "Respect in the Workplace" training recently. Based on all the things that I learned could be offensive to someone, the only thing non work related I figure I can say to co-workers is "hello" and "goodbye".
What do you mean GOOD bye? Who are you to tell me what kind of bye it is? I'm tired of these microaggressions!

Back