Trevor Jacob Crash and Burn

Doing a little rough math it looks like four million youtube clicks is gonna cost him fifty million seconds of prison time.

Leonard French apparently read the stuff better than Lehto or Brown, and found it was likely a level 14, not 15, so 12 months is the minimum recommended. Juan thinks he has mental issues; I agree. But he does know right from wrong.

1) He's shorter than I thought.

2) For those not willing to dedicate 18' to the video, what's the sentence?

Will he have access to a fire extinguisher while incarcerated?

Smart like a rock, quick like a tree ...

None of this would be a problem if we converted to metric time.
How soon they forget...France *did* try to convert time and calendar to metric.

Twelve months, each with three ten-day weeks, with the excess covered as "complimentary" days. Each day had 10 hours, each 100 minutes long.

Ron "Allons enfant de la patrie, Le jour de gloire est arrivé..." Wanttaja

Twelve months, each with three ten-day weeks, with the excess covered as "complimentary" days. Each day had 10 hours, each 100 minutes long.

Ah yes, the foundation for the idiotic Swatch "Internet Time," which I see turns 25 years old this month and has caught on just about as broadly as the French idea.

I've seen the marks for geometry (e.g., latitude/longitude) but not time.....

Ron "Wait a '" Wanttaja

what he said.

I've never seen ' used for time. but, being stogi, I'm certainly not an authority...

How I long for the adoption of a dozenal numeric system. Divide 10 by 3 and you get a repeating decimal. Divide 12 by 3 and get a nice whole number.

6 months.??

He'll be out in 6 weeks due to over crowding. Might be able to swing a deal and only get county.

But only for Obstruction...nothing yet (maybe ever?) for the reckless endangerment, willful crashing of an aircraft, intentional damage to public lands, etc.

Them's some smart folks doing this investigation

“It appears that [Jacob] exercised exceptionally poor judgment in committing this offense,” stated prosecutors in a sentencing memorandum.

:rolleyes:

I am sure he will be out quick, but still... nice to see he will actually see the inside of a prison... as white collar as I am sure it will be. I assume lifelong ban from flying as well?

But only for Obstruction...nothing yet (maybe ever?) for the reckless endangerment, willful crashing of an aircraft, intentional damage to public lands, etc.
...and creating a nuisance.

I am sure he will be out quick, but still... nice to see he will actually see the inside of a prison... as white collar as I am sure it will be. I assume lifelong ban from flying as well?
About all a court can do with that is restrict him from flying while on supervision following release, if the federal system does that. Once his supervision/probation is over - and it can’t go for life - he’s eligible to get his certificate (all he’ll need is the written and checkride prep).

Maybe the FAA shouldn't have dropped the "good moral character" requirement.

Doesn’t apply to ATPs… Former “administrator” dickson lied to congress under oath, no one cared. Don’t see any reason to hammer this guy over that.

Doesn’t apply to ATPs… Former “administrator” dickson lied to congress under oath, no one cared. Don’t see any reason to hammer this guy over that.

Depends on which tier of the justice system one is on ...

As per the article in WashPost, FAA 'revoked Jacob’s pilot license."

Not that I want to stick up for the douche, I mean dude, but is there actually a regulation regarding "willful crashing of an aircraft"?

but is there actually a regulation regarding "willful crashing of an aircraft"?
No FAR but there is a US law that covers willful damage or destruction of an aircraft or associated parts.

Back